Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

TSRBC -- January '11 Watch

• View Poll Results: What book do you want TSR to read?
    24.44%
    The Book Thief
    17.78%
    A Case of Exploding Mangoes
    4.44%
    The Handmaid's Tale
    2.22%
    Heart of Darkness
    33.33%
    To The Lighthouse
    4.44%
    Villette
    2.22%
    A Thousand Splendid Suns
    8.89%
    The Killing Jar
    0%
    The Pillowman
    2.22%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BookWormShanti)
    x
    I'm sorry to have to ask this (slightly).

Did you ever make Ron kiss Harry?

All HP fanfic makes Ron kiss Harry.

Spoiler:
    Show
    or should do...

I'm sorry, but no Then again, I speak as a girl who grew up dressing in Urgency (*what I used to call Regency*) dresses and pretending to be Mary (they always made me marry while they were Lizzie and Jane) with my older sisters (now 24 & 25), when other kids were watching loony tunes or playing with Barbies. I'll admit they might not be well written but I just adore them. Whenever I am upset, I watch the BBC Pride and Prejudice and immediately feel better I am also a girl currently happily watching Enchanted...

I was beginning to be worried I had found my literary twin as we were agreeing over everything... However, clearly not! Dickens is wonderful! Brilliant, brilliant story teller and amazing characters. I'm reading Great Expectations atm.

Along the creative writing front, kind of. I used to write a lot of HP fanfic (:ninja:) but I've written a couple of short stories recently. Wanted to do nanowrimo but didn't have a good idea!

Also, love the new recommendations! (NOT ahhhh)
      ****! I missed Pride and Prejudice today! :cry2:

EDIT: My bad, it's on "Yesterday" tomorrow 10am to 4pm (1 hour intervals).

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Potiron)
      Very Freudian.
      Nah. Freud was denounced as a quack, and most of his theories were later proved wrong. Now, someone like Noam Chomsky, his theories were **** solid.

(Original post by Le Masquerador.)
      Men are not confusing so don't you start thinking you have an intricate mind :cool:
      Even though we do :cool: We can think of three things simultaneously.

(Original post by draconia_93)
      I do. Haven't written anything substantial in a long while (just random little pieces and poems), but I'm trying to get back into writing again. What about yourself?
      Hoping to find a publisher this Christmas for poetry. Hoping, also, to get back into writing short stories.

It's very exciting. Creative writing. Though I have the tendency to write in the style of whoever I'm reading at that time We can motivate each other! No ****ing idea how! But we must!

Along the creative writing front, kind of. I used to write a lot of HP fanfic (:ninja:) but I've written a couple of short stories recently. Wanted to do nanowrimo but didn't have a good idea!
      I also really wanted to do nanowrimo....

You must show us the fanfic :teeth:

Spoiler:
      Show
      we all know that harry and hermione should've got together.

Also, love the new recommendations! (NOT ahhhh)
      Secretly your heart yearns for Chick Literature.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Potiron)
      I'm sorry to have to ask this (slightly).

Did you ever make Ron kiss Harry?

All HP fanfic makes Ron kiss Harry.

Spoiler:
      Show
      [SIZE="1"]or should do...[/SIZE]
      Sadly, no. I wrote a couple of marauder fics, a fic about Bellatrix, Andromeda and Cissy Black and a next gen fic but no slash I do have a friend who wrote (and reads) extensively about Harry kissing Draco, Sirius kissing James, Snape kissing Remus and Merlin and Arthur (from Merlin) kissing, if that makes up for it

(Original post by im so academic)
      ****! I missed Pride and Prejudice today! :cry2:

EDIT: My bad, it's on "Yesterday" tomorrow 10am to 4pm (1 hour intervals).
      Really? WOW!
      I will not watch. I will not watch. I should no more productive things. I do not need to watch.
      Why did you tell me this? I have wasted enough days!

ReputationRep:
      Really? WOW!
      I will not watch. I will not watch. I should no more productive things. I do not need to watch.
      Why did you tell me this? I have wasted enough days!
      If it's the Keira Knightley one you would be better off shooting yourself on the foot.

Although judging by the length, it probably isn't.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by spacepirate-James)
      I also really wanted to do nanowrimo....

You must show us the fanfic :teeth:

Spoiler:
      Show
      we all know that harry and hermione should've got together.

Secretly your heart yearns for Chick Literature.
      No way! Safe to say it is probably very bad, it just helped me learn how to structure and story and keep at it.

To quote JKR
      Well I think anyone who is still shipping Harry/Hermione after this book...they need to go back and re-read, I think.
      I don't always agree with her.. but I do on this
      I think Jane Austen is an ample outlet for all my chicklit yearning...
      What's your poetry like?

ReputationRep:
      If it's the Keira Knightley one you would be better off shooting yourself on the foot.

Although judging by the length, it probably isn't.
      No, it is the six hour long Collin firth one. I do have slightly better taste than you presume

ReputationRep:
      Hoping to find a publisher this Christmas for poetry. Hoping, also, to get back into writing short stories.

