Edexcel chemistry 1 Watch

jskapur
Badges: 0
Report 8 years ago
i know this has been asked like 50 times. But if anyone has the paper. Can you please upload it for us.
Thanks
Aerox217
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Itachi8)
is n2 and o2- isolectric or something like that
Na+ and 02- Yeah they are... I guessed and said this one was false.. FAIL
Pisstake is that as a joke before the exam, someone said anyone know what isoelectronic is and we were all like lolshup dont need to know that.
Epic_Fail
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by my_username_rocks)
on the electrophilic addition one with HBr you didn't have to write electrophilic addition did you?? it was just a drawing one??
well i just drew it since they'd given us a huge white space!
Itachi8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
was it d about that LiI
shadow12345
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Upload The Paper Please Some 1
Sade67
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I wrote for the graph question that..

The biggest peak was the noble gas = least reactive (C)
Then the group 3 element = 3 elements after highest peak (D)
The 5p electrons was the element just before the noble gas (B) since its a halogen in period 2
Dont remember what A was

The question after was that was Ca2+

The identifying the alkene was Z-pent-2ene or something.

For organic question I put. Hydrogen and Platinum at RTP, 1,2-dibromoethane.

Then I did purple to brown, cuz off stupid George Facer

I also got 4000ppm. Drew the electrophilic addition of hydrogen bromide with ethene.

For the risk question, I was sooo screwed I didnt know what to say so I wrote. One point about fume cupboard, so hopefully ill get 2 marks

And the last question about the other 2 factors, I said somethin about how Polystrene is non-biodegradable and that paper cups can be recycled.

For the entalphy one, I think I didnt times by two for the first one, so my 2nd one was bigger .. But for two mistakes I wrote heat loss and incomplete combustion.

Cracking I wrote when long chain alkanes get broken down into a lot of smaller chained alkanes. Just wrote Oil before that .

Also the polymer question was c-c-c-c. the two c2h6groups and the rest with h.

Thats all I remember on top of my head, just remind me off the other question, see if I can help .
Epic_Fail
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Aerox217)
Pisstake is that as a joke before the exam, someone said anyone know what isoelectronic is and we were all like lolshup dont need to know that.
LOLLL my mates did that to me about the potassium manganateee i ws tryna explain to one of them it goes from purple to colourless nd the rest wer like THEY WOULDNT ASK YOU THAT!...nd wadyu no they did:P
my_username_rocks
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Epic_Fail)
well i just drew it since they'd given us a huge white space!
haha sameee, love a bit of drawing. but our invigilator seemed to hang around staring at my drawing as if it was some masterpiece,, i was like,, go away please?
Itachi8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by johnnym15)
I think it was the answer above that. something like a carbon-carbon double bond is double the strenghth of a single bond < that's incorrect
nah that was another question
smile30
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
was it d about that LiI
I was on that question for over 10 minutes!!! I than put A as I thought LiI was not covalant but it was a complete guess
Aerox217
Report 8 years ago
was it d about that LiI
D or A(whichever one was slightly covalent), I put D because Li has higher charge density than like Na. But now I think of it, its only a 1+ ion, so wouldnt be able to polarise that much so its probably A. But come onnn, Iodine is friggin hyyuggge compared to Lithium.
Epic_Fail
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by my_username_rocks)
haha sameee, love a bit of drawing. but our invigilator seemed to hang around staring at my drawing as if it was some masterpiece,, i was like,, go away please?
omg don't u jsut hate it when they come and look over ur shoulder it's like the no looking at other peoples test papers should apply to you too!

its well intimidating
johnnym15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
LOLLL my mates did that to me about the potassium manganateee i ws tryna explain to one of them it goes from purple to colourless nd the rest wer like THEY WOULDNT ASK YOU THAT!...nd wadyu no they did:P
isn't it purple to pale pink? (maybe i'm bein picky lol :P)
Itachi8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Sade67)
I wrote for the graph question that..

The biggest peak was the noble gas = least reactive (C)
Then the group 3 element = 3 elements after highest peak (D)
The 5p electrons was the element just before the noble gas (B) since its a halogen in period 2
Dont remember what A was

The question after was that was Ca2+

The identifying the alkene was Z-pent-2ene or something.

For organic question I put. Hydrogen and Platinum at RTP, 1,2-dibromoethane.

Then I did purple to brown, cuz off stupid George Facer

I also got 4000ppm. Drew the electrophilic addition of hydrogen bromide with ethene.

For the risk question, I was sooo screwed I didnt know what to say so I wrote. One point about fume cupboard, so hopefully ill get 2 marks

And the last question about the other 2 factors, I said somethin about how Polystrene is non-biodegradable and that paper cups can be recycled.

For the entalphy one, I think I didnt times by two for the first one, so my 2nd one was bigger .. But for two mistakes I wrote heat loss and incomplete combustion.

Cracking I wrote when long chain alkanes get broken down into a lot of smaller chained alkanes. Just wrote Oil before that .

Also the polymer question was c-c-c-c. the two c2h6groups and the rest with h.

Thats all I remember on top of my head, just remind me off the other question, see if I can help .
u know ratio question question wat did u get and the first question for displacement
eparadigm
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Ive gone from feeling like a guaranteed A to a B-ish now ¬_¬
How many marks were the Hess cycle questions worth?
Tzarchasm
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I think they'll accept Purple to colourless and Purple to pale pink.
Epic_Fail
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
lool i think that would probably depend on the book but the effect is still the same, i think the main thing is showing that it goes from purple to a lighter shade
johnnym15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
u know ratio question question wat did u get and the first question for displacement
wasn't it CuSO4 to MgSO4
Freshman123
Report 8 years ago
Where it asked for the displayed formula, if you put the structural formula is it ok?
my_username_rocks
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Epic_Fail)
omg don't u jsut hate it when they come and look over ur shoulder it's like the no looking at other peoples test papers should apply to you too!

its well intimidating
haha yeaahhh, couldn't really blame him for wanting to look at my beautiful drawing though. hahaha :L

and tell me about george facer and the stupid potassium manganate,, that book needs an update! lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Derby
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evening - Derby Campus Postgraduate
    Tue, 22 Jan '19
  • University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1608)
79.13%
Leave (424)
20.87%

Watched Threads