Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How many people here have never had a girlfriend or boyfriend? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gesiwuj)
    Das Leben der Anderen is an incredible film! You have great taste . Unfortunately the film I was watching today was fairly Hollywood-y for a German film . Oh well, helps with my German nonetheless!

"Das Leben der Anderen" is one of my favourite German movies, too! Along with "Goodbye, Lenin", have you watched it?
    And Ulrich Mühe is such a brilliant actor, it's so sad that he died recently.
    Btw, European cinema (especially weird French movies from the 60's) is just waaay better than Hollywood, though I still like some Hollywood's films.

Otherwise, to answer the tread question - I'm joining the group of the single, never-had-a-boyfriend girls.

It's due to a couple of things. I don't want to have a relationship just for the sake of it as most of my friends tend to do. Also, I'm looking, though it may sound very cheesy, for someone who could be close to a soul mate for me. Someone with similar interests to mine and similar perception of the world, but at the same someone that would be a challenge for me - an interesting discovery to be done and get to be known.

Ah, well, but I'm also a little bit shy and not very confident in myself, which tends to not help me encounter my kind of perfect guy. And actually there aren't around me that many boys who are interested in the things I am.

Haha, and may be I'm also damned by myself - when I was 8 years old, I said to a friend of mine "You know, I'm not going to have a boyfriend till I am 18, 'cause boys are so annoying now ". Well, this "prophecy" came to be true. Some boys really tend to be annoying till they become a little bit older and I just turned 18, so we'll see what this year has prepared for me.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beadle's About)
    As the title says. Why haven't you got anyone yet? Is it just that you have a lack of confidence or is it that you can't be bothered and prefer to be single?

I'm having a hard time understanding why people can't get someone.
    I thought I would never get a boyfriend because of the lack of my social interactions with other people. But then my friend introduced me to this lad and he seems nice, his looks are OK standard but he wasn't one of them "fitties" then after introducing ourselves he went straight back to work. 10 minutes later he texts my friend asking if there was a chance of me liking him in that way and wondering if he'll have a chance with me. My friend showed me this text and I was like

But then I had to move to Walsall, then our relationship just collapsed because of it.

And now ever since I've been travelling in trains I get those looks. This man sat next to me and kept looking at me, then he started a conversation with me about lights on the train (it kept turning on and off).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jenesais)
    "Das Leben der Anderen" is one of my favourite German movies, too! Along with "Goodbye, Lenin", have you watched it?
    And Ulrich Mühe is such a brilliant actor, it's so sad that he died recently.
    Btw, European cinema (especially weird French movies from the 60's) is just waaay better than Hollywood, though I still like some Hollywood's films.

Otherwise, to answer the tread question - I'm joining the group of the single, never-had-a-boyfriend girls.

It's due to a couple of things. I don't want to have a relationship just for the sake of it as most of my friends tend to do. Also, I'm looking, though it may sound very cheesy, for someone who could be close to a soul mate for me. Someone with similar interests to mine and similar perception of the world, but at the same someone that would be a challenge for me - an interesting discovery to be done and get to be known.

Ah, well, but I'm also a little bit shy and not very confident in myself, which tends to not help me encounter my kind of perfect guy. And actually there aren't around me that many boys who are interested in the things I am.

Haha, and may be I'm also damned by myself - when I was 8 years old, I said to a friend of mine "You know, I'm not going to have a boyfriend till I am 18, 'cause boys are so annoying now ". Well, this "prophecy" came to be true. Some boys really tend to be annoying till they become a little bit older and I just turned 18, so we'll see what this year has prepared for me.

Goodbye Lenin, amazing film!!

ReputationRep:
    Religion..............

ReputationRep:
    wellllllll..... till the right person comes rolling by, not really bothered. Although I feel miserably jealous when I see couples my age, never mind younger than me :P

ReputationRep:
    I'm 17 and have never had a boyfriend. I'm not short of attention off boys wen im out but i always meet the guys who never want a relationship. I guess of course i would like one but maybe its just not my time yet!

