Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Poppet_16)
    well now i dont know whether to ring gttr and change my choice or wait to see from trent. i'm 99% sure i havent got in coz i havent even had an interview but they still havent said
    Phone trent up to find out ! I'm in the same boat with the GTP! I phoned and they told me that they were still looking at all the aplications and that it didn't mean I wont have interview.
    But at this stage I bet they will see how many places they have left before interviewing any1 else ! Is really not fair just glad that i also applied and got interview for pgce.

ReputationRep:
    Hope you get in !!!
    I've asked for feedback from Trent
    It maybe that I'm not Academic enough for them !!!!
    I think I would struggle to do 20000 word essays.
    But standing and inspiring children I can do it now !!!!

ReputationRep:
    Got my feedback from NTU;

I suggest you might consider developing strengths in the following areas;

Ability to interact effectively as a team member and to articulate your thoughts to a wider audience.

Insight into teaching and learning by reflecting on relevant, quality experience in primary schools

I think these are fair points for me to take on board.
    My advice for the future applicants would be that a lot more than the 10 days experience in schools is required. My 10 days was quite rushed and didn't give me much real experience. It convinced me that teaching is right for me but didn't give me enough experience of different children's characteristics and learning strategies.
    In the Group interview presentation it was too easy to state my own views and disagree with the others in the team. Some people gave this advice to others on the forums, this would show independent thinking. But to the assessors this may have appeared that I found it difficult to be part of a team !!!.

Anyway still loving my TA course and the Primary experience I am getting.

Nick

ReputationRep:
    Had my interview on 11th January. I have e-mailed, called and still had nothing. I'm a single mum so have a lot to organise in terms of a job, funding, my child's education, where we might live etc...

Frustrated!

ReputationRep:
    @ Nick - Really glad you managed to get feedback as initially they said they were not able to provide this! also glad you can take a really positive approach to it and that you are enjoying your TA course.

ReputationRep:
    I am also STILL waiting to hear. This whole applicaiton process has turned into a bit of a joke. Im starting to wonder whether I want to study at a university which has such poor communication with their students.

All they neeed to do was to send a generic email out to everyone explaining what has happened and when we may hear. It is NOT difficult and is just basic professionalism.

My first impression of NTU is very very POOR. Still all you can do is smile and wait to hear

Goodluck to everyone who has not heard yet.........

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know Dee's number so I can call her direct? Not getting anywhere with email.

ReputationRep:
    im still waiting to hear, have been told by dee that they are still unsure of the exact number of places blah blah

ReputationRep:
    I've been told the same thing. In my heart I think I know what the answer will be, it seems cruel to make us wait this long.

Put us out of our misery please!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guyss...I've got an interview next week for the primary PGCE. I am sooo nervous!! I was wondering if some one could tell me what to expect and what sort of things they are going to ask?? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    What journals did you use i am struggling to pin point ones that i find relevant to my stand point

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.