Champions League 09/10 Watch

FM08
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You don't play good at home, and consistently not perform away from home and drift in and out of matches and be a world class player. he's nothing compared to ronaldo/rooney/gerrard. he's a damn good player and when he turns it on then great! but he's not quite the player he was hyped up to be is what I'm saying.
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by FM08)
Anyways that's how I see it. The same goes for people like Tevex and Robinho, people (especially glory hunters) love to lap it up about foreign players but you can see that both Robinho and Tevez were both overrated when you look at them now. I'm sure when Robinho was at RM everyone was licking this guys **** so hard and overhyping him, like he was some kind of superstar, when really now he's in the Prem we can all see for ourselves he's a good player, but not really as good as other stars in the league.

So I still await people like Aguero to step upto the plate in one form or another before thinking they're some kind of superstar when really they've done **** all.
14 league goals in 31 appearances isnt shabby at all..

Although I agree he isnt one of the 'best players' but seems harsh to drop him in 'good player'. Id put him in a 2nd band of 'great players'

Best
Great
Good
Mediocre
Crap
Relegation fodder

Bearing in mind there will be some (25 players in a squad x 20 teams =) some 500+ players in the league.
Kevmeister
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by FM08)
You don't play good at home, and consistently not perform away from home and drift in and out of matches and be a world class player. he's nothing compared to ronaldo/rooney/gerrard. he's a damn good player and when he turns it on then great! but he's not quite the player he was hyped up to be is what I'm saying.
Football is a team game.

I'd expect Robinho to score the same amount this season, but only due to him being injured for a month or so.
FM08
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I never said it wasn't.
Mess.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I think it is sometimes too easy for people to argue that players have to 'prove' themselves in a certain league before they can be classed as world class players.
Sometimes ertain players are not suited to certain styles of football, if the Premier League was such a great league then our World Class exports would set the world alight and dominate teams. Instead our players are generally just bench warmers etc. But to give Beckham his due he did fairly well for Real Madrid.

A couple of points about the whole having to play in certain leagues view.
Pele never proved himself in Europe yet nobody denies his place in the highest echelons of players.
Ian Rush was a disaster at Juventus but nobody denies he is one of the greatest British finishers of all time.

Spending a few years in each of the top leagues is a way of 'proving' yourself to the idiotic masses - however these players would then be called mercenaries :p:

So to get back to my original point :rolleyes: different leagues suit different players! Sometimes a league can be too physical/slow/compact/technical/uncompetitive for supposed 'class' players to show their best form.

I hold my hands up with this one as well - I have never rated Ibrahimovic yet watching him play in Spain has shown that he is a player with a great touch and a very good eye for goal. (just have to wait for him to turn it on in the Champions League and against a strong Spanish team, Atletico don't count right now due to the kerfuffle the club has got into)

Edit: I also think a massive problem is so many players being called 'World Class' now when they are merely great/very good players. A player needs to do it consistently over a few SEASONS before they can be accounted as World Class, not a few games!!
Barça
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Prediction *****es? :teeth:
Neo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Arsenal 2 Olympiakos 0
Barcelona 4 Dynamop Kiev 1
Fiorentina 1 - Liverpool 2
Charzhino
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Balotelli seriously needs to sort his attitude out, he's been sent off again in Inter's early kick off with Ruben, and the game is on the edge as it's 1-1.
Jim-ie
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Robinho is magic, anyone that says otherwise needs a kick in the baws.

COME ON SEVILLA, show that embarrassment of a football team how to play football.
Neo
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Jim-ie)
Robinho is magic, anyone that says otherwise needs a kick in the baws.
On a good day.....on a bad one Eboue puts him to shame.:eek3:
Jim-ie
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Neo)
On a good day.....on a bad one Eboue puts him to shame.:eek3:
On his bad days he still produces magic most of the time. He can be invisible for an entire match and three seconds of magic makes up for it.
Neo
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
On his bad days he still produces magic most of the time. He can be invisible for an entire match and three seconds of magic makes up for it.
I really disagree, he had some games last season where he might as well not have been on the pitch. But of course he can produce football that 99% of Prem players dream of.
Jim-ie
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Neo)
I really disagree, he had some games last season where he might as well not have been on the pitch. But of course he can produce football that 99% of Prem players dream of.
His form was no worse than the rest of the team away. Blackburn away he did nothing but in the end scored the equaliser with his last kick. With the players we have now Robinho can only get better with his performances which is a scary thought considering his undoubted talent, we all know how good he CAN be!
Neo
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
His form was no worse than the rest of the team away. Blackburn away he did nothing but in the end scored the equaliser with his last kick. With the players we have now Robinho can only get better with his performances which is a scary thought considering his undoubted talent, we all know how good he CAN be!
True, but for 32.5 Million he'd better be!:yep:
Barça
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Inter draw with Kazan, a great result for Barca and Dynamo. A win for the Catalans and they are in the driving seat :yes:
Mess.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Charzhino)
Balotelli seriously needs to sort his attitude out, he's been sent off again in Inter's early kick off with Ruben, and the game is on the edge as it's 1-1.
And people wonder why Mourinho dislikes him!

He is a fantastic talent but with his attitude he will probably end up at a second tier club and not one of the top class European teams, which will be a shame if i am honest.
Stu Laverty
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Stuttgart and Lyon winning so far :cool:
Toblerone99
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Is there a place where I can watch the liverpool game for free on the internet?
Stu Laverty
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I love Jovetic.
Jim-ie
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Liverpool two down
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.74%
No - but I will (102)
7.67%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.84%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (635)
47.74%

Watched Threads