5.44%
    Psychology
    3.42%
    Chemistry
    26.28%
    Other
    13.84%

ReputationRep:
    I depends on preference of difficulty I suppose. (If this statement makes any sense please let me know)

ReputationRep:
    History!

ReputationRep:
    I think maybe you should have split this poll into humanities and sciences.

I'm taking english lit, history, art, gen. stud. and sports science and this year the most challenging has got to be history. I just found it very hard to adjust to after finishing GCSE. Also english has proved difficult, but only the exam, I didn't find the actual course anywhere as near difficult as the exam. I think it's because I get distracted because they keep asking you to comment on language and imagery and, obviously, you're far too busy trying to put up an argument to worry about that.

ReputationRep:
    Physics for me, I could never hack it... as someone so rightly posted earlier, why isn't Eng Lang up there? You can't have Lit but not Lang, Lang is my favourite subject!

ReputationRep:
    Definitely German! If you're thinking about taking it then be sure it's a subject you really want to do (as with any subject). I took it expecting myself to miraculously improve at the language but those 2 years studying the subject at 6th form were a constant struggle. I do genuinely believe it is a lot more difficult to become fluent in than French.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinkerbellejess)
    Arts tend to require more work before you actually take them, like with music you need to already play an instrument well and be able to do the theory, once you've got that, which you should have already than it's alright
    i don't know if you mean art itself when you say that. which isn't true. art is 100% coursework and the most work i have ever done for a subject in my life! it is very challenging, especially for people who don't have much drawing talent... and even if you do, it's just SO much work. drawing after drawing after drawing, painting, sculpting, whatever, and in mass quantities. not to mention all of the research, analysis and writing you have to include. you have to jump through about a million hoops with art.
    which is why it pisses me off that's it not even on that list.

ReputationRep:
    I found chemistry the most difficult... No sorry I found it impossible

I would ask;

What subject, despite being taught all during school years from infants to end of GCSE's proved the most difficult to learn, understand and get a top grade in?

I would hazard an educated guess at Maths!

Is this why it was omitted from the list on the poll options?

ReputationRep:
    English Language & Literature for sure. So many damn things to do.

ReputationRep:
    Id say History... mainly for the sheer amount of stuff you have to learn

However - i dont do sciences so for all i know, its easy compared to chemistry or someting lol

ReputationRep:
    English Literature is rather difficult i think.

ReputationRep:
    All a matter of opinion.

ReputationRep:
    In my opinion, Chemistry is the most difficult/challenging A-level. I had an exam for it today and it was a nightmare (I don't regret studying the subject, though)! That said, French (one of the other high scoring subjects in this poll), I find easy.

ReputationRep:
    This entire poll will be completely inaccurate because it is impossible to come to a sensible conclusion without having studies all of these subjects at A-level, and i very much doubt that anyone here is doing 10+ of them.

statistically speaking however, i believe chemistry is supposed to be the hardest. But what might be challenging for one person might be easy for another.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Champagne-Dahling)
    Why isn't there maths on the poll?
    my thoughts exactly!

ReputationRep:
    Languages - French AS Level, what a disaster

ReputationRep:
    im gonna have to agree with the majority on this thread, chem is by far my most difficult subject, probably when compared with the gcse which was so easy. But then i also find english lit quite tricky, yet i find maths and history quite straightforward so it really is subjective, i dont think either arts or sciences are of differing difficulty, it just depends on the person

ReputationRep:
    History is certainly difficult.

ReputationRep:
    Where is Maths on the poll...?

ReputationRep:
    Languages should be easy, if you speak it as your first language.

E.g. if someone from Germany (and lived in Germany), did A level German, thye would find it easy.

BTW, in Hong Kong I heard some students in year 10 could get 80% on Chinese Alevel (dunno whether it is AS/A2).

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.