Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why does everyone hate the BNP? im not an indigeonous brit... Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by de_monies)
    Also, if it does ever become one then the likelihood is that the gov't wil be governed like Turkey, Dubai or Pakistan
    You think we'd like military dictatorship? It's generally a bad idea to presume those who you're discussing with know absolutely nothing about the world... and think Pakistan is a well run country.

Turkey is full of Turks, and we ain't got any Turks here so that doesn't apply. It's arguable whether Turkish military-backed government is the kind we'd want to aspire to though.

Dubai ... made out of a **** ton of oil and has a small population enjoying the fruits of immigrant labour; not comparable to any other country except those other countries made of **** tons of hydrocarbons.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Mysterious Lord)
    Oh I don't know, Muslim extremists left to preach hatred on the streets of London PROTECTED by police while English protesters are branded racists and arrested. A Church of England school in Blackburn is to become an Islamic faith school as 95% of pupils there are Muslim. Mosques are given preferential treatment over other buildings by planning departments, historic Grade I listed buildings being converted into Islamic boarding schools, Christmas being renamed 'Winterval' in Birmingham to avoid offending the Muslims.

Seriously, it's obvious we Brits can offend but not be offended, the double standards shown by the Police and government is nothing short of disgraceful. Neg this post all you want but it's true :mad:
    I wouldn't worry. It may seem muslims are becoming a dominant force up north, but a secular british gov will always remain.

The white indigenous only have two options really; vote at the polling station or vote with their passport and set up home on the other side of the world.

ReputationRep:
    And what evidence is there that it is becoming a Muslim country? Also, if it does ever become one then the likelihood is that the gov't wil be governed like Turkey, Dubai or Pakistan
    britain won't become an islamic state. The islamic nations wil be destroyed before that ever happens.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twl)
    You think we'd like military dictatorship? It's generally a bad idea to presume those who you're discussing with know absolutely nothing about the world... and think Pakistan is a well run country.

Turkey is full of Turks, and we ain't got any Turks here so that doesn't apply. It's arguable whether Turkish military-backed government is the kind we'd want to aspire to though.

Dubai ... made out of a **** ton of oil and has a small population enjoying the fruits of immigrant labour; not comparable to any other country except those other countries made of **** tons of hydrocarbons.
    I was arguing that it would be Islamic(if it ever would) in the more liberal sense. A nice example would be Malaysia then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesman13)
    whatever, im not a christian but my family came to a christian country with traditions from 2000 years of christianity. i dont want to see it become a muslim country. if the christians become atheists, and celebrate xmas just as a cultural thing - then thats evolution.
    How is this logical ? If its ok for the country to become more athiest, but its not ok if it becomes more muslim ? Surely, both doctrines move away from the roots of your definition of english civilization which is founded on the bedrock of Christianity ? What amazing double standards exist in your argument.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phantom_X)
    How is this logical ? If its ok for the country to become more athiest, but its not ok if it becomes more muslim ? Surely, both doctrines move away from the roots of your definition of english civilization which is founded on the bedrock of Christianity ? What amazing double standards exist in your argument.
    if christians become atheists and we become an atheist country we wont forget our countrys roots, still celebrate xmas and british history. becoming an atheist is a sign of progression and advancement. if it becomes muslim, not though conversion but by immigration, it will be going either backwards or horizontal and in addition to that, britain will have its unique character completely changed

ReputationRep:
    if the BNP get into power they'll ethnically cleanse britain of coloured people, but at least they may be compensated and will move to a part of the world they may still feel at home as its their origin.

if the BNP dont, britain will be ethnically cleansed of white people, but white people wont be compensated, are more likely to face more competition for jobs for people who'll do it for less, and will be forced into living in a society they have nothing incommon with anyone and dont fit in.

whats worse?

in the 80s if you voted BNP you were racist because coloured people lived amongst whites without making white people feel like they dont fit in, and even assimilated into british culture.

nick clegg worked for Survival International, a charity which protects the culture, the way of life and the land of indigeonous peoples such as the aboriginals in australia, and the amazonian tribes. why doesnt he care about the culture of the indigeonous british people, which I, as a Pole 3 generations ago, assimilated into?

SOMEBODY is gonna be ethnically cleansed. immigrants are coming in too high numbers to be able to to integrate and seculalrlise. if they integrated into BRITISH SOCIETY and secularised everything would be ok
    Are you retarded? And the 13 people who liked your post as well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Mysterious Lord)
    Oh I don't know, Muslim extremists left to preach hatred on the streets of London PROTECTED by police while English protesters are branded racists and arrested. A Church of England school in Blackburn is to become an Islamic faith school as 95% of pupils there are Muslim. Mosques are given preferential treatment over other buildings by planning departments, historic Grade I listed buildings being converted into Islamic boarding schools, Christmas being renamed 'Winterval' in Birmingham to avoid offending the Muslims.

