Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Eurovision Song Contest 2011 Society Watch

(Original post by cvas)
      Hey, I never said they were the musical geniuses however what acts in Eurovision really are? :rolleyes: You need a catchy song and a gimmicky singer or group.

I wouldn't say many of friends like them either however there is no denying that they sell out most venues to the teenie-bopers these days
      Hah, I didn't say anything about any of them being musical genius. I'm just going on what I know of Jedward and the fact they are plain annoying.

ReputationRep:
      excited already, I need to get a life -.-

ReputationRep:
      If we were holding a competition to find the most credible and taltented artist in Europe then Jedward would be no hopers....but this is Eurovision, where kitsch, camp and crazy is the name of the game. So in a bizarre way, I think Jedward are the perfect choice. And preferable to Blue...at least Jedward haven't been caught pissing on a public cash point.

ReputationRep:
      WOOO I LOVE EUROVISION! I'm so annoyed that it's on the weekend before my exams but...A LEVELS CAN WAIT!! Love it xxx

ReputationRep:
      Jedward are 2nd favourites to win overall.. so I think we can guarantee them qualifying tonight. If I'm wrong, Stray_talk, feel free to message me your home address so I can send you a large Domino's pizza of your choice.

Yes, I'm THAT SURE they'll go through. What of it. :cool:

(Original post by Sazzle4)
        If we were holding a competition to find the most credible and taltented artist in Europe then Jedward would be no hopers....but this is Eurovision, where kitsch, camp and crazy is the name of the game. So in a bizarre way, I think Jedward are the perfect choice. And preferable to Blue...at least Jedward haven't been caught pissing on a public cash point.
        Then why didn't these guys win?

Eh, I'd not want Jedward or Blue to win but like I've said, I've seen more entertaining acts and presumably ones that don't act like total n00bs a la Jedward

(Original post by Fjarskafinn)
        Jedward are 2nd favourites to win overall.. so I think we can guarantee them qualifying tonight. If I'm wrong, Stray_talk, feel free to message me your home address so I can send you a large Domino's pizza of your choice.

Yes, I'm THAT SURE they'll go through. What of it. :cool:
        Long as they don't win the entire thing, I'll be happy

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Stray_talk)
        Hah, I didn't say anything about any of them being musical genius. I'm just going on what I know of Jedward and the fact they are plain annoying.
        What you find this annoying http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58gnn...eature=related ?

ReputationRep:
        IRELAND!!!!!!!!!................ .....are ****. Whereas blue this year have quite a catchy song and are known around europe so I think we are in with a chance I just europe see's sense and doesn't vote for the worst european act of the century-jedward. Oh god I would have nightmares! Ireland will not win I promise you!

ReputationRep:
        Thats just plain creepy :|

ReputationRep:
        Serbia or Ireland to win!

(Original post by mimimimi)
          Serbia or Ireland to win!
          Serbia! So much fun in that act

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by slacker07906)
          IRELAND!!!!!!!!!................ .....are ****. Whereas blue this year have quite a catchy song and are known around europe so I think we are in with a chance I just europe see's sense and doesn't vote for the worst european act of the century-jedward. Oh god I would have nightmares! Ireland will not win I promise you!

Ireland's song is also catchy and is known around Europe. Did you forget that fact? Plenty worse than Jedward's song tbh. I'm pretty confident it will make it to the final and the top 10. Winning would be unlikely though.

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by Stray_talk)
          Serbia! So much fun in that act
          Yeah, I actually really quite like the song! I hope she does well

And as for Jedward, I quite like how much they annoy other people, and though they can't sing their song is ruddy catchy...

ReputationRep:
          If I could vote tonight I'd be voting for Bosnia & Herzegovina. I even downloaded it from Amazon.

ReputationRep:
          This song of Bosnia and Herzegovina is absolutely awesome!!!! MUST get to top 10!

ReputationRep:
          Austria... Quite boring...

I don't think Lena will win again... There are too many better songs. :P (but, well, last year there were a lot of better song too so... who knows... )

ReputationRep:
          That Belgium song was horrific

Belgium's was quite funky, not a winner thought I don't think.

ReputationRep:
            Where's all the cheese? :sad:

The songs so far have been good but where are all the dance beats and camp performances? Dana International better not fail to impress.

I want something like this:

ReputationRep:
            The song of Belgium was great! This was real music! Sadly, real music is not the thing Eurovision needs :P

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
          What newspaper do you read/prefer?
          Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
        • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
          Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.