ReputationRep:
    Heterophobia -
    Welcome to my world...

haha kidding,
    seriously girls don't find my sense of humor funny so it gets rather awkward when I'm laughing at my own jokes =]
    Somewhat fitting for this thread:

ReputationRep:
    I Have never really had a girlfiriend, i will put it down to a number of things:

1: Too Quiet
    2:Lack Confidence and Self Esteam.
    3: Was Bullied in School (Although i carnt really make this an excuse but i dont know)

4: Dont think think that iam Attractive
    5: Never really gone up to a girl and started speaking to them, i dont know what to talk about and even if i did, i think they would think i,m being boring etc

6: My Mate has got a girlfriend and he is quiet too.:confused:
    7: I Let onto a couple of girls but thats about it (Saying Hello) how you doing, b you alright, but then the convrsation breaks down)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    I have never had a girlfriend due to various reasons, two of them being my strong morals and the preference of academic interests over social interactions, but I do not see it as a huge problem.

Is there anything special about you that repels males from you? As I see, you are very pretty which is the root of all attention in these times... :holmes:
    I dont like the way you structure your sentences i think you should work on them. Hang on life_peer have you been putting off doing your homework for social interactions?
    I am very disappointed young men.
    Seriously chill out school work aint running away it stands still but girls, they run away from guys like you because you my friend is boring. And being boring is not something to be proud of, I declare you with a U, well someone is behind.

ReputationRep:
    Have never really had a girlfiriend, i will put it down to a number of things:

1: Too Quiet
    2:Lack Confidence and Self Esteam.
    3: Was Bullied in School (Although i carnt really make this an excuse but i dont know)

4: Dont think think that iam Attractive
    5: Never really gone up to a girl and started speaking to them, i dont know what to talk about and even if i did, i think they would think i,m being boring etc

6: My Mate has got a girlfriend and he is quiet too.
    7: I Let onto a couple of girls but thats about it (Saying Hello) how you doing, you alright, but then the convrsation breaks down)

8: I Like a Couple of Girls thats all :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    22...and never had a proper girfriend. Although, not the school 'stud' at high school I wasn't short on offers (not the one girl I really did like tho hah), but due to a mixture of shyness/appathy nothing ever really happened. Just wasn't interested enough to pursue. College a little less attention, and was already at the stage where shyness was getting the better of me.

Uni a few drunken, probably awful snogs, likewise when I went travelling. I've probably had the opportunity so far in my life to have about 3-4 proper girlfriends, most recent of which was just a couple of months ago...I think for me, talking to girls I like isn't really the problem, because although I'm a fairly reserved and considerate, even 'sweet' person (so I'm often told)...I can actually be quite funny and don't take myself too seriously, so talking to a girl I like isn't really an issue, even if I am not the most confident guy around. I think my problem is now, because I'm still a virgin and fairly inexperienced in all things intimate..I'm too scared to screw up, as I haven't got those **** ups, neverous experiences out the way as a 16/17 year old or whatever, and as a result I shy away from potential relationships, as I am too nervous to disclose this. Although I'd like a girlfriend, it hasn't bothered me THAT much until fairly recently, because I think I still have feelings for the girl that I went on a few dates on but because I was too shy/embarrassed about my lack of experience (particularly because she was, and still is a close friend)...I just didn't want to screw up/embarrass myself and have to live with that fact after. She felt I rejected her, but truth is I was just too shy about my own inexperience that I bottled it, and couldn't bring myself to tell her. Anyways, she's now told me she's about screw some guy she likes, and it just makes me feel even more awful...because that's all I can think about, and I'm back at square one again, and although I try my best and pretend I'm happy for her, just makes me feel very regretful and fedup.

It's just a confidence thing, maybe I'll 'man up' one day :P

ReputationRep:
    Never had a boyfriend,

I think its mainly because I'm straight..

ReputationRep:
    Never had a 'proper' girlfriend. I just cannot commit, and I still havnt met anyone that I'd spend time with rather than being on my own.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cali989)
    22...and never had a proper girfriend. Although, not the school 'stud' at high school I wasn't short on offers (not the one girl I really did like tho hah), but due to a mixture of shyness/appathy nothing ever really happened. Just wasn't interested enough to pursue. College a little less attention, and was already at the stage where shyness was getting the better of me.

