Turn on thread page Beta

Walking around in my own house - am I unreasonable here? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    the question is: why on earth do you have a cuppa at 0430 and when did this bizarre routine start?

oh and no you're not being unreasonable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ily_em)
    Haha! She must have been a really awful house guest. Did she do anything else annoying?
    She was just a dreadful person to be around in general. She comes in and acts like she owns the place, has no respect for how things work or your property. She would never think to do anything to help; for example, if you were cooking and serving up, it wouldn't occur to her to pour water into the glasses on the table, even though she knows you need drinks and knows where the water is. No, she'd just sit down and wait for you to do everything.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by TheSownRose)
    She was just a dreadful person to be around in general. She comes in and acts like she owns the place, has no respect for how things work or your property. She would never think to do anything to help; for example, if you were cooking and serving up, it wouldn't occur to her to pour water into the glasses on the table, even though she knows you need drinks and knows where the water is. No, she'd just sit down and wait for you to do everything.
    It wouldn't occur to me to pour water into glasses! We just don't do it like that at my house.

I would ask if you needed any help and do it if you told me, but then again it's possible she did ask and you didn't hear if you were busy cooking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    It wouldn't occur to me to pour water into glasses! We just don't do it like that at my house.

I would ask if you needed any help and do it if you told me, but then again it's possible she did ask and you didn't hear if you were busy cooking.
    But she's watched me do it every day for the past week, she knows it gets done. And no, she sat watching TV upstairs whilst I cooked, and came down when the bell rang.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah... Therein lies the problem.
    The problem being that you have an erectile dysfunction?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexdurrant7)
    The problem being that you have an erectile dysfunction?
    The problem being that I'm female!

ReputationRep:
    The problem being that I'm female!
    Psh, that's hardly an excuse. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    You didn't do anything wrong. And though it was her fault, it is understandable that she would be cranky at 4:30am and feel like blaming you.

ReputationRep:
    That daily routine is quite offensive *shudders*

But it is your own home so kick her out!

ReputationRep:
    Wow you've prepared her with everything!

You'd make an awesome roommate!

Can I live with you? lol I'd get up at 0430 and have tea with you :P

ReputationRep:
    Be loud and annoy her by purpose if she complains kick her out

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else come into this thread thinking it was about walking around naked in your own home?

ReputationRep:
    Nineteen. Why?

19 ? !!! and u can wake up at 4:30 ??? okay ... ur life . ur way .
    getting back to the problem and the solutions ... : try making her some tea too ? or just tell her to get used to it ... from the way u explained , it doesn't look like you could be making that much sound ...

ReputationRep:
    How did she break your favourite glass?

ReputationRep:
    i am a hitman, would you like to hire me?

ReputationRep:
    Are you in the ******* army or something?

ReputationRep:
    Did she break the glass later on in the day or that morning? How did you tell her to move out?

I'm just pissed off at her indirectly so I'd like to know all the satisfying details of her being kicked out

ReputationRep:
    Ask her if she likes walking.
    If she says yes, tell her to take a ******* hike!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexdurrant7)
    How did she break your favourite glass?
    (Original post by lazyswot)
    Did she break the glass later on in the day or that morning? How did you tell her to move out?

I'm just pissed off at her indirectly so I'd like to know all the satisfying details of her being kicked out
    It was just before 1730, and she broke it by dropping it onto my stone floor. I'm not unfair, people have accidents and drop things, only to be expected; as she pointed out, my young cousin broke a glass and I wasn't even angry. However, the difference is I gave her that glass to drink from, whereas I'd specifically told this bothersome relative to not touch this glass, which she just ignored before proceeding to break it. :mad:

After I heard the crash and came to see what happened, we had a brief argument in which she tried to blame my glass because it was slippery (:rolleyes:), at which point I told her she was to be packed and out of my house by 1800.

"What if I've not packed all of my clothes by then?"
    "Then you're still leaving by 1800."
    "Where am I going to stay, you (choice expletive words)!?"
    "There's hotels and B&Bs in Cambridge, it's not like I'm kicking you to the street."

(Original post by coolmushroom)
    Are you in the ******* army or something?
    No, why?

ReputationRep:
    You wake up early and you say the time in the format the army use like 1400 hours.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.