The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Try kickboxing it helps relieve that built up anger and keeps you fit plus then you can tell your parents that your doing something about it and they might support you more
Original post by Anonymous
this isnt my point .. my point is that my parents say that there's no benefit of your education...I m really ambitious and it makes me feel worst as what if my parents say that we can't pay for you anymore

What did you do that made your parents think that you're angry?
so my sisters annoy me and it makes me angry
What did you do that made your parents think that you're angry?
they won't...my sisters make fun of me even if I go for CBT; hey've started calling me mental out of nowhere
Original post by MnM789
Try kickboxing it helps relieve that built up anger and keeps you fit plus then you can tell your parents that your doing something about it and they might support you more
so my sisters annoy me and it makes me angry

It is normal for siblings to p**s each other off, so I don't see that as anything serious. If you actually hurt or punched someone then that would be more serious, but otherwise, I don't see how that affects 'your education' and what you're trying to achieve careerwise. I have an annoying brother as well and whenever we meet he p****s me off all the time. It didn't stop me getting a good degree at the end of the day, so I've no idea how it's a waste and how it relates to your sister.
Reply 6
they won't...my sisters make fun of me even if I go for CBT; hey've started calling me mental out of nowhere

They're just terrible sisters then they should support you. how old are they?
so my siblings taunt me which irritates me ; its not that I punch them or hurt them in anyway. What hurts me is that even they irritate me my mom takes their side and my issue is that I keep on asking my mom that why she didnt take my side. For instance, I have been saying to my mom that why don't you take my side..she left for the airport but my complaint was that she spent more time with my sisters before going and only came to me at the end to say BYE. When she left I got so angry that I kept on calling her; she didnt pick up my call so I angrily messaged her that if you not gonna pick my call up I m blocking you. She showed this msg to my dad who very angrily messaged me that (this is what you learn from your education that you're saying I m blocking you to your mom, ok carry on block us). This made me even more angry but at the end I m the one who is wrong :frown:
It is normal for siblings to p**s each other off, so I don't see that as anything serious. If you actually hurt or punched someone then that would be more serious, but otherwise, I don't see how that affects 'your education' and what you're trying to achieve careerwise. I have an annoying brother as well and whenever we meet he p****s me off all the time. It didn't stop me getting a good degree at the end of the day, so I've no idea how it's a waste and how it relates to your sister.
yeah these are the type of things that make me angry; when my sister made fun of me for CBT I was so upset and crying the next morning; my dad saw me crying and he said why are you crying angrily to which I started crying even more he then said we are not gonna pay anymore for your education. I love studying and I have goals and I feel like I have ruined everything by my own hands
Original post by MnM789
They're just terrible sisters then they should support you. how old are they?
Reply 9
yeah these are the type of things that make me angry; when my sister made fun of me for CBT I was so upset and crying the next morning; my dad saw me crying and he said why are you crying angrily to which I started crying even more he then said we are not gonna pay anymore for your education. I love studying and I have goals and I feel like I have ruined everything by my own hands

If nobodies going to support you do it anyways. Nobody else's opinions matter as long as you want to do it to improve yourself or to achieve your goals.
I m worried that I have ruined my image in front of my parents :frown: what if they don't pay for my fees anymore :frown: just to mention I m muslim Pakistani
Original post by MnM789
If nobodies going to support you do it anyways. Nobody else's opinions matter as long as you want to do it to improve yourself or to achieve your goals.
so my siblings taunt me which irritates me ; its not that I punch them or hurt them in anyway. What hurts me is that even they irritate me my mom takes their side and my issue is that I keep on asking my mom that why she didnt take my side. For instance, I have been saying to my mom that why don't you take my side..she left for the airport but my complaint was that she spent more time with my sisters before going and only came to me at the end to say BYE. When she left I got so angry that I kept on calling her; she didnt pick up my call so I angrily messaged her that if you not gonna pick my call up I m blocking you. She showed this msg to my dad who very angrily messaged me that (this is what you learn from your education that you're saying I m blocking you to your mom, ok carry on block us). This made me even more angry but at the end I m the one who is wrong :frown:

