Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathperson)
    thanks, silly mistake.
    The rest of your text is invalid.
    thank you
    Not really. He made a perfectly valid argument, you on the other hand are a waste of air.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diaz89)
    Not really. He made a perfectly valid argument, you on the other hand are a waste of air.
    oh hai :pee: (diaz89)
    Well I had an conversation with two muslims the other day who were saying that islam doesn't treat women as second class citizens, they demanded proof that it does and had alot to say about the matter. I gave them 4/5 quotations including verse numbers and page numbers. I then demanded quotations proving their point. They danced around the subject a bit and tried to change the subject (as usual) but never did give me the quotations :rolleyes: (muslims are good at giving the mouth, but when the tables turn they climb back into their hole rather rapidly (cough diaz89 cough)).

OH and I have been meaning to ask you, out of curiousity, why were you banned recently?

ReputationRep:
    Well I had an conversation with two muslims the other day who were saying that islam doesn't treat women as second class citizens, they demanded proof that it does and had alot to say about the matter. I gave them 4/5 quotations including verse numbers and page numbers. I then demanded quotations proving their point. They danced around the subject a bit and tried to change the subject (as usual) but never did give me the quotations :rolleyes: (muslims are good at giving the mouth, but when the tables turn they climb back into their hole rather rapidly (cough diaz89 cough)).

OH and I have been meaning to ask you, out of curiousity, why were you banned recently?
    The contents of religious texts often contradict each other. There is much heterogeneity in the attitude of Islam (in the form of the contents of the Qur'an) towards women and 'non-believers/infidels/kafirs'.

I told you earlier that the contents of a holy text written over 1500 years ago cannot be extrapolatd to the collective behaviours of all adherents of that religion today. It is perfectly fine to criticize the 'holy text' itself.

The HOLY BOOK may advocate what constitutes oppression of women (as do the Bible and the Tora in some cases). However, a Muslim (or anyone for that matter) living in the UK (and therefore under the authority of British secular common law) may not openly advocate laws that 'oppress' women as this would violate anti-discrimination laws supporting gender equality.

Of course, it is acceptable for these individuals (be they Islamic or not) to BELIEVE that women may be second-class citizens since we do not have thought crimes in this country. For them to TREAT women as unequal to men in say, housing priority, employment, divorce tribunals etc. would constitute violation of equal opportunities legislation, rendering them liable to prosecution.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by effofex)
    The contents of religious texts often contradict each other. There is much heterogeneity in the attitude of Islam (in the form of the contents of the Qur'an) towards women and 'non-believers/infidels/kafirs'.

I told you earlier that the contents of a holy text written over 1500 years ago cannot be extrapolatd to the collective behaviours of all adherents of that religion today. It is perfectly fine to criticize the 'holy text' itself.

The HOLY BOOK may advocate what constitutes oppression of women (as do the Bible and the Tora in some cases). However, a Muslim (or anyone for that matter) living in the UK (and therefore under the authority of British secular common law) may not openly advocate laws that 'oppress' women as this would violate anti-discrimination laws supporting gender equality.

Of course, it is acceptable for these individuals (be they Islamic or not) to BELIEVE that women may be second-class citizens since we do not have thought crimes in this country. For them to TREAT women as unequal to men in say, housing priority, employment, divorce tribunals etc. would constitute violation of equal opportunities legislation, rendering them liable to prosecution.
    This is as close to "streight from the horses mouth" as we have came yet.

No it is not acceptable, and completely illogical. Women have as much right as men, not just legally but morally (thought etc).
    I may even quote you and put it as my sig', thankyou.

ReputationRep:
    This is as close to "streight from the horses mouth" as we have came yet.

No it is not acceptable, and completely illogical. Women have as much right as men, not just legally but morally (thought etc).
    I may even quote you and put it as my sig', thankyou.
    What do you mean by 'straight from the horses mouth' in this instance. I'm an atheist (not a Muslim/Christian/Jew/Hindu etc.). I personally do not believe that women are or should be treated as 'second-class citizens' but would have the RIGHT to believe this in the UK. We cannot monitor 'thought crimes'. We also have the right to change how people think. Hence why we have electioneering. Every openly stated argument/conviction is of course open to scrutiny and criticism.

People in the UK also have the RIGHT to hold racist/sexist/homophobic views, but not necessarily the right to AIR THEM PUBLICLY. How do you propose that we prevent people from HOLDING such views? As I said, we cannot monitor thought crime, or even what is said in one's own home.

ReputationRep:
    my sig hasn't changed yet

ReputationRep:
    Maybe because your point has been refuted so many times, its useless to even enlighten you otherwise. Besides, if Islam/Muslim men are the real oppressors of women why is it that more women convert to Islam than men? And I thought you wanted to go in your hole...several times now :awesome: what happened to that?

