Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How can you tell if you're good-looking or not? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StarryEyed91)
    Good looking girl= one who is wearing makeup.
    Ugly girl= one who isn't wearing makeup.

Simples.
    Definitley do not agree. What a load of bull-****.

(Original post by Astra_K)
    Nope.

Girl wearing makeup = ugly girl creating a fake face.
    Girl not wearing makeup = natural beauty, man made products not required as there are no ugly traits to disguise.
    Also don't agree. Just as much bull-crap as the above one.

ReputationRep:
    I have never seen a girl without makeup who looks attractive. Ever.
    is it Because You're a Girl..? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Nope.

Girl not wearing makeup = natural beauty, man made products not required as there are no ugly traits to disguise.
    yeah i'd agree, its not attractive when girls slap on the makeup. Some girls look like they have dipped their head in a bucket of it. some makeup is nice but as long as its not overdone

and a good looking girl wont suddenly turn ugly because they have no make up on they are still gonna be pretty

ReputationRep:
    Objective Beauty

Female
    - Refined Jaw and Cheek bones, light face fat if any(NO, you can't remove facefat without becoming underweight).
    - Slim, 'average weight' isn't HONESTLY enough, try lower average albeit healthy (yeah, yeah big is beautiful BS is BS)
    - Light coloured eyes (google 'blue eyed' psychology)
    - Clear Skin
    - Longish hair - 5 inches+ from peek cranium circumference
    - look, eye happy, sanguine if you will.

Male
    - Somewhat tall
    - Hair, longER than traditional hair appears to be liked
    - Quite Low Body Fat, do need for muscular build per se.
    - Slim, 'average weight' isn't HONESTLY enough, try lower average albeit healthy (yeah, yeah big is beautiful BS is BS)
    - Light coloured eyes (google 'blue eyed' psychology)
    - Clear Skin
    - Phlegmatic look(yes, like a fuggin' vampire sadly)

I don't agree but l'est la vie.

ReputationRep:
    Depressing I know. But there is a beauty industry and a beauty market. The quality of being beautiful IS subjective(depending on the person). That I defined was generic model/popmusician/actor beauty is like. You aren't ugly is you don't fit them all by all means you could be very beautiful in your own right.

Would you believe I was being very generous when I wrote that?

ReputationRep:
    Look at your friends. If the hot/ugly ratio is in the "hot" favour, then you're either the token ugly person, or you're hot.

This isn't true, but hot people DO tend to hang around in groups.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by linkdapink)
    Look at your friends. If the hot/ugly ratio is in the "hot" favour, then you're either the token ugly person, or you're hot.

This isn't true, but hot people DO tend to hang around in groups.

What if when you approach people they wield a crucifix toward you?

Are they like, super jealous of how awesomely attractive you are?

That's what I tell myself :getmecoat:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilovemykitten)
    Most people are averagely 'pretty', but to be honest I probably see one truly beautiful girl once every 2-3 weeks... my standards are very high.

As for why I know I am attractive - people always tell me, and I feel good about myself. Also, I used to be a model.
    Wow aren't you lucky!? Although I'm just wondering if you need help fitting through doors, your head must be so swelled with all that awesomeness.

My opinion - most people have the potential to be pretty/attractive - whether thats with the aid or makeup or not. Different things attract different people, what I find attractive my best friend may think is not so much.

ReputationRep:
    Good looking girl= one who is wearing makeup.
    Ugly girl= one who isn't wearing makeup.

Simples.
    o...k? superficial much?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deej3005)
    This might seem like a stupid question, but I was wondering how people form their opinions of their own looks?

Is it just based on what you see in the mirror, cos it can be quite difficult to tell what appeals to the other sex?
    Is it based on the other sex's reaction to you, cos again that can be quite difficult to gauge, easily misinterpreted.
    Is it based on how much attention you get from the opposite sex, cos that again can be quite misleading, especially as girls don't exactly seem to crowd the best-looking guys for attention, they don't really seem to care at all about looks.

So how do people decide that they're fit/ugly?
    Basically yeah when I was in year 5 I had a crush on this guy...I asked him who he thought were the pretty girls in the classroom and he didn't mention my name...</3 I presumed I was butterz and got over it...but then in year 9 I musta finally hit puberty or something because I started getting compliments...after that I realised that maybe I wasn't facially challenged. But looks are very subjective-one person could think I'm pretty whereas another could think the opposite. Sounds cliche but if you have a sikk personality then you will naturally become far more attractive to everyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tw1x)
    Wow aren't you lucky!? Although I'm just wondering if you need help fitting through doors, your head must be so swelled with all that awesomeness.

My opinion - most people have the potential to be pretty/attractive - whether thats with the aid or makeup or not. Different things attract different people, what I find attractive my best friend may think is not so much.
    ahahahahahahaha ur foonay <3 and I agreeeee with you in that everyone has potential to look nice if they try. things like basic hygiene and tweezing eyebrows etc can make such a massive difference!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abc101)
    Haha "you're actually really pretty"! The 'actually' makes it so harsh! It's like when you see someone from school you've not seen in a long time, and they look at you, do a double take, and say, "Wow, you've changed!" So I was a proper ugly munter before, then?! I guess it's nice in a way though, it's like the stereotypical high school movie where the geek girl takes off her glasses and lets down her hair and is suddenly hot!

You can't massively rely on comments from your own gender, particularly with girls, as we are super-nice to each other regarding appearance anyway (well, the nice ones of us are! :p:). It's just a matter of course to return a compliment, or say how fabulous the other one looks. It almost seems rude not to say, "You look lovely!" when a girl meets another girl friend. Generally, members of the opposite sex won't bother complimenting your appearance unless they genuinely do appreciate how you look.
    Haha yea that's so true!

and the actually was really harsh... meh

ReputationRep:
    Nope.

So if a girl is naturally ugly she's not allowed to try and make herself look nice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student178)
    if you're a girl and people say you look more like your dad
    :cry:

(Original post by Liam_G)
    This. When you try to polish them they don't get shinier at all... they just gets smaller and smaller. If you're trying to improve the appearance of a turd It'd probably be better to glaze it or something, maybe with PVA glue. And a bit of Glitter wouldn't go amiss... I'm pretty sure I saw something like this on Art-Attack or something (not sure if it was a turd though).

Spoiler:
    Show
    I think I may have put too much thought into all of this.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Colour is fun :awesome:
    Thank you for that. It really opened my eyes. :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Nope.

63 likes? Seriously wtf, normally everyone disagrees with what i say...

ReputationRep:
    You could judge it by the proportion of people willing to have sexy time with you.

Or just hope for the best.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 2, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.