Guy put on sex offenders list because girl lied about her age Watch

marcusfox
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by amobe)

Sad about the guy. However he'll probably find employers sympathetic to his story.
Nope. CRB comes through - "Statutory rape of a person aged under 13".

Straight in the bin.
cowsgoquack
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Idiot-Finder)
If someones lies though.. if you don't ask then fair enough, but if you ask and someone lies that should not be your fault.
depends if that constitutes to a reasonable 'check' i guess

if I went up to a 7 year old in primary school and said are you 16 and they said yes - im not sure I would have a good argument for giving them a going-over.
Idiot-Finder
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by cowsgoquack)
depends if that constitutes to a reasonable 'check' i guess

if I went up to a 7 year old in primary school and said are you 16 and they said yes - im not sure I would have a good argument for giving them a going-over.
I think thats a lot different. I am sometimes amazed at how old some young girls look now with the amount of make up and rather little clothing they can wear.

Without seeing a pic of this girl it's hard to judge.

If I go up to armed police saying I have a bomb and start running, I fully expect to get shot.
marcusfox
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
old enough for a free bus pass to use as id.

:tumble:

no but really, old enough for them to be some kind of freak of biology/cosmetic surgery to be younger than 15...
Simple yes would have been enough.
cowsgoquack
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I think thats a lot different. I am sometimes amazed at how old some young girls look now with the amount of make up and rather little clothing they can wear.

Without seeing a pic of this girl it's hard to judge.
Of course, but with that in mind, you must therefore think - these girls could be young! uh oh!
Idiot-Finder
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Of course, but with that in mind, you must therefore think - these girls could be young! uh oh!
And thats why you ask.

If someone lies thats there own choice. If I lied to armed police and said I had a bomb when I did not, and as a result ended up being shot, whos fault is that?
amobe
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by marcusfox)
Nope. CRB comes through - "Statutory rape of a person aged under 13".

Straight in the bin.
Really? Can't he add a newspaper clip to his CV or something? Or are records checked prior to anything else?
cowsgoquack
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
If someone lies thats there own choice. If I lied to armed police and said I had a bomb when I did not, and as a result ended up being shot, whos fault is that?
Would police shoot somone with a bomb? What if it went off?

But anyway, if you were a 12 year old kid, with no other evidence of you having a bomb, then that shouldnt be reasonable grounds to shoot, and in any case it would be the polices fault that you were shot.
Shuvel
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I was under the impression if you had a reasonable belief that the girl is over 16 then they wouldn't pursue a case? I thought it was pretty unusual, even the judge is sympathetic, doesn't really come under 'in the public interest' for the CPS.
Parents of the girl probably pressed it a lot or something..poor guy.
Idiot-Finder
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Would police shoot somone with a bomb? What if it went off?
Jean Charles de Menezes is one example.

A bomb will generally not go off from shooting them because they need a trigger or for two of the chemicals to mix to set off, and either way, I presume in such a serious situation, they aim for your head, where there would generally be nothing connected to the bomb.

My point still stands, that would be 100% my own fault for saying I had a bomb when I did not.
cowsgoquack
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

A bomb will generally not go off from shooting them because they need a trigger or for two of the chemicals to mix to set off, and either way, I presume in such a serious situation, they aim for your head, where there would generally be nothing connected to the bomb.

My point still stands, that would be 100% my own fault for saying I had a bomb when I did not.
I thought that was like police overacting and that it wasnt his fault he was shot :/
Idiot-Finder
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I thought that was like police overacting and that it wasnt his fault he was shot :/
You asked if they would shoot someone with a bomb.

I showed you an example of when they shot someone they thought had a bomb.
marcusfox
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by amobe)
Really? Can't he add a newspaper clip to his CV or something? Or are records checked prior to anything else?
If you start sending newspaper clips with your CV they will think you are a nutter.

CRBs are not done at the initial application stage, but they do CRBs for a reason, and as anyone can say "innocent mistake guv" when it's there in the cold, precise language of a criminal clearance, they won't even want to know.

Particularly when there are a number of alternative applicants who have clean CRBs.

If you think otherwise, here's a challenge. Find an article where a guy (or girl) has gotten a job that requires an enhanced CRB disclosure and which came back with anything even remotely "rapey" on it.

I know people who have been denied jobs in teaching because - even though they declared it - they had a dishonesty (shoplifting at 15, accepted caution) conviction that came back on the CRB.
cowsgoquack
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You asked if they would shoot someone with a bomb.

I showed you an example of when they shot someone they thought had a bomb.
Why, did he tell them he did? :eek: I think it depends

like if I went up to a policeman and said 'ive got a bomb!' i would think it a bit harsh if he pulled his gun out and shot me!
Idiot-Finder
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Why, did he tell them he did? :eek: I think it depends

like if I went up to a policeman and said 'ive got a bomb!' i would think it a bit harsh if he pulled his gun out and shot me!
As the plane finished boarding and all 114 passengers were seated,[1] Alpizar was heard having an argument with his wife.[2] He stood up from his seat saying "I have to get off the plane"[2] and ran for the door which the flight crew had yet to close. His wife, chasing after him yelling "He's sick", was followed by an undercover air marshal. According to James E. Bauer, two air marshals confronted Alpizar near the cockpit when Alpizar "uttered threatening words that included a sentence to the effect that he had a bomb." Homeland Security spokesperson Brian Doyle later claimed that Alpizar "threatened that he had a bomb in his backpack" and "made a move toward the backpack."[3] Ignoring requests to stop, Alpizar continued to exit the plane and was soon confronted in the jetway, just outside the aircraft. After being ordered to the ground, Alpizar allegedly did not comply, instead reaching for the bag he had been carrying. The two air marshals pulled out their .357 SIG Sauer pistols, and opened fire, killing Alpizar. Conflicting reports put the number of shots between three and nine.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rigoberto_Alpizar
marcusfox
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

Dead man's trigger where the circuit activates when you take your finger off the button. Similar to burglar alarms that trigger when the magnetic door/window circuit is broken.
Idiot-Finder
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Dead man's trigger where the circuit activates when you take your finger off the button. Similar to burglar alarms that trigger when the magnetic door/window circuit is broken.
Something you see in films, your average terrorist will not have them, but anyway this is off topic.
marcusfox
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
That's a good bit more than just saying "I've got a bomb" though.
cowsgoquack
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
so hes acting strangely
hes on a plane
he has abackpack
they think he says he has a bomb

err thats not just saying 'ive got a bomb '

also: thanks for making my time at work fly-by
Idiot-Finder
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
That's a good bit more than just saying "I've got a bomb" though.
The point is, everything he did was not true, he still got shot, and it was totally his fault.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (22)
41.51%
Pro-humanity (31)
58.49%

Watched Threads