Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What’s something you know you do differently than most people? Watch

I use extensions on google chrome lol

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Aantttt)
      hi5!

I tend to pull trolleys behind me in supermarkets, as opposed to pushing them in front like everyone else

hmm I've never thought about doing that before.... what if you get run over by your own trolley... it would be pretty embarrassing

ReputationRep:
      I don't drink tea or coffee despite being a civil servant.

(Original post by meatzaper)
        hmm I've never thought about doing that before.... what if you get run over by your own trolley... it would be pretty embarrassing
        lol yh thats jokes

ReputationRep:
        i dont have sex with my partner

ReputationRep:
        I speak Irish

(Original post by J4M1ExIRE)
          I speak Irish
          In that accent you mean

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by blueray)
          In that accent you mean
          Nope its an actual language spoken by not very many people in the west of Ireland. I live in the near Belfast in the east but learned the language since 1st year in secondary school along with the rest of the year and now am doin it for GCSE. About 60 people took it for GCSE in our year.

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by yahyahyahs)
          I eat with my fork in my right hand and the knife in my left. Other people I know tend to hold them the other way round. I guess I like to claw at my food like a child rather than cut it neatly.

I do this tooo

(Original post by J4M1ExIRE)
            Nope its an actual language spoken by not very many people in the west of Ireland. I live in the near Belfast in the east but learned the language since 1st year in secondary school along with the rest of the year and now am doin it for GCSE. About 60 people took it for GCSE in our year.
            U serious tell me some words then

ReputationRep:
            (Original post by blueray)
            U serious tell me some words then
            Ta me i mo chonai in ait galanta darb ainm Eire ag an bhomaite agus is brea liom e - I live in a lovely place called Ireland at the minute and i love it

Its my second language btw and i couldn't speak a word before i came to secondary school

ReputationRep:
            (Original post by Lewroll)
            The only reason it sounds odd to you is because you are used to hearing 'arsed'. The same reason 'arsed' sounds odd to me, because ive only ever heard 'asked'.
            It sounds weird to me because there is no other phrase where 'arse' is used as a verb, whereas 'ask' is much more common in use as a verb.
            'Can't be arsed' means nothing in english and I wouldnt be surprised if the lexical change occured from pronounciation or perhaps being misheard. Or i may be completely wrong lol. Asked just seems to make more sense to me, hey every one says it in london
            I am from up north but moved to London and I always (stupidly) assumed that when you guys say 'can't be asked' you were actually saying arsed but in your accent. I've lived here for 6 years now so you think I'd have got it by now! lol. No-one understands anything I say in London because of my accent and the slang I use, kinda makes life difficult lol.

ReputationRep:
            (Original post by rawwwwr!)
            Well, apparently putting butter on your pasta makes you a FREAK.
            :O Noooooooooooooooooo way, I think it's delicious!

When I have pizza, I eat all the crust first and then the actual pizza.

If I'm with two or more other people at the cinema, I have to sit in the middle as I hate sitting next to people I don't know.

When I stop reading a book, it has to be on a chapter that isn't a prime number or divisible by (just) a prime number or two - e.g. I can stop on 20, 21, 24 or 25, 28 or 30, but not 22, 23, 26, 27 or 29. It's really hard to explain and I didn't even realise the prime number thing till I started writing it down now!

I eat milky ways really, really weirdly. :\

ReputationRep:
            The way I pull my bar.

ReputationRep:
            I read a couple of chapters of a book, then skip to the end and read the last chapter before going back to where I was.

I do the same with films too,watch the first half an hour, see how it ends, then skip back. Annoys the hell out of everyone else around me. I guess I like seeing how they reach the conclusion, so if I know I can see where it's going. I try not to spoil it for others though ;-)

ReputationRep:
            when i eat food, i regurgitate it and eat it agian. and again. and again...

ReputationRep:
            (Original post by ilovemykitten)
            when i make tea, the milk has to be around 1/10 of the overall liquid

when i make toast, i like to waive it around a bit, to make sure it's not too hot - otherwise when i put the butter on (spread evenly, to the edges), it goes soggy

i like to portion my different bits of food so for example when having sausages and mash, i'll make sure i have enough and equal amounts of mash to go with every bit of sausage lol

flicking light switches

having everything in order of date in my folders, and in plastic wallets

constancy - for example, for my politics course, for every topic i have 1. Lecture notes, 2. My notes, 3. Essential reading notes, 4. Extra reading notes - and i have to keep this order for all of them, otherwise i get really annoyed, if say for example, there are no lecture notes

everything has to be symmetrical and even, i dont like odd bits of stuff sticking out, or for example books being tilted on my shelf... Also it really annoys me if say, my boyfriend and i are having dinner, and he grabs a plate with a different design to mine

that's some of it.

A lot of ocd....
            i want to be you!!!!!

ReputationRep:
            I make scrambled eggs in the microwave - not as nice as on the hob but it is quick and easy.

One thing that I do that I never realised was kind of idiosyncratic until people mentioned it is that when I have a cigarette, I always get a cigarette out and light it one-handed - I sort of flick the packet open and pick one out with my teeth. Don't ask me why - I think I just developed the habit from smoking whilst driving or drinking tea.

ReputationRep:
            i can write with both my hands

ReputationRep:
            (Original post by laura loo)
            I read a couple of chapters of a book, then skip to the end and read the last chapter before going back to where I was.

I do the same with films too,watch the first half an hour, see how it ends, then skip back. Annoys the hell out of everyone else around me. I guess I like seeing how they reach the conclusion, so if I know I can see where it's going. I try not to spoil it for others though ;-)
            Nooooo! How can you do that? It's sacrilege!

Whenever I see anyone turning to the back of a book, I'm like "what are you doing?! You've ruined it forever..."

I guess I enjoy re-watching films as I know where they're leading to, and can spot things I missed the first time. But not even watching it all the way through the first time?! :zomg:

I guess your just saving time not having to re-watch it

I want to watch some of my favourite films now, seeing as it's Christmas and all. I wonder where 'The Incredibles' and 'Kill Bill' are :cool:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
          Useful resources
        • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
          Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.