From my point of view, these are just petty things and you shouldn't take anything seriously or to heart. Similar things used to happen to me too when I lived with my brother years ago. I always used to argue with my brother and my mom always used to take my side. I still don't see how this relates to your education, but I think that this your parents' problem more than your problem. My advice would be to respectfully sit down and talk to your parents about it and see what they say. Tell them that your siblings are being hurtful and see what they say. You're adults for goodness sake, you're not 14 or 15 anymore. You can talk about it. I'm sure about that. If they do not want to understand or reason with you then it is their problem. Parents are not perfect either. I get annoyed by my family a lot too and that's why I want to move out so bad. However, I am being held back because I can't find a good job even though I graduated. Still in progress though.
From my point of view, these are just petty things and you shouldn't take anything seriously or to heart. Similar things used to happen to me too when I lived with my brother years ago. I always used to argue with my brother and my mom always used to take my side. I still don't see how this relates to your education, but I think that this your parents' problem more than your problem. My advice would be to respectfully sit down and talk to your parents about it and see what they say. Tell them that your siblings are being hurtful and see what they say. You're adults for goodness sake, you're not 14 or 15 anymore. You can talk about it. I'm sure about that. If they do not want to understand or reason with you then it is their problem. Parents are not perfect either. I get annoyed by my family a lot too and that's why I want to move out so bad. However, I am being held back because I can't find a good job even though I graduated. Still in progress though.

my sisters make like a group and hurt me ; they think that I am a psycho and I need mental help :frown:

I m worried that I have ruined my image in front of my parents :frown: what if they don't pay for my fees anymore :frown: just to mention I m muslim Pakistani

There's not much I can help you with in terms of your parents paying for your fees that's up to you to convince them but if they refuse could you not take out a loan of some sort? In terms of your image they may

my sisters make like a group and hurt me ; they think that I am a psycho and I need mental help :frown:

The real question is do you think your a psycho? If no then whatever they think doesn't matter at all but if you do think you are then get help no matter what they may put you through and you will come out as a better person

You don't need mental help and you're not psycho. Your sisters are just trying to p**s you off on purpose and you should either ignore them or seriously talk about it with your parents. You don't have anger issues. Your sisters are taking it a bit too far and being hurtful and you should talk to someone about it.
You don't need mental help and you're not psycho. Your sisters are just trying to p**s you off on purpose and you should either ignore them or seriously talk about it with your parents. You don't have anger issues. Your sisters are taking it a bit too far and being hurtful and you should talk to someone about it.

Even better would be to record the bullying and show it to the parents and that would explain everything

Your clearly not a psycho since you clearly care just saying
my parents don't understand. Like now I have been calling my phone when she dint pick up only then I write I am blocking you and she shoed that message to my dad like didnt she think of all the times hive been so good with my mom; like I said the word BLOCK Just so that shell pick up my call and take to me nicely before taking off in other words, I was seeking attention. She knows that my dad takes things too far like he'll think that the word BLOCK means I am cutting my mom out of my life etc and will never forget that I said this to my mom then why did my mom shared this with him :frown:
yea the only problem with me is that I take to heart and hurts very easily like I m too sensitive I just can't ignore but the fact that I was sending voice msgs to my dad and mom crying loudly like a child is making me think that they'll hate me as my dad already said twice to me that we have no benefit of your education which tbh hurts me as I m a good student and not into activities that muslim parents don't allow. Also, whenever my mom and dad fights I m the only one who stoop their fight; whenever my dad or mom has an arguments or any of my sisters is upset I feel for them and always listen to them
Original post by MnM789
Your clearly not a psycho since you clearly care just saying
my parents don't understand. Like now I have been calling my phone when she dint pick up only then I write I am blocking you and she shoed that message to my dad like didnt she think of all the times hive been so good with my mom; like I said the word BLOCK Just so that shell pick up my call and take to me nicely before taking off in other words, I was seeking attention. She knows that my dad takes things too far like he'll think that the word BLOCK means I am cutting my mom out of my life etc and will never forget that I said this to my mom then why did my mom shared this with him :frown:

Well, if your parents don't understand then maybe it's finally time to move out. You have a degree and you should be an independent adult. Move out get a job and start focusing on your own life. Honestly, if I was in your situation, I would've moved out already. I don't tolerate bullying or people being just plain disrespectful.

Latest

Trending

Trending