Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is one act of kindness that you recieved from a stranger? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I use to volunteer in a charity shop and was selling ribbons on a door all day and this bloke bought me a kit kat. I was paranoid when he first gave it to me thinking it might be poisioned or something but it appeared to be unopened so I ate it and it was fine.

I was in the local newspapers after being mugged twice and an old aged pensioner couple who didn't know me sent me a get well card with some money in it. Kept in touch ever since. After the first time I got mugged some strangers took me to hospital in their car even though I was covered in blood.

On graduation day at university I was on my own as I got there before my mum and brother and I had no credit on my phone to contact them. I asked an ice cream man did he know where the nearest public phone box was and he let me use his mobile.

ReputationRep:
    I remember being 6 or 7 and on my way to school with my cousin, I'd done something wrong and he was shouting at me, I made a huge fuss about him not being my mother and started crying. A man cycling past us asked if I was ok, completely ignored my cousin and addressed me, I said I was fine.

On my DofE expedition earlier this year I met a countless number of people who helped us on our way, one particular elderly couple showed us what trail to take and even offered to take us to the next check point, we declined as we didn’t want to lose any points. :lol:

A while back, on my way to school, it began to rain. When I arrived at the bus shelter there wasn’t any room for me to squeeze into, I stood there, soaking. A very kind woman stood over me with her umbrella, she just looked at me and smiled – didn’t even try to initiate conversation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cassandra_Z)
    So, I am just curious about the followin question:

What is one act of kindness a complete stranger did for you that you can never forget?

I'm not talking about opening the door for you. I want to hear things like they-saved-my-life situations, doesn't even have to be that extreme though. I also want to know why it has been something you can't forget. Thank you!
    When i was at secondary school i used to forget or lose my keys a lot and there was never anyone home before me. I knew my brothers school nurse had a spare set of keys if forgot his so i went there and even though she wasn't supoosed to give them to me she always did and i took her a box of chocolates at the end of the year to say thank you.

Also when i was about 4 i was really scared of descending escalators (i was fine going up) and refused to go on them without someone holding my hand. My mum and dad and brother went rushing off and i was left at the top screaming until a shop assistant offered to hold my hand as we went down.

ReputationRep:
    i was on the bus and i had my wallet in my pocket, little did i know that it fell out and i realised this when i was about to tap my oyster card to get to the train station.
    i was absolutely mortified that i'd lost it along with £5 and my NUS card (which i hadnt used yet).

then out of nowhere, my head of sixth form was walking towards me and i told him all about it and he borrowed my £5 to buy a ticket to board the train.
    as i was at home, i remembered that the girl who was next to me went to my school and she was in yr10 but i didnt know who she was coz i didnt see her face BUT she knew who i was from my oyster card pic and she recognised my surname and gave it to my sister the next day and my sister gave my wallet to me and nothing had be taken, obviously .

so i received an act of kindness from 2 people.
    however on the day i lost my wallet, i ordered a new oyster card, a bit daft but oh well

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-11917279

And here's a video of a random act of rather dramatic kindness in Spain.

ReputationRep:
    cant help but notice how its own pretty girls that recieve kindness, and mostly from guys looking to capitalise on the puss-a

ReputationRep:
    An old women gave me my wallet back after it fallen out my pocket, was lucky it wasn't found by some toerag in a burberry cap I guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potiron)
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-11917279

And here's a video of a random act of rather dramatic kindness in Spain.
    :eek:
    Absolutely amazing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Le Masquerador.)
    :eek:
    Absolutely amazing!
    I thought so. I'd like to think it's something that, when it came down to it, I'd do myself without even thinking. Ideally I'd never get the opportunity to find out though.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.