Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

why are brits unfortunate looking in the looks department? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Because my dad impreganted your mum and i had to come out of her ugly cave?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CharlieBee_90)
    ...isn't that kind of the point of this site? If people don't agree with something they comment - and there have been much more aggrssive replies in the past than mine was, don't see why you feel the need to single me out.

And actually I haven't failed to grasp the topic. I know very well that the original post was not actually claiming that Brits are ugly. The posts I quoted however, did suggest that. Again, you have singled me out for going off topic when other people have done exactly the same thing.

I apologised to OP for my post, don't see why I should apologise to you as well, but ok, sorry I went off topic by quoting someone else who went off topic and therefore doing something that happens on this site all the time.

Pics?
    No thanks. I dont need to upload a pic of myself to prove my point, especially whe comparing them with the old folks you uploaded. You really think the male pics you uploaded do the british male justice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tsukuyomi)
    No thanks. I dont need to upload a pic of myself to prove my point, especially whe comparing them with the old folks you uploaded. You really think the male pics you uploaded do the british male justice?
    Lol, in any 'World's Sexiest Woman or Man' list there is always a disproportionaly high number of British people. :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    I have never understood the hype surrounding East European women - they are much too angular and severe looking.

Women from Wales and the celtic fringe are some of the best in Europe I believe.

ReputationRep:
    Rep suicide thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovely_me)
    Lol, in any 'World's Sexiest Woman or Man' list there is always a disproportionaly high number of British people. :teehee:
    I dont take that bs seriously. If you had any common sense you would see that all the people that make up that list are famous. They should change the title to; worlds sexiest CELEBRITY women or men.

Lets be real, there are loads of people who look alot better than those who make up the list, and the only reason they dont make the list is because they aint famous/known. Even still the british dont make up a huge portion of that list anyway

ReputationRep:
    Me and plenty of other women here and abroad. That's just what a lot of us like. :dontknow: sorry if that sounds so utterly farfetched to you. Just stating fact.

Anyway couldn't help but notice that you conveniently forgot about the women.

ReputationRep:
    Let's put it this way- whenever I see a male who is well dressed, well groomed or physically striking I always think that they must have come over here from somewhere like New York or Italy.

People are AFRAID to be good looking (for which I include well dressed) in Britain. Not suprisingly for it attracts scornful glances from most people to be seen to be supposedly 'trying too hard' with appearance. So if you are handsome woe betide you if you also put on smart clothing - you will derrided as some kind of 'nouveau rich' effeminate dandy.

This has nothing to do with class either. Many of the best looking or dressed people are of working class or lower middle class origins.

ReputationRep:
    Me and plenty of other women here and abroad. That's just what a lot of us like. :dontknow: sorry if that sounds so utterly farfetched to you. Just stating fact.

Ok you caught me out. I didnt include the females you uploaded. I aint gonna gas, they look good.
    Im not saying that all the british girls look bad, because that ain true, but its harder to find a good looking girl in this country than in some other countries.

ReputationRep:
    Ok you caught me out. I didnt include the females you uploaded. I aint gonna gas, they look good.
    Im not saying that all the british girls look bad, because that ain true, but its harder to find a good looking girl in this country than in some other countries.
    It really isn't :cool:

Nice name, so are you a Itachi fanboy or does your name refer to the Japanese moon god?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SatanIsAwesome)
    It really isn't :cool:

Nice name, so are you a Itachi fanboy or does your name refer to the Japanese moon god?
    If you asking if i read the naruto manga; yes.
    Im also a fan of japanese/greek/norse mythology

As for the phrase you highlighted, it depends on your standards

ReputationRep:
    As if that poll matters? It's a well acknowledged fact in UK that only ugly people use dating sites.
    If you're good looking you go out and meet people, not sit on the computer all day waiting for a message in your inbox.

The strange thing about UK is that all the good looking people and bad looking people seem to hang out in completely different cities o.0 I go to a campus Uni in the Midlands and I'd never seen so many good looking people in my entire life, as opposed to if you go into Stoke-on-Trent... where everyone seems to have exceptionally large noses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Picnic1)
    Let's put it this way- whenever I see a male who is well dressed, well groomed or physically striking I always think that they must have come over here from somewhere like New York or Italy.

People are AFRAID to be good looking (for which I include well dressed) in Britain. Not suprisingly for it attracts scornful glances from most people to be seen to be supposedly 'trying too hard' with appearance. So if you are handsome woe betide you if you also put on smart clothing - you will derrided as some kind of 'nouveau rich' effeminate dandy.

This has nothing to do with class either. Many of the best looking or dressed people are of working class or lower middle class origins.
    very very true.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think that's a fair judgement actually.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimalme)
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/relations...eople.com.html

is it due to years of inbreeding? or bad diet?

they're consistently being rated the ugliest people in the world
    because brit actors are chosen for their talent and not their looks, and as the vast majority of outside people only seen other countries on TV, britain is portrayed by the actors on TV. This is why british films have been and are the best in the world. America, for example, would never dream of putting an "average" or "below average" looking person on TV.

ReputationRep:
    Because of generations of inbreeding and people letting themselves get fat and out of shape. Then you mix in everyone turning working class and you get the modern day Brit which is rough, ugly, and fat.

Actually, the majority of the pictures you uploaded where of ugly or very average people. The guys are ugly, Emma Watson is average, and the first 2 girls are hot, but have sod all English features - especially Kelly Brook.
    Also, lets not forget that the average British woman is 5ft 4' and a size 14/16.......:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Whatever. Ben Barnes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovely_me)
    Are you honestly having a go at people's height now? :lolwut:

The average Brit is taller than the average American, average Chinese, average Indian etc etc.
    :facepalm:
    Short AND squat I said, not just short. Squat isn't very attractive for women if you look at the science of attraction, and short & squat isn't attractive for men.

ReputationRep:
    Either way, at least the Brits are better at humour. :hand:

ReputationRep:
    ...isn't that kind of the point of this site? If people don't agree with something they comment - and there have been much more aggrssive replies in the past than mine was, don't see why you feel the need to single me out.

And actually I haven't failed to grasp the topic. I know very well that the original post was not actually claiming that Brits are ugly. The posts I quoted however, did suggest that. Again, you have singled me out for going off topic when other people have done exactly the same thing.

I apologised to OP for my post, don't see why I should apologise to you as well, but ok, sorry I went off topic by quoting someone else who went off topic and therefore doing something that happens on this site all the time.
    Thing is you can't disagree with OP - it's a fact that the British are regarded as an ugly nation. I haven't just singled you out so don't worry it's nothing personal Instead of having a go at people who say the British are ugly, should you not be asking why they think the British are ugly? Until you know the why, you have no substance to any reply you may make. I personally think that the British are an ugly nation for numerous reasons:
    1)Lack of fashion sense
    2)Lack of a healthy lifestyle
    3)Strong features which are regarded as unattractive due to them being a result of poor variety in genetics, which makes sense considering that the UK is an island.
    If you want to disagree with those points & construct a cleverly thought out counter-argument, feel free, but looking through British clothes shops and seeing the hundreds of dresses which are either too revealing, coated in granny floral patterns or sequins it's going to be a hard point to argue.
    And the insincere apology is just a bit childish :indiff:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.