Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1984198419841984)
    To be honest, the offer came as a massive shock.

I was not expecting it, and the appeal was in many ways just a request for a feedback. LSE had told me that my rejection was due to my poor GCSE results, and my Head of Year wrote admissions a letter, informing them of my extenuating reasons as to why I achieved such terrible GCSE results.

Today we get a phone call that they are willing to offer me a place.

As for the AAB aspect of the offer, again, its a surprise as well, but a pleasant one.
    Well done anyway

Yes, well done 1984198419841984.

We have the same quote in our signature, however:
    The quote I do not agree with what you say, but will defend to the death your right to say it is commonly misattributed to Voltaire, but is actually a summary of his attitudes, based on statements he made in Essay on Tolerance, by Evelyn Beatrice Hall (writing under the pseudonym of Stephen G. Tallentyre in The Friends of Voltaire (1906)).
    Lol, I myself misattributed it to Voltaire until someone told me I got it wrong.

Anyway, hope to see you this autumn. Will you be applying for accommodation?

Edit: Just seen your A Level subjects, ignore me, please. :s: :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e11even)
    Yes, well done 1984198419841984.

We have the same quote in our signature, however:

Lol, I myself misattributed it to Voltaire until someone told me I got it wrong.

Anyway, hope to see you this autumn. If you don't mind me asking, what A Level subjects (if you are doing A Levels) are you taking? Will you be applying for accommodation?
    I am sure it matters not much who you attribute the quote to:rolleyes: Nevertheless- bedtime:p:

ReputationRep:
    helloo...i'm also going to LSE to study Law this year...yay

how many places do you reckon they have? i suppose there'll be loads of people!

ReputationRep:
    Heyy..this thread is a good ideaa!..I'm also coming to LSE in september to study Law..!Have an offer of AAB, as i completed my Sociology A2 last year from which i got an A..!

They requested my certificate from that A level which i photocopied and sent as they asked, but i havent heard anything sincee...was wondering if i should call..i just dont want to annoy them!!...anyone else was in the same situation?

ReputationRep:
    Hey all :-)

Just saw this post.

Uncond offer (M100) law - coming in Sept/Oct 2008 :-) Wohooo!!

They sent that with my letter, luckily mine had been confirmed some time before. It's a good idea maybe to call that they have received it, its not harm in asking, or maybe email them, it will mean they can reply in their own time :-) best not to annoy the hand that feeds you Lol

ReputationRep:
    It seems that if we all go, we're all gonna be in the same lectures, beauty of law, you get to know the same 150 people in that year, whereas with other subjects it can be kinda mixed, and you meet new people each day.. good and bad in its own ways but hey congrats for all those with offers, and good luck to those waiting

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the advice N89! :]

ReputationRep:
    Thats fine Kiran have you got an offer so far?

No need to say thanks by the way, we're all here to help

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting .........................

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by N89)
    It seems that if we all go, we're all gonna be in the same lectures, beauty of law, you get to know the same 150 people in that year, whereas with other subjects it can be kinda mixed, and you meet new people each day.. good and bad in its own ways but hey congrats for all those with offers, and good luck to those waiting
    I can guarantee you that you will no longer say that once you have attended the first ILS lecture :p:

ReputationRep:
    :rofl:

Maybe so, but let a boy dream will ya haha don't scare us off before we get there :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Eeeek do you guys reckon most of the law offers are already given out?

I'm still waiting...but then I applied pretty late (Dec22)! GAH I'm freaking out so much!

ReputationRep:
    I applied 20th November so I seriously hope not, lol!

ReputationRep:
    A lot of offers come in March time, if that helps, offers have been given, but not everyone will take them, they have a quota, and the fill it by the end of march!

Stay positive. Hope that helps

N89

ReputationRep:
    Cheers N89, by the way i started a thread but no one has answered :'( so i thought i'd ask here. Has anyone applied for law that has not receieved offers had any form of contact from LSE through writing or email? Just all my other options have contacted in some way, so kinda worried something may have happened with the application process possibly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mokert23)
    Cheers N89, by the way i started a thread but no one has answered :'( so i thought i'd ask here. Has anyone applied for law that has not receieved offers had any form of contact from LSE through writing or email? Just all my other options have contacted in some way, so kinda worried something may have happened with the application process possibly?
    ahem...that would be me. they better have my application lying on the table this minute.

ReputationRep:
    Wooo! Got an offer today!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gobsmacker)
    Wooo! Got an offer today!
    Congratulations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by facebook)
    Congratulations.
    facebook, are you willing to give any insight into what its like to study law at LSE?? teaching, social life, career prospects, comparisons with other UoL unis??

thanks

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 6, 2008
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.