Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I wear make up because it looks nice, not because I want "attention". Grow up OP seriously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by green chica)
    exactly. after a while people don't even notice anymore. and, my hair dries in a few hours and looks like its normal, blonde self. i don't even have to comb it much. my sister always complains about how low-maintenance and nice my hair is compared to her.
    People are used to seeing me without makeup, so why change now? I feel much more comfortable on a daily basis without makeup as I constantly rub my face and smear it everywhere Barely any of the girls in my year wear make-up (Year 13) but much of the younger school does, it's just something you learn to go without

ReputationRep:
    If we got rid of forums, shallow and unshagged boys would have nowhere to be trolls.

ReputationRep:
    Thank heavens we're not all gonna follow the op's ideas...I'd look hideous without makeup.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xfactorfan)
    drive to school - did you pay for that using daddy's credit card?:camp:

regarding the makeup, you either go to a private all girls school where there's no point putting on makeup because there are no boys to impress, or you're so ugly, it makes no difference with or without makeup.
    Sooo...girls who do wear make up wear it because they are ugly and want to disguise that fact...

but girls who don't wear make up are so ugly it makes no difference...

The only conclusion I can come to is that, you are so ugly and insecure yourself that you like to put other people down to make you feel better.

In which case, that is incredibly sad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jenii)
    a) Why are you so mean? Maybe she just doesn't define her own self-worth on her looks? Or just doesn't want the extra male-attention that wearing make up might bring?

b) Why did you create this misogynistic thread which implies that women who are not wearing make up are unattractive and therefore are "nothing". Seriously. WHY? Aren't women more than just their looks?
    Clearly he is a misogynistic troll. He admitted in his first post - hypocritically - that he was making huge (and offensive) generalisations simply to attract attention. To be honest, he's not worth bothering about. We, all girls and most decent guys know that he's spouting sexist rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    this includes other fakery like false eyelashes, hair extensions, hair dyes etc.
    Im sorry, but this guy is 37 years old, posting on a student forum and his name is XFactorFan....

He must be posting this from his parents spare bedroom after an XTREMMMMMEEE WoW session

:shot:

ReputationRep:
    Well played OP; 10 pages of nerve struck incredulous responses and this thread still has mileage left.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest OP - if you had worded it differently - you might have brought up an interesting debate...

E.g. "Without makeup would there be fewer stunning females?" Or something... I dunno.

Just the way you put it was a bit crazy..

ReputationRep:
    So long as they keep wearing make up and give me some eye candy, I'm willing to let it slide

ReputationRep:
    Not really, because not all women are trussed up like that girl off X-Factor.

Not all women need that amount. Natural beauty does exist in women.

ReputationRep:
    The threads with boys attacking girls are old news.

Take your inferiority complex elsewhere.

Girls wear make up, and what? Attacking us for it won't get you a girlfriend.

ReputationRep:
    Why not have a No make-up Day as a charity fundraiser, to see whether or not women would be better without make up. I think that a day without orange fakery and bad eyeshadow would be a great improvement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neil_K)
    The OP stated 'girls would be nothing' without makeup. I don't agree that they'd be 'nothing', but they would definitely have a harder time attracting men, at least initially anyway, since men are initially attracted to a woman's looks. That's how attraction works I'm afraid....we men are, at first, attracted to a girl based on how she looks VISUALLY. Then we can fall for her personality later once we get to know her. Smart women know this and therefore keep themselves looking as good as possible at all times.

I do agree that most women look better with makeup. Though too much makeup can look kind of fake and tacky.

I didn't agree with a lot of what Ali said (see my replies).
    LOL
    so do females need makeup for their ass, tits, their personality?! or are men not attracted to those things too?
    if a girl was beautiful but had the most ugly personality, would you still date her?

ReputationRep:
    67 girls and counting - the number of girls who wear makeup voted you down OP

just kidding

ReputationRep:
    I believe most girls are beautiful without any effort..

ReputationRep:
    here we go :rolleyes:

why do i see every girl in the morning (every white girl at least) wearing some form of makeup, yet 1 in 3 girls or whatever on TSR claim to wear no makeup?

the facts don't add up.
    Join the Fat and/or Ugly club.. you'll see a different world.

But really, without it, you'll never get woman like this

she's gotta kill me for this

ReputationRep:
    Most girls do wear makeup but without it ww wont be NOTHING. Thats like saying that without football boys would be nothing...

ReputationRep:
    here we go :rolleyes:

why do i see every girl in the morning (every white girl at least) wearing some form of makeup, yet 1 in 3 girls or whatever on TSR claim to wear no makeup?

the facts don't add up.
    None of the girls in my course do. Except me.
    I'll wear eyeliner though, and that's it.
    It's mostly just i've gotten used to it. I'm not trying to attract guys, if i wanted to do that i could walk around in more revealing clothes, as it stands i wear trackies all the time. I

I'm just used to it. Same way i'll brush my hair before i go out in the morning. Same way a large amount of guys straighten/gel their hairs in the morning.

ReputationRep:
    lol,

How misogynistic.

Some girls use it to establish their identity, some girls use make up because they simply enjoy cosmetics and cosmetic trends, some girls apply makeup as a means to heighten their confidence;

The point is, your opinion is very ignorant OP. There are usually always more reasons than what are visible on the surface as to why girls wear makeup.

Talk to more girls, honestly, you'll learn more from them.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.