Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

2011 Graduate Entry Medicine Applicants - Interviews, Offers etc. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Let me know how the interview goes as I have mine on the 24th if you don't mind!

ReputationRep:
    For birmingham!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dremily)
    Hey,

congrats on Barts interview! I'm waiting to hear too but i'm away from home!! Can I ask did you just recieve a letter or email and letter?

And do you know if it changes your UCAS track status, Imperial rejected me and it showed up straight away as unsuccessful, and I checked Barts is still blank so maybe thats a good sign, or does yours say interview??!

I have an interview for Birmingham GEP on Monday 17th.

Good luck all!
    I applied last year and am a current student at Barts but if I remember correctly I received both an email and letter (I know I definitely got an email!).
    Your UCAS status will only change if they reject you or after interview if they want to offer you a conditional or unconditional offer. Being blank just means no decisions have been made yet, it won't change to interview.
    Good luck for your Birmingham interview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fafthelibrarian)
    I applied last year and am a current student at Barts but if I remember correctly I received both an email and letter (I know I definitely got an email!).
    Your UCAS status will only change if they reject you or after interview if they want to offer you a conditional or unconditional offer. Being blank just means no decisions have been made yet, it won't change to interview.
    Thanks for the info...
    I guess that means I haven't been rejected then?? But why don't I have an interview?! weird.

Fingers crossed for Birmingham

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medicine2011)
    For birmingham!
    Will do

My friend applied last year and said it was really short, as in unnervingly short...so hopefully no difficult ethics questions!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know about the format of the liverpool grad entry interview?

I know the basics from the letter they sent me and online sources but hoping for better insight..

Thanks

Rob

ReputationRep:
    Heya I'm new on this today and am starting to get a bit worried about the lack of news from some of the places. This is how it looks for me so far,

SGUL: (4 yr) Acknowledged and interview 24/1
    Swansea: (4 yr) Acknowledged but heard nothing since
    KCL (5yr): Acknowledged but heard nothing since
    BSMS (5 yr): Acknowledged but heard nothing since

Has anyone heard from Swansea at all? They said they'd send out interview invites early Jan but so far no invite or rejection. Also getting a bit worried bout kings cos i know theyve already done loads of interviews

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by he00008)
    Heya I'm new on this today and am starting to get a bit worried about the lack of news from some of the places. This is how it looks for me so far,

SGUL: (4 yr) Acknowledged and interview 24/1
    Swansea: (4 yr) Acknowledged but heard nothing since
    KCL (5yr): Acknowledged but heard nothing since
    BSMS (5 yr): Acknowledged but heard nothing since

Has anyone heard from Swansea at all? They said they'd send out interview invites early Jan but so far no invite or rejection. Also getting a bit worried bout kings cos i know theyve already done loads of interviews
    I've received an interview letter from Swansea a week ago. According to someone on NMM they're sending out interviews in batches, so don't worry too much

ReputationRep:
    Thank you that will put my mind at rest at least for a few days!

ReputationRep:
    Hey..i got an invite for 18th feb for barts..what was the selection centre like last year?? how do you prepare??

ReputationRep:
    All that worry about Swansea and I get an interview letter in the post this morning, spooky! Very relieved x

ReputationRep:
    Hiya, this is my first post! Has anyone received a rejection from Leicester yet as Ive heard nothing since they acknowledged my application ages ago, getting a bit concerned!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carr-Agger)
    Hey..i got an invite for 18th feb for barts..what was the selection centre like last year?? how do you prepare??
    Congrats! The selection centre's good, most people enjoy it more than just having an interview. You can prepare for the interview part the same as you'd prepare for any other interview but you can't prepare for the rest. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I've applied to Bham GEC and still not heard anything, and from the sounds of it many got interview letters before Christmas and they are interviewing now. Should I take it I'm a no? It was around this time last year I got rejected too. Is there any hope I can cling on to?

Thanks x

ReputationRep:
    Congrats! The selection centre's good, most people enjoy it more than just having an interview. You can prepare for the interview part the same as you'd prepare for any other interview but you can't prepare for the rest. Good luck!
    Thanks..really want to go barts!!

So i take it there is a standard interview, team work exercise which i suppose is a task and they observe how you interact with team members. Is the consultation observation anything clinical??
    Also the written parts, what were they on?

Soz for the questions but obviously I want to be prepped :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medicine2011)
    Let me know how the interview goes as I have mine on the 24th if you don't mind!
    Hello

I had my interview at Brum yesterday. It is really nothing to worry about...
    They asked me absolutely nothing about my personal statement, or about any research/science/medical knowledge.

Basically they seem to want to know that 1-you know what you're letting yourself in for, and 2-that you can have chat/are normal (i'm sure normal but nervous is also ok as long as you're not utterly cracked!)...

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I'm still feeling fairly spun from my interview at St George's last week - I have no really no idea how it went!

I'm going to be spending the next 3 weeks obsessing about it too!

ReputationRep:
    Hello

They asked me absolutely nothing about my personal statement, or about any research/science/medical knowledge.

Basically they seem to want to know that 1-you know what you're letting yourself in for, and 2-that you can have chat/are normal (i'm sure normal but nervous is also ok as long as you're not utterly cracked!)...

Good luck!
    I've got my interview there tomorrow and I've been a nervous wreck today so you have no idea how happy your post has just made me, thank you!

Did they say when they're expecting to let you know by?

ReputationRep:
    Hello

Good luck!
    Thanks for letting me know!! I will do my best. Maybe see you there in sept! Have you got any more interviews/offers??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jumpinthehurdles)
    I just got an email, worth checking your spam filter as I had that with SGUL. Good luck!

Hey,
    I am checking spam too Still nothing! Weird....I might email them tomorrow.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.