Maths Uni Chat Watch

Simplicity
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by Swayum)
Given that this is like week 1, it'll almost certainly get harder. However, the other factors which come from moving to a new city + institution will probably die down and make the work easier to manage.
No not that work. Certainly, I'm really on something like week 7. Sadly, I bet I'm the only one who actually has read the book by Eccles. But, lol. I was wondering in the second year and stuff does it get easier or harder. Its hard to think abstractly.
Oh I Really Don't Care
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Simplicity)
P.P.P.P.S. Although, I do still plan to join a martial arts club.
It might be easier for you to start now as the lessons may be sequenced (and routine wise it makes more sense).
Glutamic Acid
Badges: 14
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by KAISER_MOLE)
It has indeed! Am doing alright, got a ridiculous sleeping pattern at the mo. They somehow let me stay on to do fourth year so that's what I'm doing. Bath's a bloomin long trip for ya, maybe you'll meet Barrrbara down around there :p: . I'll pop on msn at some point
Hi! I have heard rumours (neither confirmed nor denied) that a particular hobby of yours is playing Scrabble; as I'll be studying at John's from next Friday, I should be most pleased if you'd agree to a fun ice-breaking game.
Hedgeman49
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Glutamic Acid)
Hi! I have heard rumours (neither confirmed nor denied) that a particular hobby of yours is playing Scrabble; as I'll be studying at John's from next Friday, I should be most pleased if you'd agree to a fun ice-breaking game.
Mate, I've played him at Scrabble before. Here's a picture of the board afterwards:

**** got gnarly. I took the picture because I found it quite remarkable.
Glutamic Acid
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Hedgeman49)
Mate, I've played him at Scrabble before. Here's a picture of the board afterwards:

Ah, the rumour originator! Looks like a tight but interesting game; LITHE seems like an excellent play and VICTIMISING just looks cool as hell.
Echolife
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

According to my copy of the Official Scrabble Words (I have had it a while now so new words might have been added ) but 'uh' is not in there.
The Muon
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

:coma:
Hedgeman49
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Glutamic Acid)
Ah, the rumour originator! Looks like a tight but interesting game; LITHE seems like an excellent play and VICTIMISING just looks cool as hell.
He beat the **** out of me.
Totally Tom
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Simplicity)
Uni maths is bloody hard. My personal tutor suggested trying to read A book called An introduction to metamaths by Kleene but its impossible to understand.

I wonder when everything gets easy OR does it get harder?

P.S. Although, self studying is pretty hard.
P.P.S. Anyway, my social life has crashed back down to zero. As I have came to the conclusion that its pointless(I have also came to the conclusion that music is pointless and generally if its not abstract then its pointless). Also, its pretty boring getting drunk and talking to people. Reading a maths book is a bit better.
P.P.P.S. I seem to be in the library all the time.
P.P.P.P.S. Although, I do still plan to join a martial arts club.
pfft. don't waste your first year working.
Glutamic Acid
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Echolife)
According to my copy of the Official Scrabble Words (I have had it a while now so new words might have been added ) but 'uh' is not in there.
It's in my international edition, but asterisked as it comes from OTCWL - a North American word list.
Sgrafitti
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
UH is certainly in there.
Sgrafitti
Report 9 years ago
And it seems that both blanks have been used rather poorly.
Oh I Really Don't Care
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Sgrafitti)
And it seems that both blanks have been used rather poorly.
Closer inspection reveals they enabled potential triple word scores depending on previous plays.
Sgrafitti
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by DeanK22)
Closer inspection reveals they enabled potential triple word scores depending on previous plays.
Unless "ictimising" is a word, I'd have to say you're wrong.

Oh and tigers on a triple word isn't gonna give you more than 25 - hardly worth using a blank for.

Closer inspection reveals: you fail :awesome:
Oh I Really Don't Care
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Sgrafitti)
Unless "ictimising" is a word, I'd have to say you're wrong.

Oh and tigers on a triple word isn't gonna give you more than 25 - hardly worth using a blank for.

Closer inspection reveals: you fail :awesome:
verb/victim is a word (and clearly ising would have been added on as victimising is over 9 characters in length).

Spoiler:
Show
Considering how these may have been the only options available one would rather go for a triple word score when available so the other player could not use it with potentially better words.

Closer inspections reveals you tried to play internet cocky man and shockingly couldn't even do that - you must struggle in the real world.

You amuse me greatly
The Muon
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I didn't know scrabble was so serious

And dean? You best be in preston tomorow :cheers:
Sgrafitti
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by DeanK22)
You amuse me greatly
That's good to know.
Gaara.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hittign uni tomorrow
hopefully my timetable isn't so much of a female dog.
Oh I Really Don't Care
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by The Muon)
I didn't know scrabble was so serious

And dean? You best be in preston tomorow :cheers:
Preston tommorowis on the agenda I guess :p:
henryt
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Oh wow, I do Maths. I can post in here.

But I have nothing to say.

Sob.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (551)
37.84%
No - but I will (114)
7.83%
No - I don't want to (102)
7.01%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (689)
47.32%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed