Did you visit a Uni and KNOW immediately it was the place for you? Watch

username457532
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
YESSSSSSSSSSS...

I visited Sussex yesterday. I NEED to go there.

WHAT? Someone negged me for wanting to go to Sussex. Show your (hypothetical) face.
WoWZa
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Haha, I didn't visit it before. But it has worked out brilliantly =)
chrislpp
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Department in york I knew within a few minutes. As for the area it's really nice but will take getting used to. I'm not so sure yet, will go to all open days I can and figure it out.
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Yes, in a way. When I first visited my current university, it reminded me a lot of my old school and it was quite small so felt really familiar. I haven't regretted choosing my uni for a moment since.
izzi58
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Liam_G)
What do you study if you don't mind me asking? I've applied for English, and Stirling was my alternative firm (just in case I didn't get into Dundee)... I've gotten an offer from Dundee, but after hearing about Stirling I'm a little unsure as to what to choose. If Stirling reject me then I'll go with Dundee, but if they give me an offer, I may have to think about it...

What do you like about it particularly?
Stirling was my insurance and I am so happy that I missed a grade and came to Stirling ! Love it all, the campus,the scenery,proximity to the city, good train connections, its made being 300 miles from home very easy.
*LittleGem*
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Yes! Swansea was the third uni I looked around. While the others were OK, nothing hit me like Swansea - I absolutely fell in love as soon as I walked on the campus. I just knew I would be happy there. And I really, really am - I absolutely love it! It probably helped that it was a beautiful sunny day both times I went to the open day but even so - it just felt right. The beach right across the road, Mumbles nearby, with the Gower down the road...I knew it was for me.
hereinyourarms
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by SpiralDale)
Felt this today with the University of York, just disappointed with all the people I met there confirming that the nightlife is crap
I was there on Saturday too, what subject/department were you at?
SpiralDale
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by hereinyourarms)
I was there on Saturday too, what subject/department were you at?
Well I posted that 3 days ago as I was there on Wednesday with the Politics Department :P
Louzilla
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I felt like this when I went to Sheffield Halam. No it's not an amazing university but it just felt right and the course is great!
hereinyourarms
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by SpiralDale)
Well I posted that 3 days ago as I was there on Wednesday with the Politics Department :P
Okay, I meant Wednesday... FAIL.
Half term has sure made me lose track of what day it is :P
I was at Maths haha.
.x.Steff.x.
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Yup, UCB was the first uni open day I went to and knew I wanted to be here. I did go to 2 other uni open days (MMU and LJMU) but i just wasn't interested!
Superstar6318
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
For me it's more a case of knowing which ones are bland, I hated Roehampton.

But loved Nottingham Trent, doubt I'll get in though.
InsaneFandom
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Not really, but so far it's definately been Sheffield<Nottingham<Southampton ..

Although that's the order I've visited them in.. and Sheffield was covereddd in snow when I went, we didn't even get to see the accomodation- so I'm not so sure lol
Visiting Warwick next week aswell.

To be honest though, I think I'll end up loving wherever I go
Superstar6318
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I fell in love with Royal Holloway and Southampton, both of which don't even do my course!
emmy141
Report 8 years ago
As soon as I visited Cardiff, I knew it was a place I'd be more than happy living for the next three years. Fell in love with the city before I even set foot inside the Uni! Just need to get the grades now
Poppyxx
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Yes when I visited St Andrews...

I'm at Oxford now.

Soooo yeah.

x
Chris12002
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by appleface)
Yep. When I visited Sheffield, I fell in love with it. Haven't really been able to imagine going to another university since I went there. Hopefully be going there next year
Ah same (apart from the going there next year as i'm here now )
Sounds quite gay, i loved it but the bit where i walking down Richard Roberts building staircase and the sun was shining through the glass façade and it just looked amazing.
CountDuckula
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Yes! But this feeling happened at 3 of the unis I visited...so yeaahhh, still no closer to choosing 'the one'
izzi58
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by CountDuckula)
Yes! But this feeling happened at 3 of the unis I visited...so yeaahhh, still no closer to choosing 'the one'
Go back and see them a 2nd time. I loved Lancaster when I went to the open day. Got an offer and went to an applicants day. This time I had a really good look at the town itself and realised I couldnt spend 3 years there. Still loved the Lancaster campus itself but had to cross it off the list.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (558)
37.73%
No - but I will (116)
7.84%
No - I don't want to (104)
7.03%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (701)
47.4%

Watched Threads