Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    In qatar, world cup within 60km radius- nothing bad is going to happen there is it.
    Better than the world cup being spread across pretty much the width of Asia

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sango)
    FIFA is a joke and the sooner Blatter leaves, the better. I don't why but I am actually distraught atm!
    I know right. You can't even take your kids to the world cup till your 30, right?

Right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Left Hand Drive)
    Maybe it wasnt a huge conspiracy and they actually chose russia?
    Even if they did it doesn't change the fact that they are hugely racist to their own club players and have almost no football stadiums up to scratch... their bid was weak.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolololol)
    Not would... will. :zomg:
    Aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrggggghhhhhh!!!!

I meant, like, going to the world cup in Russia would be kinda scary.

ReputationRep:
    World Cup 2002: South Korea and Japan (with a guest star appearance by farcical refereeing, who managed to get the useless hosts into semifinals)

World Cup 2010: South Africa

World Cup 2018: Russia

World Cup 2022: Qatar

Come on FIFA, if you want marketing that's fine but get it on your own time with your own money. Us real football fans would like to have a cup in a footballing country that isn't on the other side of the earth for once.

All I can say is, **** you FIFA.

ReputationRep:
    Ha! well done Qatar (haters gonna hate btw) and lol at England, run an investigation on the team you're trying to woo and then ***** and moan when you lose.

Typical

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sango)
    :eyebrow: Are you criticising me or agreeing with me?
    I was being sarcastic. Most people are raising valid points, but not you. You veer between racist outbursts of "SLAVS! SLAVS! THEY'VE GIVEN IT TO RUSSIAN SLAVS ARRGH!!?!?! :eek4: " And "[something so morbidly depressing it suggests I'm going to slit my wrists]"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tw68)
    I don't think the events of the Birmingham derby last night did our bid any favour, and I think our history of hooliganism is something which will continue to hinder us.
    The Russian government is run by the Mafia - I'm sure if the Russian media had done what our media did there would be a few journalists decomposing in Moscow's cemetries :mad: makes a few pissed Villa fans look like small fry. Russia has a history of being insular and xenophobic - unless something major changes in 8 years this world cup will be a shambles. Can you imagine a coachload of Ghanians turning up at Saransk bus terminal? :eek2:

ReputationRep:
    cant wait for somalia 2026 myself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sango)
    I know right. And let's be honest, black people are not going to want to go to Russia, nor will half of the world's population. The whole thing will be a farce!
    Exactly. Perhaps FIFA think that giving South Africa the World Cup this year is their gift to black people, and now they can just give it to a country whose football fans have shown themselves various times in the past to be racist thugs, just so they can make a few rubles.

ReputationRep:
    Beaten up in Russia
    Blown up in Qatar

ReputationRep:
    We lost at the first round?!!!:lolwut:

Now I definetely know that we've been kicked out of the competition because of that stupid Panorama episode. If they care so much about their little story, they could of done it after the decision. Like this they get to show their little story and even if we lost then, they could of showed it as a way of revenge. Like this everybody wins!!

But now they done it, we lost in the first round!!:mad:

ReputationRep:
    Can you imagine the world cup in Russia? :/

ReputationRep:
    Actually gutted! I want to work for FIFA and now.. Well. I don't speak Russia or Arabic, so goodbye World Cup!
    But, aside from that.. Are they serious?!?! Disaster looms.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexs2602)
    England, Spain, Portugal, Belgium and Netherlands all entered other than Russia, I'd make that 4 countries.
    Make that three 'bids', then, Mr Pedant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christien)
    And what's a Qatar anyway? FFS.
    An instrument. Apparently.

ReputationRep:
    So it's Brazil 2014, just have to make sure i don't wear anything worth over £5 or it will be stolen.

Russia 2018, good job i'm not black.

Qatar 2022, just have to make sure i don't drink, swear, expose my skin, draw pictures of Mohammed, forget to bring sun cream.

Congratulations on giving the World Cup to these nations Fifa. After the exhilarating world cup in South Africa these will all be good too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevin J)
    I know right. You can't even take your kids to the world cup till your 30, right?

Right?
    I can easily take them in 2018 if I wasn't so worried about being jumped but the I would have hoped that in 8 years time I would married and be able to take my child to see football being played at such a high level in his own country!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diaz89)
    Ha! well done Qatar (haters gonna hate btw) and lol at England, run an investigation on the team you're trying to woo and then ***** and moan when you lose.

Typical
    The bid team, the public and the press are separate so you can't really treat them as one. And, as I've said, most people probably prefer a free press and the associated freedoms than hosting a football tournament.

What's your take on the selective dis application of alcohol laws under certain circumstances and the prominent advertising of an alcohol brand, Budweiser being a major sponsor of the World Cup, in Qatar?

The Luzhniki Stadium it is.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.