Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coja)
    I think you can just see it from your point of view.
    Is it a deal-breaker for you if the girl isn't funny every single second of your date? Would you feel comfortable if she would crack one joke after the other or would you maybe get the feeling that she's making fun of you i.e. isn't taking you or the date seriously?
    Regarding the money question: Do you decide if you like a girl based on how much money she makes? I mean, obviously there are girls and boys to whom that is imporant, but if I have a guy who doesn't earn a lot of money but I like him as a person, I would prefer him over the rich guy who is a d**k in everyday life. I think, the only thing that puts girls off is a guy who is unemployed and just too lazy to get a new job. And regarding ambition: Would you like a girl who doesn't have any goals in her life?

The time frame is probably a very individual thing. Basically, I think the first date is the most important one. Either you click or you don't but that doesn't has to mean, that the guy has to demonstrate all the qualities the girls put on their lists here. In the end, it is about the person and his personality, not about his hair.

I hope that answered your questions somehow
    I totally agree with that. The "humour" and "career/money" were just examples I was using. But you're right - I don't judge any girl too quickly and try to get to know them a fair bit before coming to some sort of a conclusion.

The reason I asked that question is because with the last 2 girls, I felt as though they decided that its not going to work sort of too soon (2 dates), without really giving it much of a chance. It's not like the dates went bad or anything either lol Again though, you're correct, the time frame for each person is different.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lakesx)
    Same Intelligence as me- So have a degree
    Someone who doesn't have a degree isn't necessarily less intelligent than you.... If you mean same level of education fair enough, but that's definitely different.

Taller than me with heels
    Good sense in fashion- well dressed
    Fun, ambitious & cultured personality
    Educated in domestic affairs- i.e. does not expect me to cool and clean up after him because I am a women....
    *woman

God, I would have thought someone with your intelligence would have got that right!

ReputationRep:
    Taller than me with heels
    Good sense in fashion- well dressed
    Fun, ambitious & cultured personality
    Educated in domestic affairs- i.e. does not expect me to cool and clean up after him because I am a women....
    You wouldn't mind if he had a degree or not if he was Yohann Goucuff.

ReputationRep:
    Looks - doesn't need to be a stunner, but likewise doesn't need to be a complete turn off for me!
    Smile
    Confidence
    Intelligence
    Honesty/trustworthiness

ReputationRep:
    I got in touch with my feminine side today...made myself a sandwich.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Astrtricks)
    If they're human you'll date them, failing that you'll give it a thought.
    Because only homo sapiens have eyes, ears, nose, hair and a body...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pawsies)
    Really confused me then I realised you meant bald.

Didn't say I meant hair on the head

Haha
    Lol. That would be a good way to call people fat

ReputationRep:
    1. Intelligent
    2. Gentleman
    3. Views women as equal to men and is happy with women having a career.
    4. Patient
    5. Attractive to me

ReputationRep:
    1) Good sense of humour
    2) Undestanding and compromising
    3) Accepts me for who I am
    4) Beautiful inside and out
    5) TRUSTWORTHY AND CARING

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pai2502)
    First point - tick.
    The rest - will leave it to you to decide.
    Hahaha..

I havn't seen many guys in my area with black curly hair which is sad. Haha.

ReputationRep:
    What we can conclude from this thread is that girls like tall, confident guys with a sense of humour.

ReputationRep:
    - Intelligence - (not necessarily academic; can be street-smart) and can hold an intellectual conversation of a similar level as me
    - Sense of humour - if you made girl laugh, you've won some points
    - Physical Attractiveness - tall, good features and skin, fit/healthy body
    - Genuine love/care - for me, for his family, his friends.
    - Compatibility - whether our personalities and interests work well together. This encompasses different things for different women - for me, personally, he needs to have confidence and a strong sense of ambition/individuality for us to be able to work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aaron9890)
    I have been told i am funny so i hope that's one of the main things girls look for . I am also quite tall (6ft) I have a feminine hair and eye colour combination though, with blonde hair and blue eyes. I notice girls tend to like guys who are tall, dark and handsome. i fit the tall bill at least. Just wanted to get an idea as to what a girl looks for in a guy for future reference, i suppose it's all down to preference. I have had 2 girlfriends and i am 18 but i notice i am not the common girls 'type' being blonde. I think most girls like brown haired guys from my experience
    I would look for and I feel these work both ways

*Caring but not clingy, take an interest in things I'm passionate about

*Honest, someone who lays everything out infront of you

*Fun, they can have a laugh with you and specially getting to your friends I think a guy who can make your friends his is amazing.

*Look wise dress sense does slightly matter, baggy clothing is a put off.

*A friend before I got with my Boyfriend we were friends, good friends and I still see him as friend and boyfriend...if that makes sense, he has all the qualities of a good friend as well as a good boyfriend at that is priceless.

ReputationRep:
    Sense of humor - sarcasm/banter essential.
    Altruistic.
    Good level of health/fitness.
    Left/liberal.
    Into alternative/harcore/rock/metal.

Tattoos/piercings/plugs are a plus :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by canadamoose)
    Yes. I've had this list for about three years actually, since I was mistreated by my boyfriend at the time. I wrote up things that I 100% needed to have in a relationship in order for me to justify being with the guy (not including basic things like kindness and no abuse; I'd expect that from any decent human being).

My current boyfriend ticks every box, and I didn't meet him by looking for a boyfriend. He sort of just fell into my life, and I honestly can't say how grateful I am to have met him, let alone have fallen in love with him. These guys do exist, and they are phenomenal.
    Indeed we are. :smug:

Then again you do live in Toronto - you have more access to 'quality'

ReputationRep:
    Likes to cuddle :badger:
    In to alternative/ hardcore music :bl:
    Loves to banter and into dirty jokes :bootyshake:
    Loves animals (HORSESHORSESHORSESHORSESHORSES) and would never ever hurt them! :lazy:
    Likes to drink, but NOT an angry drunk (and will buy me drinks :cheers:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    1. Intelligence
    2. Good taste in music/movies
    3. Doesn't wanna have children
    4. Caring
    5. Is fun to be around

If he looks like Jared Leto, that's another bonus :P lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spontogical)
    Indeed we are. :smug:

Then again you do live in Toronto - you have more access to 'quality'
    Hah, Toronto's gone down the ****ter. Don't find much 'quality' around those parts,... it's not impossible though, I know plenty of really great guys, just not for me. My boyfriend is from the UK though.

ReputationRep:
    1) Looks - I know thats kind of superficial but you've got to be attracted to them in one way or another.

But, Tall - Above 6ft. Brown eyes, Dark brown hair. Really nice smile.
    Very slim. I like guys who arnt ripped but around a 26 - 30" waist.

2) Intelligence. Ive dated some less intelligent guys and Ive found that its hard to have a stimulating conversation. I remember one guy who used to say 'you know what I mean' after every sentence.

3) Ambition. I love travelling. I want to start my own business. I need someone who can do that themselves and have the drive to do so.

4) An interesting hobby. I like rock climbing and kayaking. Im not saying that they should but they should have something that makes them stand out for me. An ex of mine was a really good DJ and I admired him so much. He was also an excellent photographer and loved all the work that he did.

5) Generic, accepts who I am and my humor, sarcasm and personality. Kind, caring and when im older a good fatherly figure for our children.

For now living the life of a singleton.

This was posted from my pigeon carrier app on my GT-I9100

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 5, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.