Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smile88egc)
    Hands up who's going in for placement tomorrow?

Can't decide whether the brownie points are worth it....none of my housemates have come back yet and I'm all alone!
    I would have gone in (or might have anyway)... if I weren't the other side of the country :p:

ReputationRep:
    Wiley Online Library is pissing me off - it seems to have all the articles I want, but won't let me get to them. If I log in via my institution, it forgets what article I was after...

Anyone got access to the full version of these:

Does nutritional intervention for patients with hip fractures reduce postoperative complications and improve rehabilitation?.
    Gunnarsson AK. Lönn K. Gunningberg L.
    Journal of Clinical Nursing. 18(9):1325-33, 2009 May.

Nutritional supplementation decreases hip fracture-related complications.
    Eneroth M. Olsson UB. Thorngren KG.
    Clinical Orthopaedics & Related Research. 451:212-7, 2006 Oct.

Nutritional supplements after hip fracture: poor compliance limits effectiveness.
    Bruce D. Laurance I. McGuiness M. Ridley M. Goldswain P.
    Clinical Nutrition. 22(5):497-500, 2003 Oct.

Provision of high-protein supplement for patients recovering from hip fracture.
    Neumann M. Friedmann J. Roy MA. Jensen GL.
    Nutrition. 20(5):415-9, 2004 May.

Massive thanks to anyone who can get them...

ReputationRep:
    Wiley Online Library is undergoing maintenance for me

ReputationRep:
    Can access the 3rd and 4th - they're not wanting to upload here at the moment though
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hygeia)
    Can access the 3rd and 4th - they're not wanting to upload here at the moment though
    It won't let me upload anything at the moment, it really gets on my nerves :hmpf:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca-Sarah)
    Wiley Online Library is pissing me off - it seems to have all the articles I want, but won't let me get to them. If I log in via my institution, it forgets what article I was after...

Does nutritional intervention for patients with hip fractures reduce postoperative complications and improve rehabilitation?.

Nutritional supplements after hip fracture: poor compliance limits effectiveness.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science.../sdarticle.pdf

Sorry can't access the Nursing journal paper but here are the other 3 for you.

ReputationRep:
    x
    Will try to attach them here again - got 1 of them now (will try the other again later or PM me your e-mail address and I'll send it across that way)

edit: nvm, looks like Ataloss has added both the ones that I've accessed
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdfBecca-Sarah Hips article 2.pdf (57.4 KB, 346 views)

ReputationRep:

I have the bottem 2 as PDF, the orthopaedics and related research one, I can see it but theres a gap in the subscrption so I cant download it. The JCN one, Wiley is broken and the journal site itself is useless and slow.

Give me somewhere to send the other 2 if you want them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wangers)
    I have the bottem 2 as PDF, the orthopaedics and related research one, I can see it but theres a gap in the subscrption so I cant download it. The JCN one, Wiley is broken and the journal site itself is useless and slow.
    Give me somewhere to send the other 2 if you want them

(Original post by Hygeia)
    Will try to attach them here again - got 1 of them now (will try the other again later or PM me your e-mail address and I'll send it across that way)
    edit: nvm, looks like Ataloss has added both the ones that I've accessed
    (Original post by Ataloss)
    Sorry can't access the Nursing journal paper but here are the other 3 for you.
    Apparently I've given out too much rep in the past 24hours (there's a first!) but thank you so much guys! Now to critically analyse the bloody things whilst at work tonight...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by buzzcat)
    I'm starting a resp firm at Mary's tomorrow... do you guys recommend getting the flu jab?
    I have had one and am not even clinical...

I would say go for it...

ReputationRep:
    This brought a smile to my face.

ReputationRep:
    Exams over! Now to go drink beer and play games.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mushi_master)
    Exams over! Now to go drink beer and play games.
    Nice one. Eugh, my exams start in exactly a month's time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i'm no superman)
    That's certainly better than coming back from Christmas straight after new year. Bloody King's.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    I have a headache, I don't want to revise! Yes I'm throwing a paddy. I'm okay with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mushi_master)
    That's certainly better than coming back from Christmas straight after new year. Bloody King's.
    That sucks. I go back next week for another two weeks of lectures and then two weeks worth of study leave before exams.

ReputationRep:
    I'm so old now! :C had 3 hours sleep before firms and it nearly killed me (literally)

ReputationRep:
    That sucks. I go back next week for another two weeks of lectures and then two weeks worth of study leave before exams.
    Two weeks study leave!? That's amazing. I'll get less than that for Finals.

ReputationRep:
    Try a week. I'd much rather a month. Having later exams means you can chill out quite a lot over Christmas, rather than experiencing the flutters of unease.

ReputationRep:
    Ah I'm so jealous! We never get study leave. They tell us its not possible to revise for our exams (it definitely is).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.