This discussion is closed.
jit987
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Captain92)
At least now we know which team not to field against Barca
Well not this team, but some players such as Arshravin(Maybe Chamakh) can and should play against Barca.
JK.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by jit987)
Well not this team, but some players such as Arshravin(Maybe Chamakh) can and should play against Barca.
It's got to be RvP over Chamakh, tbh.
Captain92
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
If Arshavin is feeling like doing a lot of tracking back and Chamakh is in form, yeah. But the back four need to be majorly sorted out. Wigan look about 3 times faster that us every single time they break, it's nuts, imagine what Messi would do with that
ahq
Badges: 15
Report 8 years ago
What, then, would our first choice defensive pairing be? I'm presuming Squillaci is out of the picture, so would it be Vermaelen-Koscielny or Vermaelen-Djourou? Personally, I would still tend to go with the former...
Captain92
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
ARGH I lost my stream!!
Captain92
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Abiraleft)
What, then, would our first choice defensive pairing be? I'm presuming Squillaci is out of the picture, so would it be Vermaelen-Koscielny or Vermaelen-Djourou? Personally, I would still tend to go with the former...
Not sure, I haven't seen Vermaelen and Djourou play together much so I don't know how they interact
jit987
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by JK.)
It's got to be RvP over Chamakh, tbh.
Yeh more chance of that happening.
(Original post by Captain92)
If Arshavin is feeling like doing a lot of tracking back and Chamakh is in form, yeah. But the back four need to be majorly sorted out. Wigan look about 3 times faster that us every single time they break, it's nuts, imagine what Messi would do with that
That is that thing, with Wigan they have more players at the back so we tend to attack slower(less space). But with Barca, they will have more possession so when we counter-attack we should attack quicker/faster and there should be more space and less defenders.
Captain92
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Yeh more chance of that happening.

That is that thing, with Wigan they have more players at the back so we tend to attack slower(less space). But with Barca, they will have more possession so when we counter-attack we should attack quicker/faster and there should be more space and less defenders.
I didn't mean our attack was slow (although it currently is) I meant our defenders have no pace, it's been so long since I've seen Vermaelen play I can't even remember if he's quick or not lol. Why can't we transfer Walcott's pace over to somebody else when he's on the bench
lukejoshjedi
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Djourou... no, just no. Diaby was playing on Monday right? Wilshere, song and Diaby should all get preference over Djourou.
Ar5enal Fan
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Abiraleft)
I'd much rather us go with Vermaelen-Djourou judging by this season's performances. Koscielny is like the new version of Senderos, really good most of the time but then switches off at key times and ends up costing us. He's still young and developing though, but I think Djourou has been a lot more consistent.
RobbieC
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Fighting to keep my stream alive ffs... rubbish.

Wilshere and Rosicky are owning this for us... but we need an outlet. Theo should come on for Bendtner or Chamakh, whoever is more tired.
Ar5enal Fan
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by lukejoshjedi)
Djourou... no, just no. Diaby was playing on Monday right? Wilshere, song and Diaby should all get preference over Djourou.
:lolwut:

As for this game it looks like we're just coasting now, and all the players look tired which is strange seeing as most of them have had an extended break.
lukejoshjedi
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Ar5enal Fan)
:lolwut:

As for this game it looks like we're just coasting now, and all the players look tired which is strange seeing as most of them have had an extended break.
I mean to say, he just shouldn't be played at all lol. Or rarely...
CreativeUsername
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Get in lads.
RobbieC
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
That was some beautiful play. Sumptuous.
white_haired_wizard
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by RobbieC)
That was some beautiful play. Sumptuous.
I couldn't get tickets for this game because of Wigan's gay ticketing policy and their pathetic telephone system. **** them, hope the Arsenal rough them up and **** them over tonight.

Revenge for messing WHW about ffs.
Captain92
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Whew. Good save.
Stalin
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by white_haired_wizard)
I couldn't get tickets for this game because of Wigan's gay ticketing policy and their pathetic telephone system. **** them, hope the Arsenal rough them up and **** them over tonight.

Revenge for messing WHW about ffs.
The roughing I gave your mum should cancel the revenge out, bro.
MrEboueEmmanuel
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Headbutt on wilshire by n'zogbia. Good he's gone!
ahq
Badges: 15
Report 8 years ago
BBC's having a powercut - is it 1-3? Who scored?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (115)
17.8%
It's just nice to be back! (177)
27.4%
Not great so far... (229)
35.45%
I want to drop out! (125)
19.35%

Watched Threads