No - I'm male (14)
4.07%
No - I'm female (18)
5.23%
im so academic
Badges: 13
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by Ocassus)
There appears to be some form of drama unfolding here on TSR. I think we could turn it into a pseudo-soap opera?
ROFL.
kristinaalovesu
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Jonesy12)
The blunt answer would be he is taking you for a ride. But go ahead and ask him whats going on.
I was his first proper girl though, like first sex and the like and he told me that he doesn't know anybody who would stick up with him especially about his medical condition. He mentioned before that he worried too much because I'm going to there to study and he'll be here so he said he doesn't want me to stop going out with guys once I get to uni just because of him. :idontknow: That's what he said, I'd like to ask him but he said we don't need to talk about it for now so I thought maybe I'll just wait for him to open it up and then we'll see how that went. I don't want me and him to stop talking just because of the stupid thing we did anyway.

(Original post by Darcy)
I am sorry to hear. What I would say is only become serious about him when he can become serious about you and not give sports a higher priority.
I know, I'm crazy over heels about him now. That's why I'm trying to take my mind out of him regardless of how hard it is. I never ever ever thought I'd fall for him like this, I remember I used to get annoyed at him the first time we became friends lol
Chillaxer
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by im so academic)
No.
It's true. If I guy has had unrequited love too many time,s ro women just treating him like ****e and going for someone more inaccessable, then he will resort to the sexual graitification side with women as the only thing worht doing as love is impossible to find (in his eyes)
im so academic
Slightly adorably. Slightly not.
im so academic
(Original post by Chillaxer)
It's true. If I guy has had unrequited love too many time,s ro women just treating him like ****e and going for someone more inaccessable, then he will resort to the sexual graitification side with women as the only thing worht doing as love is impossible to find (in his eyes)
Aww that sounds sad.
When will I know?
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yeah there are quite a few.

..but it's either a good thing or a bad thing depending on the person.
The Mr Z
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by kristinaalovesu)
Yes :sad: I actually don't know where I stand with this guy. I don't know if we are friends with benefits/casual or dating because we both told each other we like each other and he told me I have all the qualities he likes for the girl but then again recently hes been avoiding our situation and he's paying more attention to his sports thingy (he can't keep his hands out of his blackberry checking sports and stuff) I mean, he would literally check his phone every minute while we're together.
Well quite simply you have to see how serious he is, seeing as he's admitted to liking you.

Few men are always automatically romantic, but most are capable of being very so. The main thing holding them back is they don't quite know whether you want to be like that with them yet.
The most romantic guys in the world will only start acting romantically if they think you're comfortable with that. That's by their very nature; romantic people wont act in a way that they think would be inappropriate.

Next time you're with him alone, and he's doing that, ask him to turn the blackberry off. Tell him that you want the time you have together to be just about the two of you.

If he wants to be serious, he will. Be romantic towards him when you ask, hold his other hand say, he'll get the message that way.

If he turns it off, kiss him, then suggest something to do together right then. eg "why don't we go walk by the Cam"
(seeing as this is ISA's thread, all hypothetical scenarios naturally occur in Oxbridge)
j.laurence
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Slightly adorably. Slightly not.
Well being romantic on the internet is slightly tenebrous, if we met up I could show you the true meaning of romance
im so academic
(Original post by j.laurence)
Well being romantic on the internet is slightly tenebrous, if we met up I could show you the true meaning of romance
Hmm, ok then.
darlingsaidyes
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yeah definitely. My bf is one of the most romantic guys around, much moreso than myself. He's awesome
Andrii
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Simple question, and I'm asking this just to compare male and female responses.

My opinion: honestly, yes. Asked me that question only a few days ago and I would deny it like hell. But really, you just never know, and I got pleasantly surprised that not all men are lustful pricks. Some, but not all.

Life does have many surprises. :moon:
Of course they do! Out there...wherever I'm not :p:

But seriously, I don't think romance is dead quite yet... it depends what you perceive it to be though! I mean a guy can be romantic without storming in on a white horse or serenading you at midnight whilst the stars are shining :daydreaming:

It's the simple gestures, the fact that he actually wants you for who you are rather than just sex (not that there's anything wrong with casual sex, but that is not a relationship in itself). Being there to listen to you and support you, genuinely show he cares about you....and breakfast in bed now and again wouldn't go amiss either

Okay I'm gonna stop with the cheesy romance cliches now. In answer to your question: YES

Also, congratulations on the lucky guy
username91207
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
He is as far away from perverted as you could ever possibly imagine.

I was wowed.
He showed you his penis on webcam, didn't he?
kristinaalovesu
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by The Mr Z)
Well quite simply you have to see how serious he is, seeing as he's admitted to liking you.

Few men are always automatically romantic, but most are capable of being very so. The main thing holding them back is they don't quite know whether you want to be like that with them yet.
The most romantic guys in the world will only start acting romantically if they think you're comfortable with that. That's by their very nature; romantic people wont act in a way that they think would be inappropriate.

Next time you're with him alone, and he's doing that, ask him to turn the blackberry off. Tell him that you want the time you have together to be just about the two of you.

If he wants to be serious, he will. Be romantic towards him when you ask, hold his other hand say, he'll get the message that way.

If he turns it off, kiss him, then suggest something to do together right then. eg "why don't we go walk by the Cam"
(seeing as this is ISA's thread, all hypothetical scenarios naturally occur in Oxbridge)
He can't stop checking his phone, he admitted that to me and it was because of his OCD (and it's not just his OCD, he's got other medical conditions too). I remember last month he would hold my hand while we're walking and then once I get ahold back of his hand he would take it back :confused: I guess he was a bit of afraid and knowing that he is inexperienced with girls (from what he told me, and the fact that I'm the first proper one and he told me he's had flings before but no sex and stuff) I think that's the thing thats holding us back and also we live 2 hours away from each other but we both drive, plus I'm going to UK this fall and he'll be here so idk.
He confuses me too much, the other day he told me to drive to his this friday and then after a minute or so, he changed his mind because he feels guilty everytime I drive there because its a 2 hour drive and the gas is expensive so he said we'll just see each other on the baseball game and he's going to drive here (because the game is going to be here in my city). So I just agreed with him and said ok.
auzzieman04
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
there are loads of romantic guys (including me ) but women need to stop focussing on the "bad boy" type
CameraGirl
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
my boyfriend knows how to be romantic, and has done some lovely romantic things in the past. just it's a pretty rare occurrence ;P
Ich Dien
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
:no:
Then what I am? :lol: just a retard?
Jade2009
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Romantic guys are hard to find but they do exist.
aeterno
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You gave me something no TSR user has given me before.
Pos rep?
im so academic
(Original post by Ich Dien)
Then what I am? :lol: just a retard?
Course not!
im so academic
(Original post by snowyowl)
He showed you his penis on webcam, didn't he?
(Original post by aeterno)
Pos rep?
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

TSR, you come out with some amazing comments...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (308)
37.52%
No - but I will (63)
7.67%
No - I don't want to (61)
7.43%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (389)
47.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise