Turn on thread page Beta

Would anyone else not want their gf to give them a bj? watch

xXMessedUpXx pm.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Anonymous #1: so you've never lived in a country more than 3 years? Where were you born?
    lol sorry, i meant since i was 3, in london, England.

I was born in Iraq

ReputationRep:
    Incidentally, what if tradition were to dictate that the female should ingest her partner's semen via the mouth and then egest it into a cup for purposes of subsequent fertilisation; would that qualify the mouth as, by your reckoning, a 'sexual organ'?

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't. At least not that i can pin point, was explaining why i thought it was degrading when asked..
    You said somewhere that any girl that is gonna do that is degrading herself.

That's the main reason I entered the thread.

Infact it could have been another anon?? God knows, I'm confused and worked up

ReputationRep:
    {d\0\0\0\0{Qpnfantasies]When I was at school, the idea of a BJ was sordid and yuck and everything. A girl could get called a slapper if she hung out with guys, had plenty of boyfriends, etc., but got called a lot worse if word got around that she gave many guys a BJ. I don't know how that worked, honestly, but it's really put me off, and the idea of actually *doing it* squicks me anyway.

I don't particularly care if I'm old-fashioned. I don't care if I end up having a really boring sex life. I don't want to feel uncomfortable. That's all . My first boyfriend broke up with me because I didn't sleep with him (which was because I was uncomfortable and didn't want to). He was a jerk, and I don't particularly fancy having to deal with that again, TBH.[/QUOTE]

You sound like good relationship material imo. You have strength of character.

(Original post by LiverSwings)
    Thank you!! Jesus, you said in like a paragraph what it took me a million posts to.
    actually...thats what we were saying, you were trying to justify why you didnt find it degrading (pointing it out just to be annoying)

You said somewhere that any girl that is gonna do that is degrading herself.

That's the main reason I entered the thread.

Infact it could have been another anon?? God knows, I'm confused and worked up
    i certainly did not..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    Incidentally, what if tradition dictates that the female should ingest her partner's semen via the mouth and then egest it into a cup for purposes of subsequent fertilisation; would that qualify the mouth as, by your reckoning, a 'sexual organ'?
    What a weird analogy.

Is analogy even the right word?? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't giving relationship advice. And the fact that you've broken up before is suggestive...
    Really?

I think the fact we're very happy right now and living together come july may suggest otherwise

ReputationRep:
    To be fair to you, it is Pretty Boy who is explicitly stating that.

But we all have different morals. You morally feel that asking your girlfriend to perform a particular sex act would be degrading for her. and it would be if she didn't want to do it.

But not all girls don't want to. If a willing and happy participant gets busy down there, how is that degrading? Of course this is in a senario where both parties are quite happy with the whole oral sex shebang.

I suppose if you were never going to be comfortable with the idea, it's never going to feel right to ask your girlfriend to do it. But if you were happy with the idea, and the girl was too, is it still degrading? I fail to see how it is, really.

ReputationRep:
    i certainly did not..
    Someone else then. Sorry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pretty Boy)
    Basically, some people people don't feel that performing oral sex isn't degrading because THEY don't feel degraded.

However, they ARE/CAN BE degraded without feeling it themselves.

For example, if someone commits a murder they may feel they aren't degraded but others may feel that this DOES degrade them.

Thats the point. You can't decide whether or not its degrading - other people decide.
    Whoopsy.

How many millions of people in the world will not find oral sex degrading?
    How many will?

Once we've got a poll, got the majority, there's your answer as to whether or not it's degrading.
    So this thread's pointless, as the world and his friend don't use TSR.

ReputationRep:
    Never mind

Incidentally, what if tradition dictates that the female should ingest her partner's semen via the mouth and then egest it into a cup for purposes of subsequent fertilisation; would that qualify the mouth as, by your reckoning, a 'sexual organ'?

Nay! The mouth would not be directly related to the act of fertilisation. Biologically, that function is reserved solely for the penis and vagina.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pretty Boy)
    You sound like good relationship material imo. You have strength of character.
    Well, that one bad experience has sort of screwed me up, because even though it was well over two years ago, I get worried about being intimate with guys, etc. He was my first boyfriend (and definitely NOT my first love!) so that kind of left an imprint.

I also think (and this is unrelated to the first boyfriend thing) that guys could do a hell of a lot better than me. So...yeah, I'm hardly good relationship material :P. Need to work on some issues first...

Alright.

(Original post by Fleff)
    "Changing to a lower state (a less respected state)"
    That, right there, is the definition of degrading.
    It is a personal choice over whether something is degrading. So whilst I can't actually fault you for finding it degrading, I could ask why you feel that. If it's nothing to do with hygeine... It's more to do with the mixing of bodily parts that you feel aren't meant to go together?
    Why aren't they meant to go together? Because they don't fit? Because they produce nothing?

Before I start reasoning with you, I just want to know why you find it degrading. And there's 4 pages for me to read through, at 40 replies per page, and counting. I've skimmed, and I can't remember you having said exactly why. Of course, if you have, feel free to direct me to that post and I'll reply from that...

Another question: do you think that it is still degrading if two other people are known to have partaken in oral sex, if neither of them find it degrading, and both wished to take part?
    sorry i missed your post before with the ambush...

i find degrading. whether or not people consented, is irrelevant. Not entirely sure why some people find it degrading, i made a few attempts at explaining as did some others along the way...

ReputationRep:
    What a weird analogy.

Is analogy even the right word?? :confused:
    Yup.

Makes you realise how arbitrary his distinction is though, doesn't it?

ReputationRep:
    YOU YOURSELF decide wether doing something is degrading to YOU.

You can't tell someone that doing something is degrading themselves. That's their call.

(Original post by Fleff)
    Whoopsy.

How many millions of people in the world will not find oral sex degrading?
    How many will?

Once we've got a poll, got the majority, there's your answer as to whether or not it's degrading.
    So this thread's pointless, as the world and his friend don't use TSR.
    but it can be relevant on a personal level. it might not be the right word to use in some cases, but in this context i think it can still apply

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 5, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.