Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain92)
    At least now we know which team not to field against Barca
    Well not this team, but some players such as Arshravin(Maybe Chamakh) can and should play against Barca.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jit987)
    Well not this team, but some players such as Arshravin(Maybe Chamakh) can and should play against Barca.
    It's got to be RvP over Chamakh, tbh.

ReputationRep:
    If Arshavin is feeling like doing a lot of tracking back and Chamakh is in form, yeah. But the back four need to be majorly sorted out. Wigan look about 3 times faster that us every single time they break, it's nuts, imagine what Messi would do with that

What, then, would our first choice defensive pairing be? I'm presuming Squillaci is out of the picture, so would it be Vermaelen-Koscielny or Vermaelen-Djourou? Personally, I would still tend to go with the former...

ReputationRep:
      ARGH I lost my stream!!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Abiraleft)
      What, then, would our first choice defensive pairing be? I'm presuming Squillaci is out of the picture, so would it be Vermaelen-Koscielny or Vermaelen-Djourou? Personally, I would still tend to go with the former...
      Not sure, I haven't seen Vermaelen and Djourou play together much so I don't know how they interact

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by JK.)
      It's got to be RvP over Chamakh, tbh.
      Yeh more chance of that happening.
      (Original post by Captain92)
      If Arshavin is feeling like doing a lot of tracking back and Chamakh is in form, yeah. But the back four need to be majorly sorted out. Wigan look about 3 times faster that us every single time they break, it's nuts, imagine what Messi would do with that
      That is that thing, with Wigan they have more players at the back so we tend to attack slower(less space). But with Barca, they will have more possession so when we counter-attack we should attack quicker/faster and there should be more space and less defenders.

ReputationRep:
      Yeh more chance of that happening.

That is that thing, with Wigan they have more players at the back so we tend to attack slower(less space). But with Barca, they will have more possession so when we counter-attack we should attack quicker/faster and there should be more space and less defenders.
      I didn't mean our attack was slow (although it currently is) I meant our defenders have no pace, it's been so long since I've seen Vermaelen play I can't even remember if he's quick or not lol. Why can't we transfer Walcott's pace over to somebody else when he's on the bench

ReputationRep:
      Djourou... no, just no. Diaby was playing on Monday right? Wilshere, song and Diaby should all get preference over Djourou.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Abiraleft)
      I'd much rather us go with Vermaelen-Djourou judging by this season's performances. Koscielny is like the new version of Senderos, really good most of the time but then switches off at key times and ends up costing us. He's still young and developing though, but I think Djourou has been a lot more consistent.

ReputationRep:
      Fighting to keep my stream alive ffs... rubbish.

Wilshere and Rosicky are owning this for us... but we need an outlet. Theo should come on for Bendtner or Chamakh, whoever is more tired.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by lukejoshjedi)
      Djourou... no, just no. Diaby was playing on Monday right? Wilshere, song and Diaby should all get preference over Djourou.
      :lolwut:

As for this game it looks like we're just coasting now, and all the players look tired which is strange seeing as most of them have had an extended break.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Ar5enal Fan)
      :lolwut:

As for this game it looks like we're just coasting now, and all the players look tired which is strange seeing as most of them have had an extended break.
      I mean to say, he just shouldn't be played at all lol. Or rarely...

ReputationRep:
      Get in lads.

ReputationRep:
      That was some beautiful play. Sumptuous.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by RobbieC)
      That was some beautiful play. Sumptuous.
      I couldn't get tickets for this game because of Wigan's gay ticketing policy and their pathetic telephone system. **** them, hope the Arsenal rough them up and **** them over tonight.

Revenge for messing WHW about ffs.

ReputationRep:
      Whew. Good save.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
      I couldn't get tickets for this game because of Wigan's gay ticketing policy and their pathetic telephone system. **** them, hope the Arsenal rough them up and **** them over tonight.

Revenge for messing WHW about ffs.
      The roughing I gave your mum should cancel the revenge out, bro.

ReputationRep:
      Headbutt on wilshire by n'zogbia. Good he's gone!

BBC's having a powercut - is it 1-3? Who scored?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.