Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

A Basic Men's Guide to Success with Women Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HistoryRepeating)
    If you love being weird and nerdy and want that in a girl then the real question ISNT "Am I too weird for this girl" but "is this girl weird enough for me?"
    If they have played Pokemon then it is a massive turn on. GG.

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I just wear my usual band t-shirt and jeans, you take yourself far too seriously. Unless we're going somewhere special, then I break out the suit. She likes me in a suit. I like me in a suit. I'd wear them all the time if I thought the novelty wouldn't wear off eventually. Also, I'd look like a tryhard.

But yes, every girl is different. Your advice is generic and you should stop rep-fishing or pretending you're some kind of cassanova that knows everything about women. I just treat them like people. It's worked 100% of the time for me. Because here's a secret, women are just people. Don't get me wrong, neck-beards are ridiculously unattractive but unless you want a medal for pointing out the obvious, this is an unnecessary thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by py0alb)
    But any subculture to which all adherents are immediately visually identifiable is "extreme", no?
    no...

he says for example, most girls aren't into long hair. What's wrong with this? If people wish to not listen to that bit of advice, fine. Surely it's obvious that this won't apply or appeal to everyone and it should be taken with a pinch of salt...

ReputationRep:
    I agree with your points. Mainstream women want a certain type of man. I do look like an idiot clean shaven though so keep a beard(I'm not shaving for a while out of personal choice), I'm fine with stubble. Basically, your advice is be like all the guys who have a girl at university i.e. clean shaven, brand new hair cut and look your best all the time. On dates wear good clothes too smart casual.

ReputationRep:
    Goths have a uniform. Metal fans do not, unless you consider band t-shirts, the occasional studded wristband and a preponderance for black to be a uniform.
    Yes, I do. Add preponderance of:
    un-trimmed beards
    ponytails
    other long hair styles
    baggy dark coloured trousers
    tattoos
    piercings

You can almost always spot people who self-identify as metalheads.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I do. Add preponderance of:
    un-trimmed beards
    ponytails
    other long hair styles
    baggy dark coloured trousers
    tattoos
    piercings

You can almost always spot people who self-identify as metalheads.
    I think we're verging into argument from ignorance territory here. You haven't spent much time in metal clubs, have you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liamb109)
    Personally, I just wear my usual band t-shirt and jeans, you take yourself far too seriously. Unless we're going somewhere special, then I break out the suit. She likes me in a suit. I like me in a suit. I'd wear them all the time if I thought the novelty wouldn't wear off eventually. Also, I'd look like a tryhard.

But yes, every girl is different. Your advice is generic and you should stop rep-fishing or pretending you're some kind of cassanova that knows everything about women. I just treat them like people. It's worked 100% of the time for me. Because here's a secret, women are just people. Don't get me wrong, neck-beards are ridiculously unattractive but unless you want a medal for pointing out the obvious, this is an unnecessary thread.
    You're right, completely unnecessary - its lucky that noone is sad and alone and everyone has zero problem finding someone.

ReputationRep:
    You're right, completely unnecessary - its lucky that noone is sad and alone and everyone has zero problem finding someone.
    While your point is noted, the only thing this will do for the sad and alone people is lead them on. There are no clear cut tips to getting all women nor is there a cheat sheet. Yet I'm sure it's one of the most commonly googled things.

ReputationRep:
    I think we're verging into argument from ignorance territory here. You haven't spent much time in metal clubs, have you?
    Funniest thing you've posted so far. Keep it up.

ReputationRep:
    Lets play "spot the metalhead"

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_kQKSH7T2mv...n_tombrady.jpg

http://cdn.indulgy.com/lA/06/Z9/1116...6PLWvMpsac.jpg

http://www.steffmetal.com/wp-content.../metalhead.jpg

ReputationRep:
    While your point is noted, the only thing this will do for the sad and alone people is lead them on. There are no clear cut tips to getting all women nor is there a cheat sheet. Yet I'm sure it's one of the most commonly googled things.
    While of course no guarantee, I'm pretty confident that following the advice given will improve the chances for most guys.

Things like "get fit" "get clean" "like yourself and therefore find it easier to be confident" are all definite factors in attractiveness for almost everyone.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, its Tom Brady, I hear he's a big fan of Killswitch Engage (who you've probably never even heard of judging by your knowledge of the metal scene).

:facepalm2:

I'm a "metalhead" (stupid phrase that no-one who likes metal uses). I listen to metal, I go to metal gigs, I was in a metal band for most of my adolescence and student years. Today I'm wearing cords and a button up shirt. I have short hair and am clean shaven.

ReputationRep:
    While of course no guarantee, I'm pretty confident that following the advice given will improve the chances for most guys.

Things like "get fit" "get clean" "like yourself and therefore find it easier to be confident" are all definite factors in attractiveness for almost everyone.
    They are. But they're also pointing out the obvious. I'm sure my girlfriend wouldn't like it if I didn't wash. But everyone knows that. The things men really need to know is how to listen, rather than read posts online about it. Women will often tell you what they want and what they like or at least hint at it. And women, being people, are not subtle when it comes to hints. I'm of course talking in a relationship here, obviously a one night stand is a different story.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.google.de/imgres?q=metal+...36&tx=65&ty=65

Look at all these metal fans at an Iron Maiden gig. Every single one of them with long hair and a stubbly beard and piercings and tattoos.

Oh wait no, turns out metal fans do not neatly fit into an historyexplained's moronic stereotype.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, its Tom Brady, I hear he's a big fan of Killswitch Engage (who you've probably never even heard of judging by your knowledge of the metal scene).

:facepalm2:

I'm a "metalhead" (stupid phrase that no-one who likes metal uses). I listen to metal, I go to metal gigs, I was in a metal band for most of my adolescence and student years. Today I'm wearing cords and a button up shirt. I have short hair and am clean shaven.
    There's an exception? OH GOD THEN EVERYTHING I BELIEVE MUST BE WRONG.

Seriously I expected a bit better from you than the usual TSR fallacies.

ReputationRep:
    I remember seeing this thread in 2010.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.google.de/imgres?q=metal+...36&tx=65&ty=65

Look at all these metal fans at an Iron Maiden gig. Every single one of them with long hair and a stubbly beard and piercings and tattoos.

Oh wait no, turns out metal fans do not neatly fit into an historyexplained's moronic stereotype.
    so butthurt!

Note all the black tshirts!

ReputationRep:
    They are. But they're also pointing out the obvious. I'm sure my girlfriend wouldn't like it if I didn't wash. But everyone knows that. The things men really need to know is how to listen, rather than read posts online about it. Women will often tell you what they want and what they like or at least hint at it. And women, being people, are not subtle when it comes to hints. I'm of course talking in a relationship here, obviously a one night stand is a different story.
    I wish these things were obvious but they aren't to everyone. Look in the health subforum - theres a thread on the first page asking if its normal to only wash your body once a week

ReputationRep:
    As a mainstream girl... i agree with all this advice it made me giggle to myself too

ReputationRep:
    Why give out this advice OP, shouldn't you be out there pulling instead of being on TSR ?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 4, 2012
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.