For those on Access this year Watch

jojospacemunky
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by tea&chocolate)
Sorry if this is in the wrong place, just joine because i'm just about to finish my access course and the teachers on it are very vague about when we hear about passing.
So i was just wondering if there's a srtict date of getting our results?
We have to hand in our folders on Tuesday, i know this probably differs around the country. But is there a long wait to hear? x

i will know officially after the 8th July when the moderators have checked the selected folders they check But i'm on provisional results at minute
tea&chocolate
Report 8 years ago
thank you
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Assuming my interveiw goes well, does anybody know where i can get the AQA past papers for Access Business and IT.
jojospacemunky
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
Assuming my interveiw goes well, does anybody know where i can get the AQA past papers for Access Business and IT.
exam papers change all the time so you probably wont get any papers that are the same for you as each college delivers different modules and usually the exam questions are sent to moderators before approval and then you don't see them till the exam day
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Just wondering, i am going to do the Business and IT course, but would i be able to add a Politics unit on top of that, or would i have to take the whole Humanities Unit?
jojospacemunky
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Just wondering, i am going to do the Business and IT course, but would i be able to add a Politics unit on top of that, or would i have to take the whole Humanities Unit?
Politics isn't in the Business and IT pathway on the Access course so if wanted to do Politics you would need to take up the Humanities pathways -- i would discuss your options with your college when you go for interview, i did Media with my Business and IT pathway as i started on the Humanities pathway which included the Media modules id started but changed what i wanted to do at University within the first 3 weeks so i switched pathways...
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by jojospacemunky)
Politics isn't in the Business and IT pathway on the Access course so if wanted to do Politics you would need to take up the Humanities pathways -- i would discuss your options with your college when you go for interview, i did Media with my Business and IT pathway as i started on the Humanities pathway which included the Media modules id started but changed what i wanted to do at University within the first 3 weeks so i switched pathways...
Thats essentially what i would like to do, the entire Business and IT pathway, with just the Politics module as an add-on, mainly because i wish to do a Financial Economics undergraduate degree, but a Politics and Economics Masters.
MikeyS
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I've just finished the Business & IT access course, and have some good offers from many top universities; my firm choice is BSc Economics @ Loughborough Uni.

A friend on the course has firmed financial economics, and another is doing economics & politics at sussex. So you will be fine without doing a politics module.

Thats essentially what i would like to do, the entire Business and IT pathway, with just the Politics module as an add-on, mainly because i wish to do a Financial Economics undergraduate degree, but a Politics and Economics Masters.
Sir_Vile_Minds
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Almost managed to get rid of my portfolio today but unsuccessful, gotta give it in on Thursday. Got given back 3 histories which passed, 3 English all but one passed and improving own performance all passed. Gotta write a bibliography for research project and complete my project diary then gotta do a little bit on my last English for my pedantic tutor/English teacher. Find out about study skills on Thurs.
kiss_me_now9
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Finishing up the 12 credit research project for submission tomorrow, then one essay in Psych to be set tomorrow, then just two literature essays and I'm DONE!
sjholland87
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
This is just great!

Just found out I have to hand in all 3 pieces of work for one subject for moderation. Fair enough that but I have no work on one of the assignments due to my laptop going down over the weekend which the tutor knew. So now I have to sit and wait for an email, which will tell me to go in and talk about it, before I can get anymore work done. As if I don't have enough to do I don't want to have another thing thrown on top of me at such short notice...
Jiyeon
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Just found out I've passed my access course tonight Had a wine and cheese thing, looked at peoples work and got my results. The examiner officially looks at it all tomorrow but I don't have anything to worry about! Just need to forward my results to the uni and I'm set
farm_vet
Report 8 years ago
what % of the access course is by exam please?

well done Jiyeon!!
jojospacemunky
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by farm_vet)
what % of the access course is by exam please?

well done Jiyeon!!
that is irrevelant really as you have to pass the coursework and the exam to achieve the credits and the module ... fail one or other or both and you dont get the credits
farm_vet
Report 8 years ago
actually no it is not irrelevant, my chosen uni requests at least 40% done at exams, and i'm finding it difficult to find out whether 40% of grade via exams is viable.
Jiyeon
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm not really sure, my access is an art and design course so we didn't really have exams. We mainly had essay's and practical work which I got mostly Merits in my Uni required just a pass so I'm extremely pleased!
Psylencia
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Jiyeon)
I'm not really sure, my access is an art and design course so we didn't really have exams. We mainly had essay's and practical work which I got mostly Merits in my Uni required just a pass so I'm extremely pleased!

Congratulations!

Just finished my Art and design access. seemed to end up with Distinctions for the stuff i didnt work on, passes for the stuff i did work on and merits for everything that fell into the '****-it that'll do' section...
sjholland87
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Well, at 03:48 I have finished all my outstanding assignments
:woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo:
Sir_Vile_Minds
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Everything's done and I'm predicted a pass. Got rid of my work and study skills yesterday and then got drunk with class mates and teachers. I now access the Access hangover.
kiss_me_now9
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I failed my poetry module. I only have 57 credits now. And they won't accept any more work.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (179)
80.27%
Leave (44)
19.73%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed