The Student Room Group

OCR Salters F334 Chemistry of Materials (26/01/2011)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xPixie
I can never seem to get those % questions :frown:

I just do as much as I physically can tbh.
what a convoluted paper.

PLEASE TELL ME THE FUNCTIONAL GROUPS WERE ALKENE AND AMIDE!!!!

Some of the questions were soooo weird, but some were so easy. So confused on how that went!
Reply 182
Are we allowed to discuss?
Reply 183
It was solid.
Original post by Darthdevidem
what a convoluted paper.

PLEASE TELL ME THE FUNCTIONAL GROUPS WERE ALKENE AND AMIDE!!!!

Some of the questions were soooo weird, but some were so easy. So confused on how that went!

Yup indeedy! I but oate in there too, because I'm an idiot.

What did everyone get the the last 4 mark question on the calculation? I got 0.792g.

And I got mol-3dm9s-1, and 12 for that rate reaction question.

But that colorimetry question was a gift!
Reply 185
Original post by ABCDemily

What did everyone get the the last 4 mark question on the calculation? I got 0.792g.

I got mol^-3 dm^6 s^-1 and 12 as k.

I got 0.792 g though.

Amide and alkene were the two functional groups.

Yeah got same as you for both!!

What did you guys get for the bit where it said, "how are cross links formed with side chain alkenes and name the reaction"

I was like WTF!!!! I said Addition!

Also on the zwitterion did you have two NH3+ on it or did you just make one of the NH2 a NH3+?!?!?
Reply 187
So very lame that whole paper.. I got alkene, ketone :P
Everyone seemed to say 0.792 and 12 were the answers but i got 1.something and 10000 rofl!
Very very annoying paper.
Original post by AllUnits

I got 0.792 g though.

Hmmm, half the people in my exam got mine, the other half got yours. All shall be revealed soon enough I think. It could have been worse, I'll give it that.
Reply 189
I ****ed up the calculations as per usual but no surprise there :smile::smile:
Reply 190
same here, mine were totally spazzed. Hopefully get marks for method though :P It's normally when i do the final calculation at the end I always put it into my calculater wrong ¬_¬...

Cross linking was the killing blow for me :s-smilie:!..
Reply 191
Original post by SamEmery
same here, mine were totally spazzed. Hopefully get marks for method though :P It's normally when i do the final calculation at the end I always put it into my calculater wrong ¬_¬...

saaame the only reason i put addition for the first one was because the next question said that it had a higher atom economy, and i think addition has a 100% atom economy so...
Original post by AllUnits

I got 0.792 g though.

Everything the exact same as you.

That cross linking quetion was so effing convoluted.

Anyway I hope the grade boundaries are low, from responses so far it seems its been a tough exam for everyone.
Reply 194
i just said it was copolymerisation as I has literally no clue aha.. And for the second I think I put condensation reaction which would account for a lower atom economy
Original post by Cinamon
saaame the only reason i put addition for the first one was because the next question said that it had a higher atom economy, and i think addition has a 100% atom economy so...

Same here. Initially I put condensation, then changed to addition.
Reply 196
How low can the grade boundary go lol, I need it lowwwwww...
Reply 197
completely screwed this up :frown: .
can you get half marks? cause i seem to have "nearly" got the answer so many times but not quite ha. like for the rate constant i got the mol and dm bit right, but forgot to put in per second. if all of that was 1 mark, would iget half a mark? cause i nearly got it right!
Reply 198
Original post by smj14
completely screwed this up :frown: .
can you get half marks? cause i seem to have "nearly" got the answer so many times but not quite ha. like for the rate constant i got the mol and dm bit right, but forgot to put in per second. if all of that was 1 mark, would iget half a mark? cause i nearly got it right!

no you can't get half marks :frown:
Same here. Initially I put condensation, then changed to addition.

How low can the grade boundary go lol, I need it lowwwwww...

loooool I just realised I put addition in the 1st part. Then in the atom economy part I said rearrangement reaction.

Oh god what a screw up. Still that was only 1 mark and hopefully I'll get the mark for saying all atoms in reactants are present in products.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending