Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Sociology - AQA Unit 1 - Families and Households Jan 2011 Watch

ReputationRep:
    This was a retake for me, got 68/80 which is far better than the C I got last year!x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dopey:))
    I got 78 which is an A , does anyone know if that is a high or low A? :P
    I retook this and got 78 as well, and also 78 is about 86% so its like a mid A.

ReputationRep:
    A !!

80/80 !!

EDIT: Wasn't expecting this result because I really messed up the first few shorter answers

ReputationRep:
    I got 74/80 That was 92.5% - actually can't believe it! Thought I'd completely failed that exam because I had so much difficulty writing loads in such a short amount of time Wrote like 1 and a half sides for each essay and didn't write nearly enough on the second essay. Apparently if I'd had time to write 2 more paragraphs I would have got 100% but I'm really not that bothered, just made up that I got such a high score

Cazablan
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Dopey
    I got 78 which is an A , does anyone know if that is a high or low A? :P
    The UCAS points were out of 80, so 78 is a really high score, it's 97.5% - congrats!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cazablan)
    I am confussed because I found that it is out of 80 UMS marks so how can 78/80 only be 86%

ReputationRep:
    62 B
    meh
    what did i need for an A?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles0ox)
    62 B
    meh
    what did i need for an A?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilickbatteries)
    damn
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    Seems like half my class got 62 for some reason. Seems to be rather popular.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Azwozzle)
    The UCAS points were out of 80, so 78 is a really high score, it's 97.5% - congrats!
    How do you know 78 is 97.5%?

and well done

ReputationRep:
    Congrats to those with amazing grades. For those re-sitting, check you have detailed notes on all the topics within this module. My website has an overview of the studies you need:
    http://www.socialsciencetutor.co.uk/...ology-revision

ReputationRep:
    wooo 80/80! Really suprised as I came out of the exam thinking I had written nowhere near enough for a decent grade ^_^

ReputationRep:
    Hi what did everyone get in the Family + Households exam, the Jan 2011 paper?

ReputationRep:
    I got an A, was just over the mark though so I was lucky
    v.happy though considering i didn't actually finish the exaam

ReputationRep:
    I got 90%, the highest grade in my class. Which annoyed me, I wanted 95% at least! The first question about net migration tripped me up because I've never heard of that before, and I suppose I must have dropped a few in the essays Only 2 others in my class got As, both got 80%. 7 people got Us :/ In a class of 26.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dopey:))
    How do you know 78 is 97.5%?
    Maths, haha :')

ReputationRep:
    Wow, it seems like overall most people did great!!! Unfortunately I still havent sat my exam for some stupid reason my college dont sit exams in january!!! SO... Im having to do all 3 A-levels in summer!! families and households is and education are the one im most worried about.

trying to find a pattern does any 1 remember what came up in jan 11>> I have mine on the 18th(families & households) and 20th(education and research methods) of May soooo soon from now. please help I know almost every thing but I want to do really good!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Monzele)
    Wow, it seems like overall most people did great!!! Unfortunately I still havent sat my exam for some stupid reason my college dont sit exams in january!!! SO... Im having to do all 3 A-levels in summer!! families and households is and education are the one im most worried about.

trying to find a pattern does any 1 remember what came up in jan 11>> I have mine on the 18th(families & households) and 20th(education and research methods) of May soooo soon from now. please help I know almost every thing but I want to do really good!!
    I have family on the 18th too.
    I don't suppose you happen to know where I can find past essay answers to any past questions ? I'd really like to see some examples so I know roughly what we're needing to write. Please let me know if you know!
    Anything I can help with? I did education last year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerty54321)
    I have family on the 18th too.
    I don't suppose you happen to know where I can find past essay answers to any past questions ? I'd really like to see some examples so I know roughly what we're needing to write. Please let me know if you know!
    Anything I can help with? I did education last year.
    try the Rob Webb and keith trobe> succeed at AS sociology (the complete revision guide) they have great examples.

just looked at the jan 011 paper, and I've worked out some kind of plan for this unit 1> for the examine qs> divorce, domestic violence, birth rate.

assess qs are likely to be on family diversity, social policy, couples etc!!

hope this helps. also to know exactly for the examiner want look at the mark schemes for each paper on the AQA web.

go on sociology, key materials and past papers and mark scheme.

ReputationRep:
    Hey does anyone know what came up on jan 2011 ?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.