Turn on thread page Beta

It Polls for Thee: Secretary General Election Time! watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Vote for your preferred SG. YOU HAVE SEVEN DAYS.
    Nightowl
    60.00%
    Wootcannon
    6.67%
    Brimstone
    30.00%
    Ahmed
    0%
    ABSTAIN
    3.33%

ReputationRep:
    I think I've found my twin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnaChance)
    I think we've already established that unless I'm following my passion (Which is writing fiction stories) I suck at all things wordy. Know me as Queen Nerd. The one with inappropriate sarcasm in catastophes and always is blunt and sarcastic. Think a not so suttle mix between Anya from Buffy and Seth from The O.C.
    Think of me as a male version of Anya from Buffy, only withmore sarcasm
    Speaking of, Buffy ruled. It was so good! I really need to get the whole thing on DVD one of these days:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nightowl)
    I think I've found my twin
    I knew I had one of those. Hi, I'm Queen Nerd, Also know as Chance. All you need to know about me is to look at my Avatar. :p: :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddylad)
    Think of me as a male version of Anya from Buffy, only withmore sarcasm
    Speaking of, Buffy ruled. It was so good! I really need to get the whole thing on DVD one of these days:rolleyes:

No need for me, my friend (Who lives I 5 min walk away)has all the seasons of Buffy and Angel on VHS.

ReputationRep:
    No need for me, my friend (Who lives I 5 min walk away)has all the seasons of Buffy and Angel on VHS.
    México is jealous
    Also México loves your avatar, it's geek-chic

ReputationRep:
    It's Michelle Branch. Say no more. The once pop-folk singer who joined up with my favourite singer of all time (Jessica Harp, My old 50x50 avvy that was black and white) to form a country duo called The Wreckers(I listen to country too) and their album stand still look prettry is out on May 23rd

ReputationRep:
    It's Michelle Branch. Say no more. The once pop-folk singer who joined up with my favourite singer of all time (Jessica Harp, My old 50x50 avvy that was black and white) to form a country duo called The Wreckers(I listen to country too) and their album stand still look prettry is out on May 23rd
    Oohh that sounds different in a good way. México will ponder this band whilst watching CSI.

ReputationRep:
    Oh by the way, me is also 1/4 Irish. So it is true that if it is not Irish it sucks (Sadly I am also 1/4 German and 1/2 English :'( a sad but true fact )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddylad)
    Oohh that sounds different in a good way. México will ponder this band whilst watching CSI.
    This Band is awesome. Their first single Leave The Pieces is greatness. Lots of Greatness

ReputationRep:
    I am 1/2 English, the other half is confusing, I think its something like 2 fifths Welsh and One fifth Irish, thats not actually possible but its SOMETHING like that

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. I think that is my proportions anyways. If it is not It'll be 1/8 Irish 1/8 German and 3/4 English.

I'm Not so sure. But it is the reason why I live in liverpool and certainly don't soundly like I live in liverpool

ReputationRep:
    Oh same, I live in Newcastle but there's hardly anybody less geordie than me! People say I sound like Im Irish :/

ReputationRep:
    In the Words of Peter Fraser I'm Posh Girl 'I sound different, not posh' the rest of my DT class thought what Thomas said when he called him Fat Boy. The war waged on.

Why are we discussing our ethnicy and accents. This is as almost as werid as carrots. Almost

ReputationRep:
    Ill C&P my answer in hope of getting this back on track:

i suppose this applies to both Paddy and Roger's questions.

Well it's no secret that I am a reformer in the MUN. However, I do understand people's concern that we may be reformed to death. Therefore, while giving every reform I (attempt) to make a fair amount of time to be properly scrutinised, I am determined not to make this an "admin club" as the current SG called it. I will (attempt) to carry out my reforms over time going slowly enough so the threads not realted to actual discussion seem very infrequent.

In regards to discipline, I will try to be as fair as possible. I will make sure everything is done by the book. I will also review and edit the Feneral Rules sticky, to make it more up to date with what we see in the MUN today. I will also clear up the rules on inactive reps.

I will endevour to keep threads on topic. This sounds silly coming from me but tis true, however I won't object to the ocassional completely random threads, such as this one/The Valentine's thread (I.e. Special occassions )

Anything else you wish to know do ask

ReputationRep:
    YAY Your allowing the occasional madness thread. Can this include a vote for the new official carrot seal for our MUN?

Okay, back on topic...

ReputationRep:
    Maybe; if I become SG, then I might consider opening an optional MUN society to accompany the actual group, if everyone else agrees to that (it would be debated and voted on of course) we could along with the UN flag put the carrots up as an option for the logo

This wouldnt happen immediately I should point out, maybe in the Summer time or later. I'm afraid of creating the impression that if I get in were going to have non stop debating on trivial issues, it's just not the case!

ReputationRep:
    I know, we shall have a serious MUN...were possible

ReputationRep:
    We're about 90 posts behind the Valentines day record of longest thread in the MUN, are we going for the record?

ReputationRep:
    What the?

198 posts in ~12 hours?

Nightowl, you need to sleep!

ReputationRep:
    Where's Wootcannon?
    When I joined the MUN he was quite an active poster, but he seems to have disapeared now.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.