Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yahyahyah)
    lol someone's been severely brainwashed by idiotic parents or friends.
    I've got eyes in my head and can see what is happening to others in my college...

ReputationRep:
    Cos it smells like piss :yucky:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llpokermuffinll)
    I've got eyes in my head and can see what is happening to others in my college...
    aka i've got no friends

this is a boring discussion, laters.

ReputationRep:
    I would try other drugs, although I havent yet, but not weed. I don't think I could deal with the shame of being uncool enough to smoke it.

ReputationRep:
    Because L.S.D. sounds more exciting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crazy Paving)
    Because I've never had the opportunity too and, regardless of that, it's never appealed to me.
    Same here

ReputationRep:
    Don't know how to get it. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Just never has the oppurtunity.

ReputationRep:
    Not everyone needs a spliff or alcohol to have fun and "be cool". Waste of money, waste of time, horrible smell. Not everyone smokes either so probably rrrreally not a good experience with all the coughin the first time...and do u get dizzy with it? like u do with nicotine as well?
    Basically...no need.

+ irrational fear caused by over-exaggeration from respectable educated people: you get stoopid

ReputationRep:
    ...because I'm not as cool as you OP...obviously :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R3L4Y)
    Not everyone needs a spliff or alcohol to have fun and "be cool". Waste of money, waste of time, horrible smell. Not everyone smokes either so probably rrrreally not a good experience with all the coughin the first time...and do u get dizzy with it? like u do with nicotine as well?
    Basically...no need.

+ irrational fear caused by over-exaggeration from respectable educated people: you get stoopid
    You've obviously never smoked it so i don't know how you can really say it's a waste of money and time.

Weed is a beautiful drug, one that yes can be abused, and like any drug has it's health risks (albeit minimal in comparison to alcohol and tobacco), but it can also give you so much, i'd be a completely different person today if i had never started smoking weed. It has open my eyes in a way.

But as i say, people do abuse it like any drug, and to think it's completely harmless is very naive.

And no, you generally don't get dizzy and it does not make you stupid, in fact it can bring out your creative side and make you appreciate things like music; you listen to a song and it feels much more.. personnel, you proper get into it, and if your really high, you can just close your eyes and the music just feels like it's flowing through you. waste of time? Maybe for you, not for me.

Edit - Also, i don't do it to look cool, i do it because i enjoy it and because there's so much more to reality and conciousness than we realise, so much more going on than our sober eyes perceive, and drugs in general let you experience new levels of being if you will. Lol little deep there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krov)
    Unlike you, some people think jeopardizing your health (and life) isn't reasonable.
    Shocking, isn't it ?
    Poooosayyy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spetznaaz)
    You've obviously never smoked it so i don't know how you can really say it's a waste of money and time.

Weed is a beautiful drug, one that yes can be abused, and like any drug has it's health risks (albeit minimal in comparison to alcohol and tobacco), but it can also give you so much, i'd be a completely different person today if i had never started smoking weed. It has open my eyes in a way.

But as i say, people do abuse it like any drug, and to think it's completely harmless is very naive.

And no, you generally don't get dizzy and it does not make you stupid, in fact it can bring out your creative side and make you appreciate things like music; you listen to a song and it feels much more.. personnel, you proper get into it, and if your really high, you can just close your eyes and the music just feels like it's flowing through you. waste of time? Maybe for you, not for me.

Edit - Also, i don't do it to look cool, i do it because i enjoy it and because there's so much more to reality and conciousness than we realise, so much more going on than our sober eyes perceive, and drugs in general let you experience new levels of being if you will. Lol little deep there
    You should check out The Doors of Perception

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by channy)
    You should check out The Doors of Perception
    Yea man, i need to buy that, i've been meaning to for ages! Have you read it? any good?

ReputationRep:
    Never had the opportunity.
    I'd be up for trying it, but I wouldn't make a habit of it simply because I couldn't afford it. And most people I know who have tried it say it's not that great really. Including my dad. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spetznaaz)
    Yea man, i need to buy that, i've been meaning to for ages! Have you read it? any good?
    Arrived a few days ago, haven't started it yet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krov)
    It's alright guys, I couldn't care less if you smoked pot. I don't even know you. You have full rights to become a failure (if you're above 18). It's just fun to see you can't align a single objective argument.

Just ask a doctor, he'll tell you cannabis is, was, and never will be good for mental health.
    Bull****. Of course cannabis can be good for your mental health. Just like an occasional social drink can be good for your mental health. Also cannabis can act as an antidepressant and antipsychotic. Schizophrenia suffers that use cannabis have been shown to have significantly better performance on measures of processing speed, verbal fluency, verbal learning and memory compared to abstainers.

A minority of already mentally unstable people will suffer negative effects on their mental health from cannabis use and addiction of course will never be good for mental health, but then cannabis addiction is less likely than alcohol addiction.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NaUmarly)
    Because I'm not a moron.
    You went there :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Used to be cool, untill I started turning into a paranoid wreck everytime I smoked it lol. Now I just rely on my good friend alcohol

ReputationRep:
    I have asthma. Just don't see the point in trying something (that smells disgusting and makes people behave like a moron) that could give me an asthma attack which could kill me. It's just common sense

I think people are a little hypocritical if they criticise those who smoke week because it's bad for you and addictive, if they then go out and get P****d, but not sure if anyone is really saying that on here. Still, I've met people like that and it's very annoying.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.