Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

single people - do you think you will still be single this time next year? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Yeah probably!
    I'd like not to be single, but I reckon I will be. I tend to get the three-month itch and have to move on unfortunately!
    Not sure where I'll be either, hopefully still in Scotland but you never know!

ReputationRep:
    It is annoying when I get some friends telling you to focus on studies and some saying you need to explore your social life to grow up as a coherent individual. I can't tell OP; this is worse than standing inbetween mirrors

ReputationRep:
    yep im single ready to mingle......and i dont think i'll be in a relationship next year.

Reason: i do attract girls, but lately im so screwed up i wouldnt wanna involve someone else in my problems so id rather stay to myself till then.

ReputationRep:
    There's more chance there'll be sightings of Dodos than me being in a relationship.

ReputationRep:
    yes.

ReputationRep:
    I'm single at the moment, but as I am going to Australia for a few months later on in the year I feel as though anything but a fling would be a bit too much right now. Unless the other person happened to be going away aswell, the pressure on our relationship could easily mean the end of something that pretty much just started.

I'm hoping to meet somebody at university though. Do you think it's very common to form a good relationship at uni?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Probably yes.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure. Started seeing someone, but whether it will work out of university... doubtful.

ReputationRep:
    Yea, i probably will be, i'm wayyy too picky and i always end up liking the wrong guys... i've never been in a relationship with anyone and don't know how to... :/

ReputationRep:
    Yes I think I will be single this time nest year.

ReputationRep:
    What's that guy in that pic called? I've seen that ugly rock face head EVERYWHERE!

ReputationRep:
    I like to think I am relatively normal and not unattractive.. but I haven't had a boyfriend in a while because I also can't see the point in being in a relationship with someone I can't see myself marrying at some point in the future. I also think I have too high standards. So I hope I am not single this time next year but if I am then hey ho I am still young... ish. I'm not one of those people who thinks they have to be in a relationship to be happy/complete/whatever.

ReputationRep:
    I hope I'm not single next year, but if I don't find a guy who I like and who likes me back, then I probably will be.

ReputationRep:
    ya im single now(also 19) and enjoying it ... so i prob will be single next xmas! and if im not im not simple as.....

ReputationRep:
    Im female and nearly 18. I've not long come out of a year and half relationship and i really think i'll be single this time next year, simply because i have a specific type and i don't really pay any attention to any lad that doesn't fit what i look for. Being single isn't that bad but obviously i'll settle down one day, but after being engaged at 16 (yes 16, shocking!) i think i need to take time and be single, and basically live my life.

ReputationRep:
    I'm interested in someone but not sure if she feels the same. Gonna let her know before xmas/new year though.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 12, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.