It's very exciting. Creative writing. Though I have the tendency to write in the style of whoever I'm reading at that time We can motivate each other! No ****ing idea how! But we must!
      Yay, motivation! :woo: I want to write something, but I'm so out of practise it's stopping me doing anything. Doesn't help that I was told I wasn't good enough to do creative writing for Advanced Higher, bit demotivating that. :cry2: I love writing short stories more than poetry, so hopefully I can get round to writing something.

Hope your successful with finding a publisher. Who knows, it might be your work we end up reading on here. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
      No way! Safe to say it is probably very bad, it just helped me learn how to structure and story and keep at it.

To quote JKR

I don't always agree with her.. but I do on this
      I think Jane Austen is an ample outlet for all my chicklit yearning...
      What's your poetry like?
      if you do, i'll make you a group moderator

hehehe.

my poetry is okay-ish. nothing rhyming, mostly free verse and 'modern'

Yay, motivation! :woo: I want to write something, but I'm so out of practise it's stopping me doing anything. Doesn't help that I was told I wasn't good enough to do creative writing for Advanced Higher, bit demotivating that. :cry2: I love writing short stories more than poetry, so hopefully I can get round to writing something.

Hope your successful with finding a publisher. Who knows, it might be your work we end up reading on here. :ninja:
      you couldn't take CW at AH? that's major suckish :mob:

that's half the fun with AHEnglish.

ReputationRep:
      No, it is the six hour long Collin firth one. I do have slightly better taste than you presume
      I'm sure your taste is great judging by your love of dickens

I've just got started on David Copperfield, I'm hoping it will be a good read since I'm getting reading withdrawl atm.

Btw, I though harry/hermione should have ended together, I was just never a big fan of ginny :dontknow:

ReputationRep:

hehehe.

Would you share??

ReputationRep:

hehehe.

If I do what? (I'm obviously stupid, but I'm confused) Well, that sounds kind of cool... want to pm some? I have an insatiable curiosity, it's one of my worst faults

x
      Oh God, not another one....
      I do agree on the Ginny front though - JKR didn't give her enough of a role, I think.
      David Copperfield was my first Dickens (if you don't count ACC) and is my favourite, largely for that reason That and Micawber, who rocks!

ReputationRep:
      If I do what? (I'm obviously stupid, but I'm confused) Well, that sounds kind of cool... want to pm some? I have an insatiable curiosity, it's one of my worst faults
      post some fanfic

i'll show you mine, if you show me yours

ReputationRep:
      you couldn't take CW at AH? that's major suckish :mob:

that's half the fun with AHEnglish.
      I know, I was gutted. I have to do Textual Analysis now. :grumble: Much rather be writing stories than lengthy essays. Guess you got the choice to do the better option? Lucky you!

ReputationRep:
      I know, I was gutted. I have to do Textual Analysis now. :grumble: Much rather be writing stories than lengthy essays. Guess you got the choice to do the better option? Lucky you!
      aye, but you don't need creative writing.

we have basically one period each term :nothing: far too little.

not to mention that it's pretty much whatever gets the grades. bang in some imagery and hey presto! A.

i'm quite jealous of the textual analysts, they get to study literary theory. which is one of my nerdy pursuits :ninja:

ReputationRep:

Oh God, not another one....
      I do agree on the Ginny front though - JKR didn't give her enough of a role, I think.
      David Copperfield was my first Dickens (if you don't count ACC) and is my favourite, largely for that reason That and Micawber, who rocks!
      Funnily enough, David Copperfield is on tv tomorrow :gah:

ReputationRep:
      aye, but you don't need creative writing.

we have basically one period each term :nothing: far too little.

not to mention that it's pretty much whatever gets the grades. bang in some imagery and hey presto! A.

i'm quite jealous of the textual analysts, they get to study literary theory. which is one of my nerdy pursuits :ninja:
      Haha, we'll swap then! Our teacher was saying it was hard to get good grades for creative writing, and therefore most of us aren't doing it. Textual analysis is pretty :eek: We haven't been doing much of it yet, but I bet we'll get swamped with it pretty soon. Suppose it'll be really helpful if I - shock horror - want to study it (and History) at uni. I know, I'm mad.

post some fanfic

:awesome:

ReputationRep:
        post some fanfic

Ok. Just for you...

"I love you." Harry declared, caressing Hermione's cheek.
        "I love you too." she moaned, as she ran her hands over his well-defined abs. "Interested in making some magic together?"
        "My wand is at the ready," he replied, as he threw her onto the bed.
        That do you?
        Spoiler:
        Show

oh god, that hurt me just to write!

Let's see yours now :sexface:

ReputationRep:
        Funnily enough, David Copperfield is on tv tomorrow :gah:
        Is it the one with mini Daniel Raddcliffe?

Submit reply
      TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2011
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.