Most intelligent, creative and well written TV shows Watch

j.smith1981
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I think this is probably one of the best TV shows I have ever watched to be honest with you.

Waking the dead

About the only version of a CSI show I actually like, though actually a friends of mines girlfriend used to work in that kind of a job, it's not so true to it's fact but I think their all really good actors/actresses.

When they come up with adaptations of what happened and stuff I just thinks really cool, espcially when it concerns IT forensics then I am hooked!
ratrabbit
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
There have been enough opinions, let's get some facts.

The Wire
The Sopranos
The West Wing

Am I missing the part in OPs post where he says don't state the obvious ones? Because I've scrolled through 5 pages and seen them rarely mentioned; I despair for you all.
randomemotions
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
peep show, THE MIGHTY BOOSH and the best one I think is Ricky gervais' Extras. Especially the christmas special.
Lamptastic
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
My taste in TV shows revolves around sitxoms and comedy and they are worthy of a place in my bookcase/DVD rack if I never tire of them:

House
Scrubs
Red Dwarf
BlackAdder
The IT Crowd
The Mighty Boosh
CSI
Criminal Minds
The Office
Alan Partridge
Frasier
The Vicar of Dibley
Father Ted
Fawlty Towers
Absolutely Fabulous
Peep Show
The Inbetweeners
South Park
Family Guy/American Dad
The Simpsons- I think I've outgrown it but the odd episode brings back well loved memories of being 10 (the same age as Bart) and hating that I was more like Lisa.

I will be checking out some from this thread as I don't watch TV these days apart from the News and realise that I've been missing out.
Pheylan
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by I<3LAMP)
I will be checking out some from this thread as I don't watch TV these days apart from the News and realise that I've been missing out.
30 Rock
Arrested Development
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Extras
Freaks and Geeks

Enjoy
MathsLord
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
"Ima let you finish, Ima let you finish, but The Big Bang Theory is the best TV show of all time."
AreYouDizzeeBlud_x
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by wactm)
The Wire - This isnt really a tv series, its 5 twenty hour long movies. It draws you in and is in incredibly addictive, clever and very realistic.

Prison Break - I watch everything I can find related to prisons, they fascinate me, the first series was incredible and quite clever.
Have to agree.

I watch these tv shows because I know one day I will end up there and I want to know how to work the system and what its like. :unimpressed:
ThisIsMyUser
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Big Bang Theory and how i met your mother, and a few south park episodes
Joker370
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
In terms of intelligent and well written, it has to be Sherlock.

However my favourite's still the IT Crowd.
jimcatinnes
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It has to be frasier or 30 rock!
Jacktri
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Dexter
Personification
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
- The Mentalist
- Dexter
- House
- Big Bang Theory
- Scrubs

In my very humble opinion.
Rascacielos
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Doctor Who.

It takes a pretty clever person to come up with a whole plot 3 years before it actually develops properly (I'm thinking about River Song here). :tardis:
DotComBoom
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
A lot of shows I'd have mentioned have already been said: Doctor Who, Peep Show, The Inbetweeners.

Has anyone mentioned Garth Marengi's Dark Place?
TheEssence
Badges: 16
Report 7 years ago
The killing
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Not always, but sometimes:

The Outer Limits,
The Twilight Zone,
Hustle,
House,
Firefly,
Prison Break,
The Simpsons,
Avatar: The Legend of Aang (or The Last Airbender),
Freaks and Geeks,
Charmed,
The Legend of The Seeker (prefer the books),
Joan of Arcadia
Fantaisie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Misfits & Dexter.
I watch True Blood aswell but I don't think its very good this season, the writing and acting has been ****.
i.am.lost
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Lost
True Blood
The Big Bang Theory
Madjackismad
Badges: 13
Report 7 years ago
Anyone mentioned Breaking Bad? That's pretty well written. So is Mad Men, The Sopranos, The Wire, Seinfeld, Arrested Development and to an extent Curb Your Enthusiasm (I know it's improvised dialogue, but Larry David says writing the story outlines means he needs to be very detailed and says it takes him longer to write an episode of Curb than for Seinfeld).

The West Wing as well.
Dalek1099
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by kopite493)
the first 2 seasons of primeval was genius and then they must have got new writers or something cause then it *insert inappropriate crashing comparison joke here*
you should vote for your favourite creatures from the fantastic first 2 seasons up against creatures which you don't think are as good Information Here:http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...php?p=34646985
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (427)
37.89%
No - but I will (87)
7.72%
No - I don't want to (76)
6.74%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (537)
47.65%

Watched Threads