The Student Room Group

transferring medical school

(edited 1 year ago)
You can't transfer medical schools in the UK, unfortunately. I know of one person who managed to transfer to a different uni but they had very exceptional circumstances.
Reply 2
Original post by girl_in_black
You can't transfer medical schools in the UK, unfortunately. I know of one person who managed to transfer to a different uni but they had very exceptional circumstances.

can I ask what uni this was as I guess its worth a try since I have ec that I didnt fully explain in student room since im not comfortable - if thats ok
Original post by anonbread
can I ask what uni this was as I guess its worth a try since I have ec that I didnt fully explain in student room since im not comfortable - if thats ok

It was one of the London unis; I think UCL. The person in question did extremely well academically though.,
since ucl pass rate is 40%, which I got higher than 40% but my pass rate is 50% that I was close to but didnt get, do I have a shot at sending them my EC

I strongly suspect not.
Reply 5
I understand not ucl. does anyone know if any med skl (in the uk) will accept my ec and allow me to transfer. im feeling rlly lost and alone in this
I don't think linked med schools even accept transfers. I tried changing from leicester to aston, despite having medical circumstances, and they said no,
Reply 7
would u recommend transferring abroad maybe Europe?
Reply 8
unfortunately yes and im finding it rlly hard to know what to do next
Apparently, a relative of my friend transferred from Imperial to St Georges after suffering from very bad mental health circumstances due to the course. I'm not sure if this is fully true since as ecolier mentioned med schools are filled to the brim. also this was ages ago I think

id advise talking to your personal tutor about this since they can probably aid you further? so sorry to hear xx
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 10
uk med skills not accepting someone who has previously dropped out of a med school- is this an official rule like by the gmc or ?
uk med skills not accepting someone who has previously dropped out of a med school- is this an official rule like by the gmc or ?

I'm pretty sure (at least some) med schools have it in their admission criteria.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending