Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A.Corona)

x
    I'm a Tory, of course I think she was amazing. You seem to forget the state this country was in before 1979.

ReputationRep:
    Good good God.

ReputationRep:
    Its just been on the news that if theirs any more protests the police will use *intrusive* measures. So basically your going to get shot with a water cannon and kettled in lol. That'll teach them.

I think you should all be very grateful for living in the UK. If you'd carried out a protest like this in, say, Burma or China for example, there would have been soldiers deployed and possibly hundreds of people killed.

Think about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ch0llima)
    I think you should all be very grateful for living in the UK. If you'd carried out a protest like this in, say, Burma or China for example, there would have been soldiers deployed and possibly hundreds of people killed.

Think about it.
    Its a bit sad that we have to use such extreme examples to defend police tactics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4994mm)
    SO true!
    It's a completely un-just system.
    Is this country back in the age were only the rich are considered talented and intelligent.
    Yes, there are things to back up the argument for tution fees.
    But it has made many students future education an un-motivated, un-caring situation.
    Equal rights?!
    HA
    If mummy and daddy don't earn enough a student doesn't have the chance for the best future they can possibly have.

Equal rights my ***
    Ehhhhhh are you f***ing retarded it has nothing to do with being rich or poor have you heard of a student loan? f***ing idiot it still covers the increase you absolute tard. Its people like you that give the people protesting for the right reasons a bad name. I'm as poor as piss and i can still afford to go to university. For gods sake we get money given to us to do f**k all, i took out an interest free overdraft just to piss it up the wall on booze and people wonder why were called parasites? taxdodger? Theres such a thing as a part time job as well you lazy p***k stop crying over spilled milk and get on with your life. People act like were all being put in the gas chambers for ****s and gigs.

ReputationRep:
    True dat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lewroll)
    Yes we failed, however one thing is for sure, neither the torys or the libdems will be voted in in the next general election (i doubt the libs will ever be voted in now)
    great point i can't wait for the labour victory lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pop_tart)
    great point i can't wait for the labour victory lol
    I wouldn't be so sure, this is a student website and opinion is fairly divided over how bad this proposal really is so one would imagine non-students being less angry on average about this. Also labour would have done this anyway so don't see how this issue would change voting. It'll really piss me off if the coalition sort out the deficit only for labour to come in and increase spending. How nice would it be if when times are next good (hopefully someday they will be!) we run a surplus and the next time **** hits the fan like this again we can spend our way out without logging up crazy levels of debt?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goose1990)
    I wouldn't be so sure, this is a student website and opinion is fairly divided over how bad this proposal really is so one would imagine non-students being less angry on average about this. Also labour would have done this anyway so don't see how this issue would change voting. It'll really piss me off if the coalition sort out the deficit only for labour to come in and increase spending. How nice would it be if when times are next good (hopefully someday they will be!) we run a surplus and the next time **** hits the fan like this again we can spend our way out without logging up crazy levels of debt?!

Im sure fees would have gone up, but not to the extent to which it has gone up right now...
    And plus now, there are tons of people out of jobs, and lots more people who can't afford to go to university and get a skilled job - how's that going to improve the economy?

ReputationRep:
    Well at least we got the right to get angry coz it's about he tuition fee's and not the student loan, which clearly shows, that out there, there are really people who wanna study ...

Watch when they will be successful then you will be sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goose1990)
    absolutely right! What ever party there is power right now even if it was labour, cuts had to be made either way but naturally people will probably blame the ones who did it eventhough labour would have done the same thing ^^ well mainly students anyway I guess :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpatb)
    Im sure fees would have gone up, but not to the extent to which it has gone up right now...
    And plus now, there are tons of people out of jobs, and lots more people who can't afford to go to university and get a skilled job - how's that going to improve the economy?
    How do you still not get it?!? If one more idiot says people "can't afford to go to university" I'm going to crack. You get a loan, you don't pay this back until/if you start earning over 21k. They've also made part-time study the same as this which it wasn't before hence making it possible for people who can only study part time to "afford" uni. If people don't go to uni because of the fees rise then clearly they are incapable of realising what a good investment it is (or the degree they want to do isn't a good investment in which case the economy would be better off by having them working).

ReputationRep:
    I think that it is totally disgusting that fees have gone up, it will take students a long time to pay off all that.

Plus, what alternative is there to Uni? I understand that there might be some, but basically, the government have no idea, they couldn't give a monkeys as they already have their degree.

I'm not saying that those protests were right. Why can't we be like Scotland, who actually give a siht about their youngsters?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Margaret Thatcher)
    You wasted your time, damaged property, injured people, disgusted the taxpayer - all for nothing. Zilch.

The vote went through. Tuition fees have been raised.

If anything, it's made the government's position stronger - as they now have the taxpayer on side, as most taxpayers have been disgusted by the violent acts.
    You fail to understand that people enjoy smashing up and burning government property and will continue to do it.

Your government merely legitimizes these actions with its ludicrous pathology.

ReputationRep:
    But funnily, a news reporter highlighted the fact of lib dems breaking their manifesto pledge - astonishly - the MP acknowledge their breaking of the promise but further highlighted that they've other manifesto policy other than the tuition fee policy - so their planning to step away from relying on majority student votes and further towards 'populus' mainstream voters - and screw them over as well:confused: - i was just watching in shock as their party as basically violated all their principles and is expected to be acknowledged as a legitimate party for government, WOW - what an audacity.... and the comment of taxpayers on the goverment side - MATE, you've not seen anything as yet - i'm waiting until next year whilst their's massive job losses - so called 'unsympathetic' taxpayers cannot pay their mortgages...and the reliance on the private sector to basically induce and employ all such unemployed each year with a further reduction in unemployment support in relation to finance & reduction in 'quango' institutes (remember people - we reside in a individualistic society)....i'm just waiting for the uproar of protests with my POPCORN with a bit of :eek: and a tidy bit of :mfing:

ReputationRep:
    Hurrah for Wales.

Why is it always the left-wing peasants that riot?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by domino0806)
    Why is it always the left-wing peasants that riot?
    Nice ignoring the fact that there were a lot of middle class people there too.
    Indeed, the guy who was trying to climb up the cenotaph was the son of the pink floyd guitarist. Hardly a "peasant".

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.