Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Complete this statement....'I can't get a girlfriend/boyfriend because...' watch

...because although i'm that pretty girl, i'm that pretty girl who's overweight, and i'm also shy, therefore come accross as arrogant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    Actually one of the strongest couples I know shared their first kiss at the altar. It's not all about the physical stuff you know.

Also since when was it immature to stick to religious beliefs and have self control?
    Bet you they will either get a divorce 20 years down the line, or be very miserable in the future.
    Seeing it as just physical is exceptionally immature. It's about being intimate with the person you love, not just about getting it on.

It's immature to stick to religious beliefs when you don't understand the context they were made in. They are not the "rules of God" but simply what was generally appropriate for that time. Sexual abstinence before marriage was done to prevent children being born out of wedlock and therefore with no support, not for some arbitrary belief of it makes you a better person. Also sexual desire can lead to getting married at a very young age which is very risky as it usually means the people are not mature enough to know 100% what they truly want in a partner.

(Original post by SomethingWicked)
    -I'm eccentric and not exactly girlfriend material
    -I need to focus on studying rather than irrelevant short term relationships.
    - Not gf material? So you would cheat on a bf basically?
    - Only irrelevant if you pick someone you do not like...Just because you may not be together in 5 years doesn't mean it'd be a waste of time

ReputationRep:
    ...I'm short and ugly. Simple as.

ReputationRep:
    ...ugly and fat.

ReputationRep:
    I can't get a boyfriend because I'm terrified of rejection. I'm way too shy and I find it hard to let men know I'm interested. Also I prefer the quiet type, who are usually also too scared to make a move.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a level 80 mage.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Mazty)
    Bet you they will either get a divorce 20 years down the line, or be very miserable in the future.
    Seeing it as just physical is exceptionally immature. It's about being intimate with the person you love, not just about getting it on.

It's immature to stick to religious beliefs when you don't understand the context they were made in. They are not the "rules of God" but simply what was generally appropriate for that time. Sexual abstinence before marriage was done to prevent children being born out of wedlock and therefore with no support, not for some arbitrary belief of it makes you a better person. Also sexual desire can lead to getting married at a very young age which is very risky as it usually means the people are not mature enough to know 100% what they truly want in a partner.
    You can get intimacy without sex.

I do understand the context, but that doesn't mean the rules have changed at all. Nowadays it's normally for people to say OMG, but I don't because it's blaspheming. But anyway, we are getting off the topic and onto a religious debate which there are other forums for. It is the reason I don't have a boyfriend at the minute.

ReputationRep:
    lol at the OP's username.

ReputationRep:
    I can't get a girlfriend because i'm afraid of rejection and I have a tiny penis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colour Me Pretty)
    Hah. Well that's been one of the reasons before
    ''I'm just not attracted to you''.

However I think Michael Buble's song should be our anthem;
    ''I just haven't met you yet!'' :o:
    I genuinely don't think he's out there.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by lnwn)
    who is that guy in your sig?!??! :eek:
    Chris Cusiter - Scottish Rugby Player :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    Because I am a rampant sierial killer,Joke,MI5 please I..didn't *muffled screams* *gunshots in background* because I haven't tried because I couldn't be arsed with someone stifling my depravity.

ReputationRep:
    Because i get too many offers? :dontknow:

ReputationRep:

I do understand the context, but that doesn't mean the rules have changed at all. Nowadays it's normally for people to say OMG, but I don't because it's blaspheming. But anyway, we are getting off the topic and onto a religious debate which there are other forums for. It is the reason I don't have a boyfriend at the minute.
    Please tell me as something as intimate as sex which isn't of a sexual nature.

If you had studied theology instead of evangelical rhetoric, you would understand the rules have changed because they are not black and white as you think they are.

Until you open your mind instead of being a drone, swallowing the religion that most likely you had no choice in following (parents shoved it down your throat no doubt), you are going to be very, very unhappy. Go read some philosophy books and expand what you see beyond chanting the same words over & over, it'll do you a world of good.

(Original post by EskimoJo)
    I genuinely don't think he's out there.
    Unless you are looking for a guy with a chocolate **** that ejaculates money & diamonds, whatever guy you want will be out there. The question is how hard have you looked?

ReputationRep:

find one at church?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    Please tell me as something as intimate as sex which isn't of a sexual nature.

If you had studied theology instead of evangelical rhetoric, you would understand the rules have changed because they are not black and white as you think they are.

Until you open your mind instead of being a drone, swallowing the religion that most likely you had no choice in following (parents shoved it down your throat no doubt), you are going to be very, very unhappy. Go read some philosophy books and expand what you see beyond chanting the same words over & over, it'll do you a world of good.
    OR maybe just find a guy who shares the same values? church go-er etc ..
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by f1re)
    find one at church?
    That is my aim, CU always jokes about being a mini dating society

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by f1re)
    OR maybe just find a guy who shares the same values? church go-er etc ..
    Have you ever seen what happens to those couples though? Because they certainly don't end up with a happy ending skipping into the sunset under a rainbow...
    Try beating their wives (or bullying them), divorce, cheating, taking their problems out on their children and so on...
    Anyone with such an extremely juvenile view on sex isn't ready to have a relationship, simple as that.

ReputationRep:
    I can't get a boyfriend because i turned down the guys i like and now karma is hitting me, also because im shy and i am bit of a perfectionist and i kind of not like the awkward-staring-whilst-eating-moments during the dates.

I can't get a girlfriend because I never go out or hang around at places that might have a female presence. And if I do, I don't know how to talk to girls so things never go anywhere.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 12, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.