4.24%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ben Butler)
    My predictions for this weekend:

Italy v Wales - Away win
    England v France - Home win
    Scotland v Ireland - Away win

What do other people think?
    I don't think you'll get much argument with any of those here. Would take a bit of an upset for any of those to lose, IMHO.

ReputationRep:
    Italy to beat Wales :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    I am an avid Rugby watcher, have been for years now, I played a couple of times but nothing serious.

Just wondering if one is able to pass the ball forwards, without it leaving the hands? As in handing it forwards, not passing.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Great Result...it's ours to lose now.

ReputationRep:
    Bloody phew!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Seemed sort of comfortable after the Foden try

ReputationRep:
    Wilkinson controlled it well when he came on - Flood didn't have his best day today, but still played fairly well.

Still get a feeling the line out will go astray when Thompson is at hooker!

Overall really enjoyable game and GS is most definitely on, can see us beating Scotland comfortably but Ireland will be very difficult away.

Palmer was immense today.

ReputationRep:
    I was in the random sweepstake at the pub this evening, £1 entry, you randomly draw a player from the match, the winner is the person who has the player to score the last try of the game, and you win the whole £44.

I had Mike Tindall. He took that short ball off Wilkinson and was SO CLOSE to scoring right near the end.

FFS, Tindall.

ReputationRep:
    GET IN. Only just finished watching it as I was working today.

I think Deacon and Palmer are just absolutely brilliant. Corbisiero was great too, really looking forward to seeing how he evolves. I think he'll be a top prop with more experience under his belt but the 2 games he's played have been excellent.

Wales fans are seething with hatred I bet.

The grand slam is ON.

ReputationRep:
    That was a bloody brilliant match, Grandslam is Surely ours now

ReputationRep:
    I hope we crush you all in the final match and give France the competition.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewyy :))
    That was a bloody brilliant match, Grandslam is Surely ours now
    Not quite. Winners of the Six nations- likely, but the Grandslam is a possibilty, we still have to beat the Irish at Lansdowne and that is going to be a tough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hylean)
    I hope we crush you all in the final match and give France the competition.
    Crush us? Wishful thinking there, buddy. Don't you remember the Ireland vs Italy score?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drogue)
    I don't think you'll get much argument with any of those here. Would take a bit of an upset for any of those to lose, IMHO.
    On course so far! Come on Ireland today!

ReputationRep:
    Whilst I have no allegiances to either Scotland or Ireland, I would love to see the Scots pull out a win.

ReputationRep:
    Ireland is going to be our toughest match. They'll be at home and determined to take their last chance, and obviously to ruin the party for England and anyone else wanting to win. I think we can beat them though. Their performances have been very dodgy in some areas. So has ours, admittedly, but I just think we have the edge over them.
    It'll be a bloody tight game though. One to hide behind the sofa to watch!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Formerly LieDown)
    Ireland is going to be our toughest match. They'll be at home and determined to take their last chance, and obviously to ruin the party for England and anyone else wanting to win. I think we can beat them though. Their performances have been very dodgy in some areas. So has ours, admittedly, but I just think we have the edge over them.
    It'll be a bloody tight game though. One to hide behind the sofa to watch!!
    Explain? Our game has been more solid in the last few months than it has since 2003.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roobsa)
    Explain? Our game has been more solid in the last few months than it has since 2003.
    Oh we're definitely at our best since 2003 I think. It's more that we need to get into a rhythm of winning. That doesn't make sense...what I mean is this team is quite 'new' in the sense of we're still getting used to playing the game that we can now play with the players we have.

Ah. Words aren't working today!

What I'm trying to say is we need longer playing with the team we have and the players we have. It's still a relatively new phenomenon this England winning side, and I think the 'newness' of it could be our downfall if we get too overconfident.

I suppose I didn't really mean our game in the actual game side of it, more the whole England team as a whole. If you separate out our game: attacking, defending, scrums, line-outs, kicking, we're in fantastically good shape.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Formerly LieDown)
    Oh we're definitely at our best since 2003 I think. It's more that we need to get into a rhythm of winning. That doesn't make sense...what I mean is this team is quite 'new' in the sense of we're still getting used to playing the game that we can now play with the players we have.

Ah. Words aren't working today!

What I'm trying to say is we need longer playing with the team we have and the players we have. It's still a relatively new phenomenon this England winning side, and I think the 'newness' of it could be our downfall if we get too overconfident.

I suppose I didn't really mean our game in the actual game side of it, more the whole England team as a whole. If you separate out our game: attacking, defending, scrums, line-outs, kicking, we're in fantastically good shape.
    I think the only overconfidence issue will be with the fans as this success will increase expectations and what with the world cup coming up (and the win in 2003 and reaching the finals in 2007), we'll expect them to get to the semis at least. Johnson downplays a lot of our success in the media and I'm sure he does in the dressing room too to keep the younger players (like Ashton) in check.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roobsa)
    I think the only overconfidence issue will be with the fans as this success will increase expectations and what with the world cup coming up (and the win in 2003 and reaching the finals in 2007), we'll expect them to get to the semis at least. Johnson downplays a lot of our success in the media and I'm sure he does in the dressing room too to keep the younger players (like Ashton) in check.
    I'm sure he does, in fact I'm 100% sure. It's just the desire to try to win and maintain form consistently instead of just flashes of brilliance. Which I think is the way we are going, but we need a few more matches before that can be proved 100%.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.