Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I did calculate GPE but crossed it out so I probably read work done against resistances.

ReputationRep:
    thats very unlikly though, they wont accept anything but the right answer because of accuracy marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by colaj001)
    Does anyone have the details and values for question7, the coefficient 10 marker, I wanna try and work it out again cos I got 0.60 :/
    From what I remember:

There was a 4m uniform rod in limiting equilibrium, one end on a rough horizontal surface and the other on a smooth peg. The length between the ground and the peg was 3m along the rod. The rod made angle alpha with the horizontal, and sin(alpha) = 1/3

I too got it wrong, re-did it at home and got 0.514. Shame I couldn't do it in the actual exam. :dry:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah… I was so sure about that question, did all the steps so slowly and carefully. Flop

ReputationRep:
    What was the weight of the rod?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raggamuffin93)
    From what I remember:

There was a 4m uniform rod in limiting equilibrium, one end on a rough horizontal surface and the other on a smooth peg. The length between the ground and the peg was 3m along the rod. The rod made angle alpha with the horizontal, and sin(alpha) = 1/3

I too got it wrong, re-did it at home and got 0.514. Shame I couldn't do it in the actual exam. :dry:
    hate it when that happens.. i bet if i did the question now too i would get it but in the exam.. noo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by colaj001)
    What was the weight of the rod?
    sorry, missed that out. 100N

ReputationRep:
    so for the rough inclined plane question, do you include the weight when calculating work done or do you just use friction x distance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i_hate_teeth)
    so for the rough inclined plane question, do you include the weight when calculating work done or do you just use friction x distance?
    It asked for the total work done in pulling the object from A to B.

So that's work done against the friction of the rough plane + the work done against gravity (as it's ascending in height up the plane).

Or alternatively you could have resolved components parallel to the plane to get an equation for the pulling force...which is having to work against both gravity and friction.

Find the pulling force and calculate Work Done = Pulling force x distance.

Both give the same answer.

ReputationRep:
    Ohhh no I most probably wont get 90+ in M2 now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cazzy-joe)
    Ohhh no I most probably wont get 90+ in M2 now
    same, i should get an A though.
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raggamuffin93)
    Sorry to be a pain and ask the same question again, but does anyone remember the marks for each question? I remember 1a) 3 marks 1b) 3 marks and 7) 10 marks but can't remember the rest! If none of the others the marks for question 4a and b would be helpful because I think I may have got part of this wrong and can then work out my rough mark. Thanks
    If qu4 was the centre of mass question I think it was 6/7 for a and 3 for b

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys.. i think i messed this up

I'm confident I got 90+ UMS in C3 and should get 90 in c4 in June. Got 285/300 for Maths last year.
    Would I need to get over 90 in this module too, to get a* in maths overall?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChopinLiszt)
    How did people get the answer for 45 degrees BELOW horizontal to be around 0.2? Isn't that the value for ABOVE?
    I did -3=5-9.8t which gave t=40/49 0.816 think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by englishman129)
    Hey guys.. i think i messed this up

I'm confident I got 90+ UMS in C3 and should get 90 in c4 in June. Got 285/300 for Maths last year.
    Would I need to get over 90 in this module too, to get a* in maths overall?

Thanks
    Nope, application modules aren't considered for the A* 90% average in A-level Maths You only need to average 90% across C3 and C4.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Panda Vinnie)
    Nope, application modules aren't considered for the A* 90% average in A-level Maths You only need to average 90% across C3 and C4.
    Ooh, that makes me feel a bit better

Sorry, last question - so id need 480/600 in Maths overall and 90 av in c3/c4 - for a*?
    If i do get 90 in c3/c4, it means ill only need 15/100 in m2? :O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by englishman129)
    Ooh, that makes me feel a bit better

Sorry, last question - so id need 480/600 in Maths overall and 90 av in c3/c4 - for a*?
    If i do get 90 in c3/c4, it means ill only need 15/100 in m2? :O
    That's right :yep: So the pressure is off for M2 :p:

ReputationRep:
    M2 and other A2 applied modules do count for people aiming for an A* in FM though.

ReputationRep:
    for my a level in maths, can I count C1- C4, and then S1 and M2, and the of my applied modules in FM,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CapsLocke)
    for my a level in maths, can I count C1- C4, and then S1 and M2, and the of my applied modules in FM,
    I was told that you can't use the A2 modules without the AS in maths, but you can in further maths. So in other words you'd need to put M1 and M2 in maths if you want M2 in maths, but it is fine to put M2 in further maths without M1. This may be wrong though, it's just what my teacher said so check with yours - they may know better

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.