Seriously, it's obvious we Brits can offend but not be offended, the double standards shown by the Police and government is nothing short of disgraceful. Neg this post all you want but it's true :mad:

EDIT: Oh yes, the creeping spread of Halal meat in pretty much every supermarket and takeaway and racist Muslim-on-White attacks dismissed as not being racist by the police (oh how different this would be the other way round).
    So in other words Daily Mail scare stories?

ReputationRep:
    if christians become atheists and we become an atheist country we wont forget our countrys roots, still celebrate xmas and british history. becoming an atheist is a sign of progression and advancement. if it becomes muslim, not though conversion but by immigration, it will be going either backwards or horizontal and in addition to that, britain will have its unique character completely changed
    In Muslim county's, Christians and atheists still celebrate Christmas. I don't see your point. In Dubai, alcohol is sold to any one who isn't a Muslim

ReputationRep:
    I was arguing that it would be Islamic(if it ever would) in the more liberal sense. A nice example would be Malaysia then
    Malaysia's not liberal - not any more if it ever was. Federal Court decided Muslims are not allowed to convert and leaders of minority groups are getting arrested for demonstrating.

ReputationRep:
    you can't blame muslims for the decline of the christian faith in the uk. You cannot blame muslims for the derelict churches. Sure we will all still celebrate christmas... bit of turkey and a good ole piss up, but that is just cultural rather than anything remotely religous.

as you said, 'becoming an atheist is a sign of progression and advancement' and the christians have done this by rejecting parts of their fundamental beliefs to accomodate modern day issues. We are perhaps expecting muslims to do the same, thought I think it is unlikely to happen; rather they will go the other way and become more dependent on their religous beliefs (this is what causes the problem of integration and the clashing to two cultures)... Will we in an atheist, secular society be able to enforce our views on others or will it remain a society where everyone is free to believe in what they wish.

ReputationRep:
    You can disagree with that. Atheism isn't new. It's been around all history and many countries in which atheism has dominated have been spectacular failures.

Thing is, immigration isn't needed, and they're still coming through the open back-door of EU membership. The EU states are a fishing net... once they get that EU passport, immigrants can move from their EU state stepping stone to UK for all the benefits. To solve immigration we need a party to take us out of the EU.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Benammieh)
    Yeah so those who complain should go back. Might be easier said then done but we're kind of sick with all these radical muslims causing trouble!
    Lol at how your sig says "R.I.P Michael Jackson... I love you <3" indicating you're a Michael Jackson fan, one of the biggest helper of the needy to have ever lived, someone who didn't have a racist bone in his body and constantly worked to try and get people to live in harmony and you just came out with that.

I found that quite funny tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bunty64)
    you can't blame muslims for the decline of the christian faith in the uk. You cannot blame muslims for the derelict churches. Sure we will all still celebrate christmas... bit of turkey and a good ole piss up, but that is just cultural rather than anything remotely religous.

as you said, 'becoming an atheist is a sign of progression and advancement' and the christians have done this by rejecting parts of their fundamental beliefs to accomodate modern day issues. We are perhaps expecting muslims to do the same, thought I think it is unlikely to happen; rather they will go the other way and become more dependent on their religous beliefs (this is what causes the problem of integration and the clashing to two cultures)... Will we in an atheist, secular society be able to enforce our views on others or will it remain a society where everyone is free to believe in what they wish.
    Among indigenous Brits Atheists have very low birthrates while Christians breed above replacement level.

In the long term, Atheism has no future here, although it's currently making a lot of noise because of the misconception that science and atheism are linked, whereas that's not true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twl)
    Among indigenous Brits Atheists have very low birthrates while Christians breed above replacement level.

In the long term, Atheism has no future here, although it's currently making a lot of noise because of the misconception that science and atheism are linked, whereas that's not true.
    Misconception that current birthrates and future beliefs are linked?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twl)

I see christianity fading significantly over the next few decades what with the pick and mix culture of english christianity and the whole trinity concept/creation of new gods (simon cowell/cher/cherly cole/dawkins etc)...

Why doesn't atheism/agnosticism have a place in british society?

ReputationRep:
    britain doesn't have the power to hang onto its british bulldog identity of the past. The british identity which certain english nationalists are pining for went with the loss of the empire after ww2.... the world has changed greatly since then and shall continue to do so.... can't do much to stop it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twl)

I don't think so. The popularity of Atheism has very little to do with the birth rates of British Atheists.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DorianGrayism)
    I don't think so. The popularity of Atheism has very little to do with the birth rates of British Atheists.
    That's what they always say. If it was true the whole world would have been atheist a long time ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bunty64)
    I see christianity fading significantly over the next few decades what with the pick and mix culture of english christianity and the whole trinity concept/creation of new gods (simon cowell/cher/cherly cole/dawkins etc)...

Why doesn't atheism/agnosticism have a place in british society?
    Not saying anything has a place in British society. I'm not saying Christianity has anything to do with Britain... Christianity is Christianity.

Your "new gods" is new entertainment aristocracy. Roman empire had its famous gladiators, we have our equivalent. Nothing new.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 7, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.