Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do the super fit girls like House/Dance music while the ugly girls like Rock? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    Slipknot appeal to a certain sub-genre of 'rock' fans, and can definitely not be used to classify the whole of 'rock' as a genre.

Have you seen some of the indie chicks? :coma:
    If you play the song in the OP's video, the Pokémon in the bottom middle row of your sig dances along!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swell)
    Oh dear, sorry almighty Festival god.

Thus listen to Rock Music?

There is a minority who go 'just for the hell of it', i mean i heard someone ask who Arcade Fire were last year while in the crowd...

But the majority do go because they like the music there...
    yeah, but it's a pretty mainstream festival - I live in Leeds and about 70% of my year goes - most of the girls that go are hardly rock queens, they just fancy going to a festival.

ReputationRep:
    I like both - don't know what that makes me.

ReputationRep:
    Fit girls tend to be in the popular crowd. Therefore they just listen to the music that everyone else listens to (which is usually what is in the media) Less popular girls don't care what everyone else is doing and they are free to like whatever music they choose. The same probably applies to lads as well, for example I am not exactly popular and I listen to rock and heavy metal because I simply like it better and I am not put off if it is not what the majority of people my age listen to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Organ)
    yeah, but it's a pretty mainstream festival - I live in Leeds and about 70% of my year goes - most of the girls that go are hardly rock queens, they just fancy going to a festival.
    Oh yeh i know what you mean, to an extent. But the majority of girls who go do have an interest in Rock music (Indie more likely tbh) but still...

The ones who don't always go to V Fest or Creamfields.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayReg)
    Found the same, I went to a disturbed concert and 95% of the girls were abit doggy.... Dont know about club music concerts though myself. Perhaps those who are less attractive tend to be less accepted in society and so relate to slighly more depressing songs. Whereas those who are attractive spend their entire lives getting on with people more easily because people find them attractive and sex is much mroe in their face, hence the more sexual/club music?
    I know this is an old post but how the literal **** can you dismiss the entire rock genre as depressing music?

Kiss - I want to rock all night
    AC DC - you shook me all night long
    thin lizzy - the boys are back in town
    motorhead - we are the road crew
    black sabbath - iron man
    muse - knights of cydonia
    Hendrix - foxy lady
    led zepelin - whole lotta love
    cream - sunshine of your love
    guns n roses - sweet child of mine
    the beatles - let it be
    Queen - crazy little thing called love

Some of the most famous and well loved rock bands of all time, and you can't really say any of them are that depressing

ReputationRep:
    Agreed, the difference between girls at indie/rock clubs compared to house is ridiculous. Once you start getting into the metal territory it's just too hard to call a gender.

People who think Leeds is a rock festival must be joking aswell. It's full of jumped up indie kids who go regardless of what acts are actually playing and the emphasis is more just on the festival experience.

ReputationRep:
    I like house now.

any fit girls?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by metalthrashin'mad)
    I know this is an old post but how the literal **** can you dismiss the entire rock genre as depressing music?

Kiss - I want to rock all night
    AC DC - you shook me all night long
    thin lizzy - the boys are back in town
    motorhead - we are the road crew
    black sabbath - iron man
    muse - knights of cydonia
    Hendrix - foxy lady
    led zepelin - whole lotta love
    cream - sunshine of your love
    guns n roses - sweet child of mine
    the beatles - let it be
    Queen - crazy little thing called love

Some of the most famous and well loved rock bands of all time, and you can't really say any of them are that depressing
    I had made a quick judgement without thinking really and as such generalised a whole genre, I still wouldnt be too suprised if the base of my point has some truth though. Thats not to say I think it is definately right.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to sound like a male here:
    But there was a girl who came to my till at work the other day, and she was the prettiest & nicest girl i'd seen in a very long time. She had piercings & tattoos, wore a band Tee-shirt, but it worked for her so well.

I think its just a generalization.

ReputationRep:
    So you go to concerts/gigs just to check out the girls?!?

That's pretty sad. So is your ignorance towards Rock music...

ReputationRep:
    I know plenty of pretty girls who listen to rock/alternative music. And the fact that they don't listen to the 'norm' in chart music shows they've got a bit of personality right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Racheld25)
    I'm going to sound like a male here:
    But there was a girl who came to my till at work the other day, and she was the prettiest & nicest girl i'd seen in a very long time. She had piercings & tattoos, wore a band Tee-shirt, but it worked for her so well.

I think its just a generalization.
    Don't worry, you don't sound male. You need to say you'd bang her or similar to sound like a guy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ollymo)
    Don't worry, you don't sound male. You need to say you'd bang her or similar to sound like a guy.
    To be fair... she was hot enough for that. I don't usually like blondes either.

ReputationRep:
    I like House and Dance music and I'm not fit...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -aimz)
    I know plenty of pretty girls who listen to rock/alternative music. And the fact that they don't listen to the 'norm' in chart music shows they've got a bit of personality right?
    Indie/Rock music is in the charts quite a bit whereas house music never is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayReg)
    I had made a quick judgement without thinking really and as such generalised a whole genre, I still wouldnt be too suprised if the base of my point has some truth though. Thats not to say I think it is definately right.
    I am gonna be honest, my entire group of friends has serious ****ing **** going down atm and the rock/metal people are the most optimistic about everything.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 21, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.