ReputationRep:
    my sig hasn't changed yet
    The majority of people in the UK probably find the tenure of racist/sexist/homophobic views or belief that 'x/y/z' group are or should be 'second class citizens', unacceptable and completely illogical.

However, how do you prevent people from holding such views? You can legislate against them if they are to openly air those views (which may classify as 'hate speech') but as far as I am aware it impossible to ensure that individuals do not HOLD such prejudices. If they do not act on those prejudices (and thereby break the law) then presumably their views do not impact on the rights of others.

Do you accept the right of those individuals to HOLD their views? If not, why not? And how do you propose to ENSURE that their views are changed?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe because your point has been refuted so many times, its useless to even enlighten you otherwise. Besides, if Islam/Muslim men are the real oppressors of women why is it that more women convert to Islam than men? And I thought you wanted to go in your hole...several times now :awesome: what happened to that?
    Bold: I'm sorry?

well my questions havn't been answered (SHOCK!), otherwise if they had I wouldn't need to keep asking them, but its useless so I won't anymore and I'll keep the opinion of islam/muslims I currently have, as a result.
    OH and you'll love this, I have muslims in my family, thats how I know this stuff I'm saying. Well I had muslims in my family but they are not now because even they begun to see that islam is simply not a religion (complicated situation there).

ReputationRep:
    Bold: I'm sorry?
    As with all Nazis, they should follow their leader......

well my questions havn't been answered (SHOCK!), otherwise if they had I wouldn't need to keep asking them, but its useless so I won't anymore and I'll keep the opinion of islam/muslims I currently have, as a result.
    It's been answered here.
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...83&postcount=3

And I couldn't care less what perception you have of anyone. A person who praised hitler and had a Swastika in their avatar is no more than a cockroach to me.

OH and you'll love this, I have muslims in my family, thats how I know this stuff I'm saying. Well I had muslims in my family but they are not now because even they begun to see that islam is simply not a religion (complicated situation there).
    :lies:

ReputationRep:
    As with all Nazis, they should follow their leader......

It's been answered here.
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...83&postcount=3

And I couldn't care less what perception you have of anyone. A person who praised hitler and had a Swastika in their avatar is no more than a cockroach to me.

:lies:
    Thanks for the link, I shall read it tomorrow and get back to you, however I must get some shuteye.

Members of a 'religion' that punishes women who have been raped are no more than a cockroach to me.

I promise not lies.

Anyway, as for my question why were you banned, you have 2 mins to answer before I go to bed, lets see if a muslim can manage to answer a question...

ReputationRep:
    Just as I thought, good at giving it the mouth but when the tables turn, you climb right back into your holes don't you

ReputationRep:
    I love all the "I don't see what the problem is?" brigade. The "Look at me! Just look how impossibily UNRACIST I am because I'm white and I don't care if white people are a minority in England. THAT is how UNRACIST I am! You could never out-unracist me."

This country is going to hell. It's doomed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Time Tourist)
    I love all the "I don't see what the problem is?" brigade. The "Look at me! Just look how impossibily UNRACIST I am because I'm white and I don't care if white people are a minority in England. THAT is how UNRACIST I am! You could never out-unracist me."

It could just be people don't care because they don't go to Birmingham schools. There are barely any ethnics where I am. I care as little about this as the flood of migrants to the south coast of Spain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quady)
    It could just be people don't care because they don't go to Birmingham schools. There are barely any ethnics where I am. I care as little about this as the flood of migrants to the south coast of Spain.
    Well there have been people killed in terrorist attacks where the person who blew themselves up has been living in this country for years, supported by you and me.

I think people are starting to wake up to these sort of problems, though people sometimes still think it has 'nothing to do with them', like it is in some way 'too far away to bother with', give it time and it won't be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Time Tourist)

No, your version of this country is going to hell. Your ideal Britain is doomed, and i say bring it on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good Apollo)
    Wait, so now that white brummies are in the minority, do they get to benefit from new positive discrimination actions, in order to help them out? Or is "minority" only a buzzword to attract sympathy when the "minority" are non-white?
    Noo, the government will only consider you worthy of false support if you're brown or have a vagina.
    If you're brown AND have a vagina you're pretty much set :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infernalcradle)
    you are just a BNP loving, EDL crooning douchebag....does the colour of a persons skin really matter that much? Is there any difference between a white man, asian man, black man, does one not have certain features, or lacks in certain areas...NO both are humans and skin colour is a mere variation, I don't see why it should matter if there are more ethnics than whites, they will contribute the same and do the jobs the same
    EDL are in no way connected to any political party. Please watch this and then tell me that we are racist and violent.

http://www.edlmedia.com/

We are a working class movement, we are the forgotten in this country, left to rot by the cotton wool wrapped middle classes.

Arthur.

ReputationRep:
    i think the bigger issue is overcrowding

ReputationRep:
    WHeyyyyyyyyyy

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.