Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why is it when "black" people excell in something they tend to be actually mix raced Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lewroll)
    That was before it occcured to me that you might be good looking, and there was a good chance we could :perv: if i was nice to you and we ended up going to the same university

Lol im joking of course.
    i swear i was about to say
    he is only defending her to get something out of it
    how do you know shes good looking
    would you consider a non white girl to be too

ReputationRep:
    *sigh*

One-drop rule comes to mind anyway

ReputationRep:
    Well for a start, does lewis hamilton or obama look more white or black, u may say 50-50 but what about if a white girl has a black dad and a white mother, is she mixed-raced.... she may be but everyone will refer her as white. this particular girl is in my school and she doesnt mind when people think she's white coz that's her skin color. so if she excelled in a sport where no black person has excelled in, i bet they will refer her as white and not black due to her skin color. i hope u get what u mean?

anyways, i think everyone looks at their skin color and then makes a judgement about whether their black or white

just my opinion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sixthformer)
    lol
    it does damadge society
    you get high divorce rates
    people cheating on each other
    sexually transmitted diseases
    loss of wanting to partake in a long term and trustful relationship
    open your eyes.
    No, it doesn't. Some married couples agree and partake in those kind of things together. It all depends on the relationship. Some people have open relationships. If people go behind their partner's back, they'd do it anyway and that's their fault, it can't be blamed on the fact that consenting sex is allowed.

Why are you debating my views on consensual sex anyway? This is meant to be about mixed race people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    Playerrrrrrrr. :cool:

Haha this smiley :perv: is epic.
    what do you look like
    =/ leme c

ReputationRep:
    i swear i was about to say
    he is only defending her to get something out of it
    how do you know shes good looking
    would you consider a non white girl to be too
    you obviously didnt see the bit where i said i was joking, so i will write it again

I WAS JOKING

ReputationRep:
    what do you look like
    =/ leme c
    I'm not putting up a picture of myself, people may hunt me down. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    No, it doesn't. Some married couples agree and partake in those kind of things together. It all depends on the relationship. Some people have open relationships. If people go behind their partner's back, they'd do it anyway and that's their fault, it can't be blamed on the fact that consenting sex is allowed.

Why are you debating my views on consensual sex anyway? This is meant to be about mixed race people.
    i can't impose my views on you, i am only just adding premise to what i logically see as being moral.
    you can believe what you want,
    it won't be of a loss or benifit to me anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    I'm not putting up a picture of myself, people may hunt me down. :eek:
    how does he know what you look like

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Warrior King)
    And how about Pele, Muhammad Ali, Malcolm X, Nelson Mandela, Martin Luther King, Michael Jackson (yes he was black), Sam Cooke, Louis Armstrong, James Brown, Jimi Hendrix, Mike Tyson, Sugar Ray Robinson, Sugar Ray Leonard, Joe Louis, Michael Jordan, Lebron James, Kobe Bryant, Kareem Abdul-Jabar, Shaquille O' Neil, Eddie Murphy, Oprah Winfrey, Whoopi Goldberg, Morgan Freeman, Denzel Washington, Don Cheadle, Will Smith, Usain Bolt, Linford Christie, Condeleeza Rice, Don King, George Foreman, Magic Johnson......................... ..............

They all excelled in their respective fields and low and behold they were black!

Your argument just blew up in your face.

P.S. You spelt Barrack Obama wrong.
    Nice post. Just for the record, Jimi Hendrix wasn't black.

ReputationRep:
    i can't impose my views on you, i am only just adding premise to what i logically see as being moral.
    you can believe what you want,
    it won't be of a loss or benifit to me anyway
    So we agree to disagree...there we go then.

ReputationRep:
    I guess you can't read big font either.

ReputationRep:
    I dont. I know what you look like though

Your picture is all over the internet, you should really complain to someone about that.

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to see you say that to Usain Bolt's face.

ReputationRep:
    He doesn't, unless he saw my old pic. I used to have one before the layout changed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No Man)
    I guess you can't read big font either.
    Maybe trolls have bad eyesight.

ReputationRep:
    'Black' isn't a race. It's a skin colour. Same for white. 'African-American' would be a race, or 'Caucasian', and those races have skin colours which go along with them. But you could be mixed-race and have black skin, hence you would be mixed-race and black.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    He doesn't, unless he saw my old pic. I used to have one before the layout changed.
    I wasnt on tsr when they had the old layout. I only joined in october

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lewroll)
    Maybe trolls have bad eyesight.
    Well that must be why they don't acknowledge posts that prove them wrong.

ReputationRep:
    This thread stinks of ignorance.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.