The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

What happens if I miss the conditions of my offer?

I hold an offer for law at LSE. If I don't meet the conditions of the offer, say I get equivalent grades (math was out of hand this year), what do I do? I have been working and doing meaningful things in the summer that I would want LSE to know. Do I write up an email to them on results day talking about my situation and trying to convince them? Should I get my counselor to write too?

If LSE does not let me in (which I would expect), I still have my insurance choice, KCL. HOWEVER, KCL's offer are like, the same grades, even though I've heard they're more lenient. What do I do, am I allowed to write up emails to KCL too, despite it being my insurance choice?
Original post by crstnak
I hold an offer for law at LSE. If I don't meet the conditions of the offer, say I get equivalent grades (math was out of hand this year), what do I do? I have been working and doing meaningful things in the summer that I would want LSE to know. Do I write up an email to them on results day talking about my situation and trying to convince them? Should I get my counselor to write too?

If LSE does not let me in (which I would expect), I still have my insurance choice, KCL. HOWEVER, KCL's offer are like, the same grades, even though I've heard they're more lenient. What do I do, am I allowed to write up emails to KCL too, despite it being my insurance choice?

If you don't meet the offer, LSE will decide if they want to accept you or not, they receive your results before you and will consider near-misses on a case-by-case basis (I'm fairly sure) if they have spaces available. If they choose to reject you, there's not much hope of them changing their mind as they'll have already filled your place but no harm in trying (I would recommend calling rather than emailing). If your firm choice reject you, it passes to your insurance. If you miss your insurance offer as well (which you will if they're the same grades), they can then choose whether to accept you or reject you. Again, you can try calling them, no harm in it but unlikely they will change their mind. If you miss both you can try clearing, and call up any university (probably best to start with any you applied to but got rejected/declined the offer then move on to ones you didn't apply to) to see if they will accept you. But you don't know your results yet and you probably did better than you think so try not to stress!
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by bea_murray0
you can try calling them, no harm in it

It is totally pointless calling any Uni that has rejected you.
Its a very final decision - they don't want you.
Original post by McGinger
It is totally pointless calling any Uni that has rejected you.
Its a very final decision - they don't want you.

Yep, like I said they'll have already filled the place, but nothing to lose
Original post by bea_murray0
but nothing to lose

... except wasting everyone's time, including your own.

obviously haha but desperate times and all that
Original post by crstnak

I’m in the same position! Maths went so badly for me and I don’t think I’ll get the required grade for it, especially since i needed an A* to do Econ. Hopefully low grade boundaries 😀
Original post by crstnak

If all else fails, you could retake A-Level Maths in June 2023 and perhaps also an AS-Level or even A-Level in Further Maths. :smile:
Reply 9

i mean not necessarily bc people have succeeded
Original post by crstnak
i mean not necessarily bc people have succeeded

Universities don’t send a rejection decision to UCAS if there’s any doubts over the decision.
Original post by crstnak

exactly the same situation...would you mind sharing the meaningful things you've done in the summer that you plan to let them know?
Reply 12
Original post by Anonymous
exactly the same situation...would you mind sharing the meaningful things you've done in the summer that you plan to let them know?

update: met my conditions!

I've done virtual internships and online courses etc, just things accessible to me since I live in a non-English speaking country. Hope this helps!
Original post by crstnak
update: met my conditions!

I've done virtual internships and online courses etc, just things accessible to me since I live in a non-English speaking country. Hope this helps!

You got into Law at LSE?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending