The Student Room Group

Got a Ucas or results related question? Ask a Clearing and Applications Advisor here!

image (7).png
Unsure about Clearing?
Worried about your Results?
Don't know what something means on your Ucas application?

Our very own Ucas trained Clearing and Applications Advisors are here to help!

Ask them a question below, and they'll get back to you with some helpful advice and support.

Please be aware during busy times it make take longer to get you an answer, but our advisors are checking in on this page daily to offer support. We will let you know if there are any changes to this.

Good luck to everyone waiting on exam results!

Remember, you are more than your grades and you have the power to #FindYourFuture regardless :heart:
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hey hey :hi:

When are grade boundaries released, is it the day before results day or earlier?
Original post by User_2804122826
When are grade boundaries released, is it the day before results day or earlier?

I believe it's usually the day of results day. Are you receiving results this year? A-Level or something else? :smile:

Next week I'm attending a training session from Ofqual, so I will make sure to ask that question there and get back to you. :smile:
Posting to subscribe :smile:
:moon: :ninjagirl:
subscribing
Original post by 04MR17
I believe it's usually the day of results day. Are you receiving results this year? A-Level or something else? :smile:

Next week I'm attending a training session from Ofqual, so I will make sure to ask that question there and get back to you. :smile:

Yep Im getting A level results.
Thank you :smile:
Here to help! :smile:
Hello everyone! We're here to help :h:
I'm an international student applying to universities in the UK for medicine. Ill graduate from HS in 2023, however, I'm not done with some of my exams, some APs (Advanced Placement). Ill get my results after I apply, so can I just leave my score as "Pending". I'm really confused about this whole situation. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I'm an international student applying to universities in the UK for medicine. Ill graduate from HS in 2023, however, I'm not done with some of my exams, some APs (Advanced Placement). Ill get my results after I apply, so can I just leave my score as "Pending". Im really confused about this whole situation. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Original post by CatusStarbright
Hello everyone! We're here to help :h:

Original post by Charlotte's Web
Here to help! :smile:
Original post by Yossef Emara
I'm an international student applying to universities in the UK for medicine. Ill graduate from HS in 2023, however, I'm not done with some of my exams, some APs (Advanced Placement). Ill get my results after I apply, so can I just leave my score as "Pending". I'm really confused about this whole situation. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yes :smile:
Any qualifications you have yet to receive results for at the time of your application should go down as "Grade Pending" when you fill in your UCAS application.
You will be asked when you are going to be taking the qualification and what the qualification is.
The UCAS form will need you to list out each one. :yy:

That sound alright? :smile:
Hi,
Do universities receive your grades earlier than you do? I've heard some people saying that sometimes UCAS is updated with confirmed or rejected for their uni before they even get their results. I may have missed my offer by one grade and I'd hope that my uni would take some time to consider each application, as they do take people on who missed the offer as long as there are spaces left on the course.
Thank you.
When I do get the results eventuallly, how must I comminicate with the university and notify them about my score? Also, if im applying early how can they choose to accept me without knowing my scores yet? Im really grateful for your help.

Original post by 04MR17
Yes :smile:
Any qualifications you have yet to receive results for at the time of your application should go down as "Grade Pending" when you fill in your UCAS application.
You will be asked when you are going to be taking the qualification and what the qualification is.
The UCAS form will need you to list out each one. :yy:

That sound alright? :smile:
Original post by mollymop902
Hi,
Do universities receive your grades earlier than you do? I've heard some people saying that sometimes UCAS is updated with confirmed or rejected for their uni before they even get their results. I may have missed my offer by one grade and I'd hope that my uni would take some time to consider each application, as they do take people on who missed the offer as long as there are spaces left on the course.
Thank you.

Yes, they recieve results in the embargo period the week before results day and make their decisions, but the decisions are under embargo and won't be shared until results day (and please let us know if anything is as this is quite a serious breach of exam etiquette!)

Universities may consider near-miss canididates and I'd hope they do that carefully. Some of the advisers who work in admissions will know more like @PQ and @Admit-One :smile:
Original post by Yossef Emara
When I do get the results eventuallly, how must I comminicate with the university and notify them about my score? Also, if im applying early how can they choose to accept me without knowing my scores yet? Im really grateful for your help.

Hi :smile:

Hopefully once you get offers from universities they'll tell you how you should notify them about your grades (important you won't upload your results to UCAS) and what evidence you might need to show them.

I believe that in other countries it's normal to apply to universities once you know your final results, but in the UK it's quite normal to apply not knowing your results, so most people will be in the same position. If you have qualifications you've already achieved during your schooling you should make sure you provide your results for these so universities can use those results to help make a decision on whether to accept you, as well as information you give such as your personal statement and reference. :smile:
Can you ask to defer entry to a course by year on or after results day?
Original post by CurlyyMM
Can you ask to defer entry to a course by year on or after results day?

You can, but the university can say no (and is potentially quite likely to). You can also ask them now if you know you want to defer.
Original post by becausethenight
Yes, they recieve results in the embargo period the week before results day and make their decisions, but the decisions are under embargo and won't be shared until results day (and please let us know if anything is as this is quite a serious breach of exam etiquette!)

Universities may consider near-miss canididates and I'd hope they do that carefully. Some of the advisers who work in admissions will know more like @PQ and @Admit-One :smile:

Thank you for the reply! I feel better now knowing that they get the results a week before as I was worried they'd get them and make final decisions in a single day.
I'm an Access student, I know I have the grades for my first and second choice universities but I'm currently undergoing medical investigations for ill health and the University nursery has been unable to accept my child into preschool so I have childcare issues. I think I want to defer a year so I can get my condition under control and my child will be in school. How do I do this, how likely will I be accepted and how do I apply? I'm pretty sure my doctor will write me a supporting letter if needed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending