Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    my food cant touch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TotoMimo)
    I didn't realise it was strange until someone pointed out the way I make a cup of tea. Apparently I do it the same way every time, and it's "weird". Boil the kettle, put the milk in first, pinch the teabag with my fingers, holding it at the side of the mug, then pour the boiling water into the mug over the held teabag.

I didn't think it was odd, because to me it just makes sense - you don't need to fish out the teabag, and can hold it in exactly as long as it takes to get the right strength as the milk turns darker and darker. Hm.
    Does the steam not burn your fingers?

This way seems to be the only way milk firsters are okay as humans :P

ReputationRep:
    I fall into the "cold hands warm heart" category

By these means, I can withstand the steam of the boiling water for juuuuust long enough for the perfect cuppa.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, hey, does anyone else do this with chippy chips - bite the top off one, squoosh the chip between your fingers so the tattie splodges out, then sook it out, then chomp the remaining chip casing? I LOVE doing this.

I'm 26.

ReputationRep:
    When eating crisps I don't put my whole hand in just use thumb and index finger.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes I cut pizzas into five slices. Is that weird?

ReputationRep:
    salad cream sandwiches. :drool:

I also eat the whole apple, including the core and stalk.

ReputationRep:
    I also don't like eating crisps when other people offer them me... any other food I will gladly take but just not crisps. They taste different when someone else has given them to you. :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dnumberwang)
    Sometimes I cut pizzas into five slices. Is that weird?
    You mean like, cut a star-shape with the pizza-cutter? I'm intrigued why you'd do that instead of four or six, because it'd take considerable extra time and a bit of gauging for not a lot of difference! Obviously you do it for a reason, now I'm interested!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mysteriouschic)
    When eating crisps I don't put my whole hand in just use thumb and index finger.
    Doesn't everybody do that? I catch myself doing that when I'm eating crisps.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, first the calamri thread, now all these posts on fod habits. Its making me hungry

ReputationRep:
    My friends hate when I eat Mars Bars,as I eat the chocolate around the sides and try to eat the chocolate on the top(not always succesful!) and then eat the yummy inside.

Also,if I have a sandwich cut into two triangular halfs(most pre boxed ones are at my school) I tear them in halfand then eat the mini triangles and then the crusts for last.

God,I'm strange.

ReputationRep:
    My sister's friend has a weird one, we only encountered it when she stayed over at mum's house a few years back, but she is literally scared of link sausages.

The thing is, she likes sausage; she'll eat it if it's been squeezed from the casing mushed into a patty, as Lorne (square) sausage, or as a McDonalds-style sausage "burger", but as a link, she literally shudders.

I'm sure there's some kind of Freudian undertones in there somewhere but as I gentleman I will refrain from discussing that with her... heheh!

ReputationRep:
    You mean like, cut a star-shape with the pizza-cutter? I'm intrigued why you'd do that instead of four or six, because it'd take considerable extra time and a bit of gauging for not a lot of difference! Obviously you do it for a reason, now I'm interested!!
    No, 3 sixths and 2 quarters. It might to be avoid cutting a big piece of pepperoni in half, or because I slice it in half first, cut one side into sixths and then I can't be arsed for the other side
    I use a standard knife because I find pizza cutty wheel thingies impossible to use

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ducklighter)
    Doesn't everybody do that? I catch myself doing that when I'm eating crisps.
    Nope loads just put their whole hand in the bag.

ReputationRep:
    Really? You mean like, ramming their entire paw in to grab handfuls out? I thought people only did that in like... cartoons.

ReputationRep:
    Really? You mean like, ramming their entire paw in to grab handfuls out? I thought people only did that in like... cartoons.
    Yeah lol I've seen a lot do that.

ReputationRep:
    REALLLY? No wayyy? :gah: I must and find and observe this weird people. I only do when I want those minuscule crumbs on the bottom of the bags but never otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ducklighter)
    REALLLY? No wayyy? :gah: I must and find and observe this weird people. I only do when I want those minuscule crumbs on the bottom of the bags but never otherwise.
    haha maybe you've just never pay attention most people see I think put their hand in the bag.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mayden)
    Raw pasta. :getmecoat:
    I thought I was the only one..

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.