Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grape:))
    Awesome. Where are you from? :P
    Crappy little village in Dorset, miles from anywhere. Fields are nice occasionally, but it's about time I moved a bit closer to civilisation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snap.Crackle.Pop.)
    Crappy little village in Dorset, miles from anywhere. Fields are nice occasionally, but it's about time I moved a bit closer to civilisation
    Coooool. I'm in Exeter which is nearish I guess :P

ReputationRep:
    Just a couple quick questions..

1) Does anyone know the difference between premium ensuite and premium flat?

2) Does anyone know the rough % breakdown of room types in Opal Court? Is there particularly a lot more of a certain type?

Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    Leicester is a really nice city, Oadby is great. I was in Mary Gee which was a mistake. I was stuck with 9 internationals, nice enough but not the same as my friends flatmates.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deathcraze)
    Just a couple quick questions..

1) Does anyone know the difference between premium ensuite and premium flat?

2) Does anyone know the rough % breakdown of room types in Opal Court? Is there particularly a lot more of a certain type?

Thanks in advance!
    http://www2.le.ac.uk/offices/accommo.../fees-payments

Regarding your second question, you might have to phone up to get that sort of info.

EDIT: Just re-read and if your not talking about price, room types are here

http://www2.le.ac.uk/offices/accommo...ypes-explained

ReputationRep:
    My offer has now gone from conditional to unconditional firm as I met my offer conditions. Does anyone know how long it should now take to get an accommodation offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BigV)
    My offer has now gone from conditional to unconditional firm as I met my offer conditions. Does anyone know how long it should now take to get an accommodation offer?
    Congrats on your unconditional offer

My offer went to unconditional on Monday and I rang up the accommodation office today and when they checked their database it still said my offer was still conditional even though I received a letter from UCAS saying it was unconditional, but once they rang up admissions and got confirmation I was unconditional they said I should get an offer within 48 hours

So id ring them up and check that on their database your offer has changed to unconditional and is not still on conditional.

Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmyAmy0913)
    Congrats on your unconditional offer

My offer went to unconditional on Monday and I rang up the accommodation office today and when they checked their database it still said my offer was still conditional even though I received a letter from UCAS saying it was unconditional, but once they rang up admissions and got confirmation I was unconditional they said I should get an offer within 48 hours

So id ring them up and check that on their database your offer has changed to unconditional and is not still on conditional.

Hope that helps
    Ok, good stuff.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if the university requires a deposit for the accommodation and if yes,how much is it and by what date must I pay it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Astrum)
    Does anyone know if the university requires a deposit for the accommodation and if yes,how much is it and by what date must I pay it?
    Only international and postgraduate students

http://www2.le.ac.uk/offices/accommo.../faqs/deposits

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Im a post grad student. I got my unconditional offer today.

I cant decide between Nixon and Opal - and I wanna apply as soon as possible.

Im rather quiet and shy. I want ensuite room. Which one you think is gonna be better?

ReputationRep:
    Any one else launde house? i cant seem to find any one else thats gonna live there!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AJ_86)
    Hey,

Im rather quiet and shy. I want ensuite room. Which one you think is gonna be better?
    I'm going to be a first year undergrad but I'm 25 so classed as 'mature'. I am also fairly shy and quiet.
    After a bit of research I decided to apply for both Nixon and Opal as they seem very similar. I put Nixon as top of my list because it is newer, but obviously it is slightly more expensive.

There is a section on the application form where you can write in any comments or extra information; I put a note in saying 'mature student, after a quiet environment'. I would hope that would mean they will at least avoid putting me in a party hall.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Astrum)
    You'll have to pay a key deposit just before you move in of £30 if you're a home/EU student. Should be on the web-site as to when the date you need to pay it is by.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BigV)
    I'm going to be a first year undergrad but I'm 25 so classed as 'mature'. I am also fairly shy and quiet.
    After a bit of research I decided to apply for both Nixon and Opal as they seem very similar. I put Nixon as top of my list because it is newer, but obviously it is slightly more expensive.

There is a section on the application form where you can write in any comments or extra information; I put a note in saying 'mature student, after a quiet environment'. I would hope that would mean they will at least avoid putting me in a party hall.
    Actually 25 is not that mature Thats what Im gonna turn on first day of new semester

I just applied to Nixon and Opal as well - I put Nixon as my first choice and Opal as second. I hope to hear from them soon.

What are the chances of securing a room and then switching to flat/studio if available?

ReputationRep:
    Sent in my accommodation application on the 9th, it's still showing as "Submitted" and not changed to "Processed" yet. Should I be worried? :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AJ_86)
    Actually 25 is not that mature Thats what Im gonna turn on first day of new semester

I just applied to Nixon and Opal as well - I put Nixon as my first choice and Opal as second. I hope to hear from them soon.

What are the chances of securing a room and then switching to flat/studio if available?
    Don't expect to hear back any time soon. I applied in March and my offer was made unconditional two weeks ago and I have no room allocation yet. When I emailed them they replied: "Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications that we are currently processing, it may be some time before you receive an allocation"

Not sure what the rules are on switching - you might want to read up on all the terms & conditions of the contract. Once you have signed I think it could be a headache to switch (unless you can find someone to swap with I guess?).

I applied for two studio/ flat and two standard ensuite rooms. I would imagine it would be easier to get a flat or studio because higher price = less demand?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BigV)
    Don't expect to hear back any time soon. I applied in March and my offer was made unconditional two weeks ago and I have no room allocation yet. When I emailed them they replied: "Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications that we are currently processing, it may be some time before you receive an allocation"

Not sure what the rules are on switching - you might want to read up on all the terms & conditions of the contract. Once you have signed I think it could be a headache to switch (unless you can find someone to swap with I guess?).

I applied for two studio/ flat and two standard ensuite rooms. I would imagine it would be easier to get a flat or studio because higher price = less demand?
    Well I followed the same logic and I applied for flats/studions (first Nixon cuz its newer and you dont need to worry about paying for net and all), then Opal, and then ensuite rooms (again frist Nixon then Opal). I've done halls before while doing undergrad and it was a mess - food stealing, and messy people, etc. I hope this time it will be better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AJ_86)
    Hey,

Nixon is rubbish compared to Opal. OPAL COURT IS LUSH. THERE IS A SUBWAY BUILT IN.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hardie)
    ahhh people better not steal JoFo away from me

just sent my application off now, just need to get the results

JoFo Premium + Self Catered
    JoFo Premium Self Catered
    Jofo Premium + Catered
    JoFo Premium Flat
    Jofo Single Self Catered
    GMS Premium Self Catered

That's my application
    JoFo Self Catered is called the Coppice, and from what I've seen, it's mostly those who've taken a gap year .

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.