Uni a few drunken, probably awful snogs, likewise when I went travelling. I've probably had the opportunity so far in my life to have about 3-4 proper girlfriends, most recent of which was just a couple of months ago...I think for me, talking to girls I like isn't really the problem, because although I'm a fairly reserved and considerate, even 'sweet' person (so I'm often told)...I can actually be quite funny and don't take myself too seriously, so talking to a girl I like isn't really an issue, even if I am not the most confident guy around. I think my problem is now, because I'm still a virgin and fairly inexperienced in all things intimate..I'm too scared to screw up, as I haven't got those **** ups, neverous experiences out the way as a 16/17 year old or whatever, and as a result I shy away from potential relationships, as I am too nervous to disclose this. Although I'd like a girlfriend, it hasn't bothered me THAT much until fairly recently, because I think I still have feelings for the girl that I went on a few dates on but because I was too shy/embarrassed about my lack of experience (particularly because she was, and still is a close friend)...I just didn't want to screw up/embarrass myself and have to live with that fact after. She felt I rejected her, but truth is I was just too shy about my own inexperience that I bottled it, and couldn't bring myself to tell her. Anyways, she's now told me she's about screw some guy she likes, and it just makes me feel even more awful...because that's all I can think about, and I'm back at square one again, and although I try my best and pretend I'm happy for her, just makes me feel very regretful and fedup.

It's just a confidence thing, maybe I'll 'man up' one day :P
    That's what stops me getting close to guys - having the past relationships convo and then saying 'well I've never had a boyfriend' etc. I just have a fear of them laughing about it and being rejected because of it

ReputationRep:
    Me

Maybe I didn´t try enough. I always wait boys to talk to me, not because of pride, just a lack of confidence. I am not shy, but at high school no always people are kind, more when you are beleived to be quite weird and your school is very elitist. Fortunatelly, now I am not at high school so I am getting a bit more confident.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Escriba)
    LOL! No, no, not at all! (No offence of course!) I'd be willing to travel; I intend to a lot of that and probably purchase a grand country house in the UK but to be quite honest, I have to have a home in Saudi too. I've been living here so long I've become attached to it! And at the moment, it's where the family home is as well.

Haha but seriously do you like Saudi Arabia? Your not an arab right? I mean Saudi Arabia has some tight laws. i lived in Dubai for the first 16 years of my life...It was a fantastic place to be honest My last 2 years here in Pakistan have been dull though cant wait to go to the UK by September

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_muneeb_x)
    Haha but seriously do you like Saudi Arabia? Your not an arab right? I mean Saudi Arabia has some tight laws. i lived in Dubai for the first 16 years of my life...It was a fantastic place to be honest My last 2 years here in Pakistan have been dull though cant wait to go to the UK by September

I absolutely do, no lie. There are certainly things that annoy me sometimes-like the driver showing up late every so often with no public transport and women not being able to drive it really makes me mad! Also men working in underwear shops, trying to tell you what size and colour would look good on you but I think people have a very generalized view of what life in Saudi is like. Sure it's a religious country and all but life isn't as restricted as you'd imagine! Far from in fact.

Oh and no, I'm not Arab at all! How comes you're living in Pakistan then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Escriba)
    I absolutely do, no lie. There are certainly things that annoy me sometimes-like the driver showing up late every so often with no public transport and women not being able to drive it really makes me mad! Also men working in underwear shops, trying to tell you what size and colour would look good on you but I think people have a very generalized view of what life in Saudi is like. Sure it's a religious country and all but life isn't as restricted as you'd imagine! Far from in fact.

Oh and no, I'm not Arab at all! How comes you're living in Pakistan then?

Oh well things happened and we all shifted back to Pakistan which is my home country...But Dubai was amazing and Hopefully UK would be too :P

HAHAHA...I remember the underwear things My ex in Dubai once told me a very detailed account of it and she went on to say they know the size that fits perfectly
    Although i must admit it must be freaky... Are you going to uni in Saudi Arabia ? i mean that wouldn't be very cool eh ?

ReputationRep:
    i havent had a proper one, my last and only bf i loved was a 40 y/o paedo busker who couldnt stop sleeping around.
    other than that, all guys ive dated have cheated on me pretty fast (no sex before marriage) and i only attract millionare married guys over age 35.

(Original post by Nick Longjohnson)
      Never had a 'proper' girlfriend. I just cannot commit, and I still havnt met anyone that I'd spend time with rather than being on my own.
      Actually, that sounds a bit like me as well.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 30, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.