Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I hit my girlfriend... Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've hit my gf a 1000 times and I do not regret it she deserved it shes bigger than me she should be able to fight me off, if anything im a hero for being able to take down such a beast of a girl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liam 09)
    This really isn't the place to post this, all you are gonna get is a lot of abuse and hate yourself.
    Love how you stole my sig gif :rolleyes:
    Get your own identity idiot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Astra_K)
    Love how you stole my sig gif :rolleyes:
    Get your own identity idiot.
    Yeah cause part of your sig is really your whole identity, how bout you grow up, it's a funny gif and there's no rules against sharing it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liam 09)
    Yeah cause part of your sig is really your whole identity, how bout you grow up, it's a funny gif and there's no rules against sharing it.
    You walk in the shadows of other people.
    Nice life.

ReputationRep:
    Well it's like on grey's anatomy where owen accidentally strangled cristina. It was an accident, and she says she understands. She's probably shaken up so just talk through it with her and get her to tell you how she feels and be honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Astra_K)
    You walk in the shadows of other people.
    Nice life.
    I like how you can know me by one act of barely any consequence on an internet forum, I'd advise a psychology degree for you when/if you get to Uni in 10 years time.

ReputationRep:
    I don't like people touching my neck or stomach cos I'm quite ticklish there, but I'd think punching someone over it, to the point that they're afraid of you, seems to be a bit of an overreaction :lolwut:. I dunno, maybe you have issues? Try having a talk with your girlfriend, and also get help for your problems.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So if it had been a guy, that would have been fine?
    It would have been a lot more acceptable.

(Original post by Sternumator)
    It would have been a lot more acceptable.
    What makes the difference? I wouldn't have reacted differently, I'd have hit them just as hard...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skeppy)
    I've hit my gf a 1000 times and I do not regret it she deserved it shes bigger than me she should be able to fight me off, if anything im a hero for being able to take down such a beast of a girl.
    Those sort of words should be saved for her Xmas card this year. She'll be touched

ReputationRep:
    What makes the difference? I wouldn't have reacted differently, I'd have hit them just as hard...
    The difference is that a male doesn't have to take any crap because he is bigger and can just leave whenever he wants, if he sticks around and takes it then its is own fault. A female who gets hit is probably is going to be scared to leave from fear of getting hit again so she doesn't which makes males hitting females bullying which it isn't the other way around.

(Original post by Sternumator)
    The difference is that a male doesn't have to take any crap because he is bigger and can just leave whenever he wants, if he sticks around and takes it then its is own fault. A female who gets hit is probably is going to be scared to leave from fear of getting hit again so she doesn't which makes males hitting females bullying which it isn't the other way around.
    I'm actually quite pleased that's the case, because this was a one-off instinctive reaction and, assuming she never touches my neck when I've zoned out again, it's not like it's going to repeat.

ReputationRep:
    Ah for god's sake, it was a reflex! Its fine, its not a problem.

I used to do the same thing to my ex-boyfriend (still trying to get used to using the ex...), he had a thing about my waist and i HATED it. Quite often wacked him in the face by mistake. She said it was fine, and you did warn her before, its not a big issue, we just laughed about it normally, but i can see where it would be different with you wacking her by mistake.

If you're really worried, firstly, stop apologising as it'll make it worse, just sit her down and say that you feel like she's nervous around you since then, talk it out, apologise (once!) for doing it and say that its something you don't think you'll be able to change, maybe the two of you should just avoid neck playing from now on!

ReputationRep:
    Ok, before everyone starts shouting abuse and how I should turn myself into the police, you need to know the whole context, and understand that it was entirely an accident.

You may or may not have read the thread, but I'm the person who hates having their neck touched ... and my girlfriend likes to touch and kiss my neck. So, in order to get over this, we were trying something where I would be totally relaxed and trusting of her, and then she would slowly touch my neck to see how I'd respond.

So, I was trusting and relaxed. I was so very relaxed, I was in a completely different headspace and, to be honest here, I forgot she was there with me. I even forgot I was there. Then she touched my neck, and brought me out of it very suddenly...

I really did just act on instinct and, in an attempt to get the 'attacker' away from me, I hit out ... and caught her. It was only after that that I even remembered it would be my girlfriend, and as soon as I realised I was stroking and kissing where I'd hit her, getting the ice, cuddling her and apologising.

She said she was all right with it and she understood I hadn't meant to violently attack her, even that she should have gone slower and not taken me by surprise.

However, since then, she hasn't responded to my texts or be as active in conversations, she seems jumpy around me, she was hesistant to get in a car with, she doesn't sleep half laying on me anymore...

I don't know what to do - I really didn't mean to hit her, and I love her so much ... but I think I've scared her, and I'm probably one of the most non-violent people you could meet. Is there anything I can do to make it up to her?

TL;DR version: Accidentally hit my girlfriend in circumstances that are IMO completely understandable. Not a violent person, but now she seems scared of me - anything I can do about it?

I am a girl and I have a similar problem. I hit everyone who comes close to my head like trying to stroke my hair or touch my face. Recently, I hit this classmate of mine and she looked like as if she was going to fall down and die.

ReputationRep:
    So you got angry and beat her just because she touched your neck... which you'd ASKED her to do?! You're sick! Police!

(Original post by Chocothunder)
    So you got angry and beat her just because she touched your neck... which you'd ASKED her to do?! You're sick! Police!
    Dude, we solved this a month ago - get over it.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    You solved it? Tell me how, does she not go near your neck anymore or have you loosened up a bit?

NOTE: I'm just wondering, this thread was interesting and I'm not taking the piss, serious

ReputationRep:
    I'll get over it as soon as you stop beating on your girlfriend. I know it probably makes you feel like a big man to viciously assault those who are smaller and weaker than you, but it's completely unacceptable and has to stop.

I've included some links on anger management, which will hopefully help you to channel your anger, confusion and violence away from your girlfriend and other defenceless family members, and into a more peaceful and harmless activity, such as painting or origami.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/emotiona...nagement.shtml
    http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/anger-m...roduction.aspx
    http://www.bupa.co.uk/individuals/he...managing-anger
    http://www.stressreductionbasics.com/article24.html
    http://ezinearticles.com/?Why-Origam...ress&id=802507

If you, your girlfriend or any other abused family member need support through this turbulent period of your lives, feel free to PM me and I can give you guidance and counselling completely free of charge.

No need to thank me, I'm just doing the Lord's work. I hope you eventually succeed in finding inner peace, and manage to find that which you so desperately seek, my son.

ReputationRep:
    Hello I was just on here searching for any kind of help I can get for my History AS tomorrow, and remembered this thread so I decided to see how you're doing

Did everything work out okay in the end? I hope your girlfriend hasn't had any more melodramatic episodes! And I also hope you didn't resort to counselling. That would have been ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    get a punch bag take it out on that ha. stick someones face on it haha

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 24, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.