Salford freshers 2011 Watch

alcazaba
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by kvelagala1)
Hello all, Do any of you by any chance know someone who is studying or used to study Radiography at salford uni please!! I really need an insiders view of the course. I'm thinking of going for it through clearing if its available.
I'm about to start Diagnostic there this year, so can't tell you anything about it just yet I'm afraid.

I know is it's a very popular course (at all of the universities). That being said nobody knows what courses may or may not pop up on clearing. :dontknow:

If it comes up, go for it.

Good luck tomorrow! Maybe see you at Salford

edit: there are still spaces available

UCAS Clearing - Diagnostic Radiography
geztival
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I hope this thread gets a bit more busy after everyone gets their results...I'm starting to believe that only 5ish other people in the whole of TSR land are going to Salford uni
k3ro
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by _Rooney_)
Yip, Thats the same with me, Though when i registered online with them I got an email saying i had already registered Blackboard is simple to work aswell
I haven't registered yet. I got as far as the part where they asked for a term-time address, but I can't enter one yet because I don't know which floor/flat/room number of my accommodation I'll be staying in. Sucks.
TheMaskedMarauder
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by geztival)
I hope this thread gets a bit more busy after everyone gets their results...I'm starting to believe that only 5ish other people in the whole of TSR land are going to Salford uni
Don't worry, I know everyone in Salford

DISCLAIMER: I know no one
geztival
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by TheMaskedMarauder)
Don't worry, I know everyone in Salford

DISCLAIMER: I know no one
Haha well at least you know the woman in Wilko who gave you a weird look when you bought plasticine
AWOL
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I just got my offer confirmed! Aviation tech and pilot studies FTW!
k3ro
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by AWOL)
I just got my offer confirmed! Aviation tech and pilot studies FTW!
Well done!
IamnotJessica
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Officially going to Salford nowwwww yayyyyy!!

Anyone else doing Journalism and Broadcasting?
AWOL
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by k3ro)
Well done!
Thanks, I'm pretty psyched for uni now-can't wait till Sep, and also if u call up you may be able to get a room in castle irwell, horlock or constantine accom cos thats what i did and they promised me a room sometime in the next 24 hours
GuitarWizard
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hello,

Im in Salford studying Network and Security. Its a bit quite over here
k3ro
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by AWOL)
Thanks, I'm pretty psyched for uni now-can't wait till Sep, and also if u call up you may be able to get a room in castle irwell, horlock or constantine accom cos thats what i did and they promised me a room sometime in the next 24 hours
I was tempted to call to see if Constantine would have any places, but I've already accepted a place at John Lester which I'm happy with.

Congrats again! See you in September.
k3ro
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by GuitarWizard)
Hello,

Im in Salford studying Network and Security. Its a bit quite over here
Aw. Well, only a few weeks until term time again.
AWOL
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by k3ro)
I was tempted to call to see if Constantine would have any places, but I've already accepted a place at John Lester which I'm happy with.

Fair enough, no en-suite isn't the end of the world. Thanks again and I'll see you around.
GuitarWizard
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Can we find out our flat number? I phoned up Accommodation and they said the flats are not allocated until we arrive, surely that can't be
k3ro
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Can we find out our flat number? I phoned up Accommodation and they said the flats are not allocated until we arrive, surely that can't be
Depends which accommodation. Castle Irwell for example, I know you can find out your flat number. John Lester and some others you can't - it's allocated when you arrive.
geztival
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by k3ro)

Do you know what floor/room you are in yet? edit: oops just saw your post above, just ignore me

PS Well done to everyone who got into Salford today! Looks like there will be more than 5 people going to the uni after all hehe
k3ro
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by geztival)
Do you know what floor/room you are in yet? edit: oops just saw your post above, just ignore me

PS Well done to everyone who got into Salford today! Looks like there will be more than 5 people going to the uni after all hehe
I emailed them and they said it's allocated on the day, so, bawwww. Gotta wait til then. 24 days!

Yeah, grats to everyone. Tbh though, I wasn't expecting many TSRians to be going to Salford. They're more.. Oxford people. XD
GuitarWizard
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by k3ro)
Depends which accommodation. Castle Irwell for example, I know you can find out your flat number. John Lester and some others you can't - it's allocated when you arrive.
I picked about 5 though how do I know where I was asigned :confused: Wanted to find the people first in the flat before meeting them, that sucks
k3ro
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I picked about 5 though how do I know where I was asigned :confused:
Um, why would they give you a room number if they haven't even given you an accommodation offer yet? Lol.

You need to wait until one of the accommodation places gives you an offer, then you can either accept or reject it. THEN, once you've confirmed you want to go there, they'll give you a room number... They're not going to give you rooms in all fives places.

You should get an accommodation offer a few days after your offer goes unconditional.
GuitarWizard
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Okies, im jumping ahead too quick
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (181)
27.55%
No (476)
72.45%

Watched Threads