Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jus-mi)
    this is what happens when your too fast to say something...first of all he said storm 2 not the first one!! and secondly you say the bold 9700 is better but yet practically everyone whose had it has sent it back for one problem or the other....:rolleyes:
    I am referring to the Storm 2. Both the Storm and Storm 2 were and are atrocious phones, awful battery life, awful everything. They both got horrible reviews across the board and their user reviews are even worse. I have never heard of the Bold having major issues and I'm fairly clued up in the mobile phone space. Then again it wouldn't surprise me RIM don't make well designed phone, hardware or software wise.

ReputationRep:
    I got one cos it has the features I need on it and it was the recommended phone by the store manager, it is cheap for the minutes/texts/internet it comes with.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who complains about everyone having a blackberry is either 'trying' to be different or poor

ReputationRep:
    Now I want a BB Pin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skaterkid)
    Anyone who complains about everyone having a blackberry is either 'trying' to be different or poor
    ahhaha
    Most people I know that were "against blackberrys" ended up buying one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    This post is full of lol.

1. You hate following the crowd yet you bought an iPhone :facepalm2:
    2. You were stupid enough to buy a BB storm :facepalm2:
    3. You think the Storm is the best BB, it's quite frankly one of the worst phones released in the last few years. Total flop, RIM has abandoned it.

4. Yes on a GOOD touchscreen.

To close the Storm is a joke of a touchscreen phone, if you're going to go BB at least go to what they're good at, i.e. the Bold 9700.
    So I have been contemplating whether to reply to your post (which is full of utter bull****) properly and let you know where your wrong..

But to be honest I can't be asked to waste another few seconds wasting my time on you. Lol.

ReputationRep:
    Its becuase they want to "Fit In" becuase they are social sheeps who want to get on the BBM hype.
    BBm is pretty silly as nowadays most people have LOADS of free texts a month anyways.

Its a bit like why people buy iPods when there are better, cheaper devices on the market
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JmJtr)
    So I have been contemplating whether to reply to your post (which is full of utter bull****) properly and let you know where your wrong..

But to be honest I can't be asked to waste another few seconds wasting my time on you. Lol.
    Could that be because you have no argument. The fact is the Storm 2 is a joke compared to any decent touchscreen phone released in the last 2 years. Even the iPhone 3G is better and thats almost 3 years old.

ReputationRep:
    I can't answer the question but I really wish they wouldn't bother? I wish I hadn't bothered getting a BlackBerry. I started using BlackBerry in August this year. Since then I'm on my 3rd one at the moment and I'm pretty sure that's on its way out... I've had a Storm and 2 Curves.

To be honest with you they're not worth the hassle. :rolleyes: -EDIT- THIS IS JUST MY EXPERIENCE. Clearly others have had better experiences. I guess I just want to put my phone through a lot more than others and BlackBerry can't take my abuse!

I need a phone that can take a little use n' abuse... and a BlackBerry is NOT it.

You can put a Nokia through a washing machine and it'll work. Drop a BlackBerry a couple of times and it'll break.

Most unamused. I'll be getting something else in spite of my contract very soon I would think. Probably a Nokia or a HTC Android beast of some kind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    Could that be because you have no argument. The fact is the Storm 2 is a joke compared to any decent touchscreen phone released in the last 2 years. Even the iPhone 3G is better and thats almost 3 years old.
    YES! I mean come on it's not even really a touch screen is it? I don't know how to describe it... they might as well not have bothered.

(Original post by Lukely)
      I can't answer the question but I really wish they wouldn't bother? I wish I hadn't bothered getting a BlackBerry. I started using BlackBerry in August this year. Since then I'm on my 3rd one at the moment and I'm pretty sure that's on its way out... I've had a Storm and 2 Curves.

To be honest with you they're not worth the hassle. :rolleyes: -EDIT- THIS IS JUST MY EXPERIENCE. Clearly others have had better experiences. I guess I just want to put my phone through a lot more than others and BlackBerry can't take my abuse!

I need a phone that can take a little use n' abuse... and a BlackBerry is NOT it.

You can put a Nokia through a washing machine and it'll work. Drop a BlackBerry a couple of times and it'll break.

Most unamused. I'll be getting something else in spite of my contract very soon I would think. Probably a Nokia or a HTC Android beast of some kind.
      You really need to start looking after your phones better if you judge them by whether they can survive going through the wash

ReputationRep:
      Blackberrys are bog standard smartphones, in truth. for people who prefer QWERTY, then OK it's worth getting. but Blackberrys don't have as many apps available, or at least RIM don't advertise their apps store as much as Apple and the Android carriers do.

If most school kids got iPhones, Samsungs, or HTCs, then good on them. lol

ReputationRep:
      I came on here to make some post/joke about blackberry's and political correctness but then I couldn't think of anything so here's my post instead.

School kids dont even need phones most of the time its to show of to their class

ReputationRep:
        Because they are fruitcakes as they like phones named after a fruit :lol:
        I had a BlackBerry before and it ws :thumbs up:

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by lukejoshjedi)
        and this, damnit

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...er-owners.html

people apparently use just like.. 10% of all the apps and features on smartphones, wasted potential. Sums up another point I was making
        so true!

Why are bb pins 8 digits long?

(Original post by blueray)
            Why are bb pins 8 digits long?
            Same reason mobile numbers are 9 digits long after the 07 I guess... to make sure there's enough?

ReputationRep:
            (Original post by FXX)
            You really need to start looking after your phones better if you judge them by whether they can survive going through the wash
            And that's only the alpha testing. The BETA testing involves dropping them from a height on to a hard floor below...

ReputationRep:
            People get iPod touch like me i got ipod touch 4gen because i want game and app apple have better games on their device then any other brand

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
          Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
          Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
        • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
          Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.