Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(A LEVELS) How much are you planning to study in the Christmas holidays? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awais590)
    How's your revision getting on then?
    not bad. i really need to pick up the pace though so that i stick by what i said when i said 'intensive'.
    i've done a lot of chemistry which was one of my poorest subjects but thanks to revising a lot for it, i think i'm going to ace it in january inshallah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qasidb)
    not bad. i really need to pick up the pace though so that i stick by what i said when i said 'intensive'.
    i've done a lot of chemistry which was one of my poorest subjects but thanks to revising a lot for it, i think i'm going to ace it in january inshallah.

nice going, i've been revising but it hasn't been 'intensive' haha, it's biology that's the pain for me, need to do some more of that.
    I'm just neglecting English, really need to focus on the sciences mostly.

yeah, good luck man. If you keep at it you'll ace it in January, insha'allah.

(Btw, what exam boards are your bio/chem on?)

ReputationRep:
    I've been studying for about 5-6 hours per day since wednesday and I intend to do so throughout the holiday. Perhaps not tomorrow, I'd very much like to but my mum would probably go ballistic if I don't at least pretend to be enjoying Christmas.

On that note, merry christmas everyone! And if you don't celebrate it, happy 25th of december anyway! :P

ReputationRep:
    Will start properly when the Christmas festivities are dying down, so probably the 27th onwards? Depends if I have things organised/staying with people etc really, not sure what plans are at the moment. I'll be revising furiously through all of January though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awais590)
    nice going, i've been revising but it hasn't been 'intensive' haha, it's biology that's the pain for me, need to do some more of that.
    I'm just neglecting English, really need to focus on the sciences mostly.

yeah, good luck man. If you keep at it you'll ace it in January, insha'allah.

(Btw, what exam boards are your bio/chem on?)
    ocr
    i also need to do biology as well - not my strongest subject.

ReputationRep:
    From Mon 13th - 16th I did like a couple of hours a day.
    Then from the 17th through until today I've been doing 5ish hours a day.
    Tomorrow and Boxing Day off (well I might read through some notes on Boxing Day whilst travelling)
    Then back up to 5/6 hours a day through until the 3rd

ReputationRep:
    Skimming through Accounts as i have near enough revised all of the 8 chapters.
    Business, meh some specific topics. But ICT, we went through hardly nothing at school so cramming it all in now. Only done 2 chapters in 4 days. /:

ReputationRep:
    I haven't started

anyone with me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinfultommy)
    Probs starting to revise full on after boxing day!
    Same here! I promised myself that after boxing day it's all going to be about maths, physics and chemistry throughout the week

ReputationRep:
    I cant bring myself to start

ReputationRep:
    Ive not done a lot of revision for my subjects (3 sciences and maths). I know most of my biology and Maths, but im only 2 weeks away from my first exams. How much should i be doing in reality, i was thinking along the lines of about 5-7 hours per day until the exam

ReputationRep:
    I'm planning on doing some intensive studying from Monday onwards - including studying through Christmas day (well I'm Muslim so I don't celebrate it anyway.)
    But anyways, what are you guys planning to do and how are you planning to do it? (Eg putting your social life on hold?)

(Btw, this only refers to those of you who have A level exams in January).
    Well i have my AS level exams in january am currently doing 4/5 hours a day Good luck with your exams in January and your revision

ReputationRep:
    Started yesterday and Mathematics + Chemistry have been going well, but English Lang/Lit is a total fail. Guess what our mock exam grades were the week before we broke up?

9 people in my class - DDEEEEEUU

To think our class predictions were like AABBBBBCC, and I was predicted an A. Exam is on the 26th.

Looks like its goodbye Elite University, hello Clearing.

ReputationRep:
    well.. i did some before christmas. Christmas eve, christmas day and yesterday ive been really ill. Went to hospital yesterday and im on 13 tablets a day!! Just for a chest infection, but im still too ill to revise. my chest is just too painful. So hopefully when i start to get better, ill be able to start again - put me at a disadvantage though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by casiogeek)
    well.. i did some before christmas. Christmas eve, christmas day and yesterday ive been really ill. Went to hospital yesterday and im on 13 tablets a day!! Just for a chest infection, but im still too ill to revise. my chest is just too painful. So hopefully when i start to get better, ill be able to start again - put me at a disadvantage though
    You aren't alone.

Got a horrible cold at the moment and it's sort of jeopardising my concentration; I try to revise but it hurts

ReputationRep:
    I am studying during the holz...me too not a Christian. Infact...my New Year is ruined too because I have an exam on the Monday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rishz)
    I need to revise so much still. I am only making revision notes but that's not actually revising.
    I'm planning to do hardcore revision after tomorrow because I have a party to go to.
    Making notes does class as revision in fact it's a very good form of revision ^^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TobeTheHero)
    Same here! I promised myself that after boxing day it's all going to be about maths, physics and chemistry throughout the week
    Aargh same here - not as much maths because I've done pretty much all I can there - but definitely bucketloads of Physics and a few lorryloads of Chemistry. Yay!

Would have started the first week of the holiday but I had the flu and couldn't concentrate at all.

ReputationRep:
    so what? you're saying muslims should even celebrate hanukkah because we believe in moses?

muslims don't even believe that jesus was born on the 25th of december so why should we celebrate it? we don't even celebrate our own prophet's birth (muhammed (saw)), so why should we celebrate another prophet's birth on a day we don't even believe is correct?

we've got eid - 2 of them in fact, i don't see why we should celebrate another religion's celebration.

you don't see a christain celebrating eid.

Just for info Jesus wasn't (most likely) born on the 25th of December. No one know the date he was born. The 25th of December is just a man made date.

ReputationRep:
    Havent actually started yet despite the fact I have 4 exams which I need at least 4 B's in. ooops

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.